News Improvements coming to the entrances of all four Walt Disney World theme parks

peter11435

A covered structure would be ideal for waiting for a tram to the parking lot during inclement weather. Not really hard.
True.

Although like I said I feel like there’s usually a tram waiting when I go to board during the day. Generally the tram waits until another tram arrives to depart so you’re rarely standing around waiting for a tram. Except at Epcot. In my experience anyway.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
True.

Although like I said I feel like there’s usually a tram waiting when I go to board during the day. Generally the tram waits until another tram arrives to depart so you’re rarely standing around waiting for a tram. Except at Epcot. In my experience anyway.
Supply can’t keep up with demand though when leaving around closing time. This is when guests are most likely to have to wait for two or more trams to load before boarding. I’ve seen several miserable experiences of the leaving mob stood in the rain in a cloud of their own steam.

peter11435

Supply can’t keep up with demand though when leaving around closing time. This is when guests are most likely to have to wait for two or more trams to load before boarding. I’ve seen several miserable experiences of the leaving mob stood in the rain in a cloud of their own steam.
True. I was thinking about the lack of sun at closing time. I didn’t really consider the potential for inclement weather.

mm121

I’m a little surprised they didn’t add a cover to the tram load/unload at HS. Wasn’t the point of all of this improvement to add shade and comfort? Other than that it looks great in person. I’m just surprised because aren’t they adding a shade structure to AK’s new tram load/unload?

I think part of the lack of shade structures outside of security other than the bus shelters (but at HS those are much further away) also could be tied to the security strategy as they really don't want people congregating in the area of the tram loading which is also probably why there are no benches in the newly opened area at HS.

Kman101

I think part of the lack of shade structures outside of security other than the bus shelters (but at HS those are much further away) also could be tied to the security strategy as they really don't want people congregating in the area of the tram loading which is also probably why there are no benches in the newly opened area at HS.

That's a good point. I'm sure they had their reasons. I guess I just expected there to be one, lol. But I imagine they don't want large swarms of guests congregating too much. And I guess if guests complain it's easy to fix down the road should they so choose. I disagree with Peter that it's not practical. It made sense to me and would visibly look better with a shade structure of some kind. Oh well, I don't make these decisions.

Kman101

Exactly, a shade structure isn't necessarily just for keeping out the sun ;) I felt it was a no brainer to add a shade structure but I guess it's deemed unimportant ;) Silly me, lol

MickeyMouse10

I love the shade structure idea, it could even have solar panels on top of them. In fact the whole parking lot could have solar panels like Legoland. Afterall hello, it is the Sunshine State. Hello.

TrainsOfDisney

There’s also a lack of trash cans outside of security now. It’s funny how when the parks were designed, shade, comfort, and convenience were all a major part in the design. Now we’ve lost a lot of that because of security and projection shows.

mm121

I love the shade structure idea, it could even have solar panels on top of them. In fact the whole parking lot could have solar panels like Legoland. Afterall hello, it is the Sunshine State. Hello.
That would be way better than destroying trees and wetlands to build solar like Disney has done with current solar projects

Legoland
AerialView.jpg

mm121

There’s also a lack of trash cans outside of security now. It’s funny how when the parks were designed, shade, comfort, and convenience were all a major part in the design. Now we’ve lost a lot of that because of security and projection shows.
I'm a bit surprised that the few cans that exist look to just be the standard design instead of a more specialized design like found in airports etc designed for containing the fallout of bad devices.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Shade for Disney resort guests who use the bus and Skyliner? Yes.

Shade for guests bussing in and out and not staying at a Disney resort? No. And you walk farther.

Shade for guests driving themselves and not using a Disney resort and Disney transportation? No. And count your blessings there's even a tram with roofs, because, we can take that away from you and increase the parking fee.

GlacierGlacier

Shade for Disney resort guests who use the bus and Skyliner? Yes.

Shade for guests bussing in and out and not staying at a Disney resort? No. And you walk farther.

Shade for guests driving themselves and not using a Disney resort and Disney transportation? No. And count your blessings there's even a tram with roofs, because, we can take that away from you and increase the parking fee.
Gee, it's almost as if they have a clear business desire to keep guests on-property in Disney resorts.

mm121

So crazy how they work on so many things at one time.

Especially with these entrance projects seems it would be quicker to go "all in" on them one at a time and get them done instead of having the front of EACH of the 4 PARKS torn up all at the same time. Really 5 entrances are torn up if we count IG

Patcheslee

So crazy how they work on so many things at one time.

Especially with these entrance projects seems it would be quicker to go "all in" on them one at a time and get them done instead of having the front of EACH of the 4 PARKS torn up all at the same time. Really 5 entrances are torn up if we count IG
I could see it being a bit disappointing to first timers to be "welcomed" with it at every entrance on vacation. It doesn't exactly leave the best impression when people expect to see the parks from preconstruction pictures. Honestly if I didn't know going down this trip to expect it there would be a point I would say "again?" I get it, many have intentions of only visiting once, some would want to go back to see things once they are done. But IMO Disney's attendance is high enough right now that they can absorb the visitors that choose to not return because Disney choose to have all the parks under entrance construction at the same time.

mm121

I could see it being a bit disappointing to first timers to be "welcomed" with it at every entrance on vacation. It doesn't exactly leave the best impression when people expect to see the parks from preconstruction pictures. Honestly if I didn't know going down this trip to expect it there would be a point I would say "again?" I get it, many have intentions of only visiting once, some would want to go back to see things once they are done. But IMO Disney's attendance is high enough right now that they can absorb the visitors that choose to not return because Disney choose to have all the parks under entrance construction at the same time.
I doubt the construction would prevent people from returning.

Was just thinking if the construction crews and budgets weren't being stretched 4 ways they'd be able to get each park done in a month or two max instead of these improvements dragging out for a year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom