In Defense of the Stroller Pushers

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Tuna

Original Poster
This debate will never end. Everyone needs to pay attention, plain and simple. I DO think people with strollers sometimes use them as a way to push past people in the parks. Same with ECV's. Add in people who are checking their smart phones at the same time and there's bound to be a crash or two of fifty! I know I am guilty of checking my phone for our next FP and have almost run into people. I always say "I'm sorry" or "Excuse me" when it happens. I would NEVER do it walking down a crowded Main Street. People need to use common sense with checking their phones. Step to the side and do it, not while you're walking through Fantasyland. Heck, I've even been run into by people too busy checking their social media accounts as opposed to watching with their going. If I notice someone is going to run into me, I give them a swift hip check and a "watch where you're going!!". That gets their attention pretty quick (sadly it doesn't do much because 2 second later their eyes are already glued back to their phones)

People with strollers and ECV's also need to use common sense. You're manuevering something that could possibly hurt someone if you hit them hard enough. Just because YOU are pushing a stroller doesn't give you the right to move people out of the way with it. When there are crowds, everyone is trying to get through, not just you. EVERYONE just needs to watch where they're going.

On a total side note, I never understood being buried in your phone at the parks. I can't tell you the amount of kids I've seen that are 10-12 years old playing on their phones the entire wait for an attraction, or through an entire meal. This younger generation has become WAY to dependent on cell phones and video games to keep them entertained. If you're going to just play on your phone the whole time, why not just stay home? :confused:
I hated the fact I had to have a phone at the parks for FP+. I don't want to carry it around or have links to the real world. I just want to be there in WDW enjoying the break from reality.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
uh oh, the grammar police are out in full force. And I'm the moron. hahaha some people need a life. When you have no argument, fight for grammar!!!!

Again I will say it. At no point was I defending all stroller pushers. At no point was I blaming all people without strollers. This is what we call an observation, not an argument. However as usual people have to make it into a personal argument. As I said, I didn't hit anyone. If I had said I hit people because they cut me off, I could understand the personal attacks because hitting people on purpose is dumb. As is not watching where you are going, with or without a stroller. Not sure what is so hard for the angry folks to understand.

As I said...

I didn't read your entire post. I'm sure it was filled with wonderfully well thought out points and observations.

I stopped reading after you called people "morons, plane and simple.

Furthermore, if someone wanted to "attack" your dismantling of the English language, it would be a much longer post then I am prepared to write.

PolynesianPrincess

I hated the fact I had to have a phone at the parks for FP+. I don't want to carry it around or have links to the real world. I just want to be there in WDW enjoying the break from reality.

I agree with you on wanting to not be connected to the real world. I check any news, etc.. as little as possible while I am there. Do I enjoy having my cell phone with me so I can post pictures to my Facebook or Instagram account? Sure. I want others to be able to see what I'm doing. But in no way, shape or form am I going to keep my eyes glued to my phone while trying to swim down Main Street with the post Wishes crowd just to upload a photo of the castle to my Facebook. It can wait until later.

The Tuna

Original Poster
Guess the personal attack argument went by the wayside....

Of course, simply trying to be considerate of the "morons." Now that's a curious spin....
How about this. When you want to read and take in what I have said let me know. You know the whole part about not wanting people falling on my kids, or not wanting to hurt anyone intentionally or not. I do that with or without a stroller in daily life because I am considerate. I can think people are idiots without running into them to prove my point.

Britt

On a total side note, I never understood being buried in your phone at the parks. I can't tell you the amount of kids I've seen that are 10-12 years old playing on their phones the entire wait for an attraction, or through an entire meal. This younger generation has become WAY to dependent on cell phones and video games to keep them entertained. If you're going to just play on your phone the whole time, why not just stay home? :confused:

The only time you'll see me on my phone is to pull up my camera...and even than it's a quick swipe of 2 fingers to get it up! haha.

I agree though! My nieces came with us on our first trip and I couldn't believe how much she was into her phone texting about her trip to WDW! She was still involved and we loved having her with us...but I couldn't help roll my eyes everytime I saw her fingers furiously texting away....LOL However...she didn't really have the option to stay home since my BIL/SIL brought her and her sisters ;)

The Tuna

Original Poster
As I said...

I didn't read your entire post. I'm sure it was filled with wonderfully well thought out points and observations.

I stopped reading after you called people "morons, plane and simple.

Furthermore, if someone wanted to "attack" your dismantling of the English language, it would be a much longer post then I am prepared to write.
Glad you feel better about yourself.

PolynesianPrincess

The only time you'll see me on my phone is to pull up my camera...and even than it's a quick swipe of 2 fingers to get it up! haha.

I agree though! My nieces came with us on our first trip and I couldn't believe how much she was into her phone texting about her trip to WDW! She was still involved and we loved having her with us...but I couldn't help roll my eyes everytime I saw her fingers furiously texting away....LOL However...she didn't really have the option to stay home since my BIL/SIL brought her and her sisters ;)

We had a similar incident last month when we brought my cousin. She is 15 and was CONSTANTLY on her phone either, texting or messaging her friends on Facebook Or taking photos. I swear she took over 500 photos on her phone of nothing. She would just point at random things and snap away. At first I let it go. She was on her first trip, excited and wanted to tell people about it. I understand that. But when we stopped for the Dreamlights show on the castle and I specifically told her to watch and I looked over 10 seconds later and she was texting, I snatched that phone out of her hand so fast. I was "the mean cousin" then but oh well. Her parents didn't save for a year for me to take her to Disney so she could text the whole time!

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
How about this. When you want to read and take in what I have said let me know. You know the whole part about not wanting people falling on my kids, or not wanting to hurt anyone intentionally or not. I do that with or without a stroller in daily life because I am considerate. I can think people are idiots without running into them to prove my point.
Unfortunately for me, I have read them. And time lost from my life aside, all I'm seeing is the ramblings of someone more preoccupied with what others are doing to not get out of their way. Morons, as you called them repeatedly. When in actuality they're just imperfect individuals who at that instance were more involved in the activities surrounding their vacations than watching out for yours. Boundless discussion on this topic has occurred before. With the bottom line being that there's good and bad on both sides, with the former usually outweighing the latter. Even among the morons.

Mousey21

I had a stroller while we were there for our 3 year old. It was a tiny umberella one. I managed to avoid hitting anyone, I nearly hit the idiot boy who went from speedwalking to sitting on the floor in a second, but I managed not too. I did get my ankles rammed a few times. And saw plenty of kids too old for them, we even saw a 8 year old kid pushing his mum in one, then when the kid was in it, the mum wouldnt push and the kid had to pull themselves along with their legs :| I thinkk that was probably my moment.

Britt

It is impossible to make it through the parks with a small or large stroller without hitting someone by accident. A percentage of guests never pay attention to what is going on around them and the increasing number of guests who have their noses stuck in an iPhone or iPad is only increasing. Just a reflection of our changing society, you can decide if it is for the better or worse.
So far...Im 2 for 2! Haven't hit anyone in the 2 trips so far! We'll see what happens the 3rd ;) HAHA

*EDIT to add: Although..at that point my youngest will be 4...so we may not have a stroller at all!! :D*

StarWarsGirl

I don't think I could ever be mad if hit by this stroller...
th

StarWarsGirl

And to lighten the mood...

Kittens in a stroller!
cute-kitten-stroller.jpg

Okay, not a cat person? How about puppies in a stroller?

Puppies%20in%20stroller%20025.jpg

There. Mood lightened. You may commence arguing about children in strollers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom