News Improvements coming to the entrances of all four Walt Disney World theme parks

Monorail_Red_77

Are they planning on tearing down the TTC completely ??
No. They are reconfiguring the parking tram load zones and security screening areas. This also includes guest flow around these areas as well as guest flow out into the parking areas. At the same time they are using this time to also remove the “Walk Around the World” stones that guests bought in the mid-1990’s. Both at TTC as well as MK entrance areas, etc.

hpyhnt 1000

No. They are reconfiguring the parking tram load zones and security screening areas. This also includes guest flow around these areas as well as guest flow out into the parking areas. At the same time they are using this time to also remove the “Walk Around the World” stones that guests bought in the mid-1990’s. Both at TTC as well as MK entrance areas, etc.

Somewhat ironic those get removed just as Disney (finally) moves ahead with a new pedestrian bridge between the GF and MK, literally bridging the most difficult gap in the original plan to have a walkway of bricks around Seven Seas Lagoon.

Monorail_Red_77

Somewhat ironic those get removed just as Disney (finally) moves ahead with a new pedestrian bridge between the GF and MK, literally bridging the most difficult gap in the original plan to have a walkway of bricks around Seven Seas Lagoon.
Yes I know right. Eventually all the walkway stones around the lagoon will be removed.

Fun Fact: Disney’s Vero Beach Resort also has these similar walkway stones but with Sea Turtles on them along with guest names. I wonder if it was part of a similar project there back in the 1990’s?

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Friday, July 19, 2019. At the Transportation & Ticket Center, the pavement between the covered bag check area (on the right) and the ticket kiosks (off to the left) are mostly gone. You might recall the water fountain in the photo between the two.

IMG_1629.JPG

IMG_1626.JPG

Remember all those engraved tile pavers in the pavement? Here they are....all in a pile....

IMG_1628.JPG

Last edited:

mm121

Photo update as of Friday, July 19, 2019. At the Transportation & Ticket Center, the pavement between the covered bag check area (on the right) and the ticket kiosks (off to the left) are mostly gone. You might recall the water fountain in the photo between the two.

View attachment 391496

View attachment 391497

Remember all those engraved tile pavers in the pavement? Here they are....all in a pile....

View attachment 391495
I thought those new sheltere were for tram loading

As I thought security was a bit further back under the previously existing canopy

If the new ones are for security then were is tram load and unload going to be,

Monorail_Red_77

I thought those new sheltere were for tram loading

As I thought security was a bit further back under the previously existing canopy

If the new ones are for security then were is tram load and unload going to be,
The shelters that used to be tram load/unload are now security screening. Then they pushed tram load/unload out into the tram lanes with no shelters for the past year or two. The other shelters you are thinking of are for the Ticket Booth queues.
D928EF33-27F0-4FC6-8DD4-232AAA8B0EA2.png

Monorail_Red_77

So the big question....will people be exiting the trams at the TTC with no shade/cover when it rains, because that's a PITA
I don’t think they will have shade. For past year or two, TTC has not had shade for the temporary tram load/unload. AK never had shade structure nor did DHS. New DHS doesn’t have it either. Epcot is lost theirs with this new refurb along with TTC. I hope they come back, they are not that hard to add after the fact. But given current Mgmt I don’t think we are getting them back.

No Name

Disney would never sell bricks with names on them today like they did then. That’s something my local baseball complex does. It did ironically help MK feel a little less corporate but I’m glad they’re gone.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom