News Improvements coming to the entrances of all four Walt Disney World theme parks

tissandtully

I don’t think they will have shade. For past year or two, TTC has not had shade for the temporary tram load/unload. AK never had shade structure nor did DHS. New DHS doesn’t have it either. Epcot is lost theirs with this new refurb along with TTC. I hope they come back, they are not that hard to add after the fact. But given current Mgmt I don’t think we are getting them back.
Yeah, I don't think shade is a concern at all for today's mgmt. Just look at the HM refurb that was done in the middle of summer.

ImperfectPixie

Yeah, I don't think shade is a concern at all for today's mgmt. Just look at the HM refurb that was done in the middle of summer.
Which really isn't very smart when you think about it...first we get stuck waiting in long lines because they refuse to add things that have high capacity, then they don't provide shade...that could lead to lots of sun/heat stroke.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Thursday, August 8, 2019. For a couple of weeks, two construction fences have surrounded the old bag check area shelters at the entrance to the Magic Kingdom. Two things are happening: the old bag check shelters are gone now, and the pavement (including all those engraved hexagons) is being removed.

IMG_1654.JPG

All those engraved bricks are just a pile of debris now.

IMG_1656.JPG

Over at Epcot, at the original tram entrance, the heavily re-enforced concrete wall has been poured now. The ditch outlined with orange fencing is a drainage pipe, partially covered in mud.

IMG_1668.JPG

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Monday, August 12, 2019. Not sure this has been posted. The new bag check area at the Hollywood Studios entrance is completed, and the new entrance plaza inside the security area is open now. It's a wide expanse of concrete with two circular planted areas (same size).

IMG_1682.JPG

IMG_1683.JPG

The photo op backdrop / billboard on the far hill is gone. Replaced with this smoking area. There are two exits from the security area, one at either end of the bag check building. This one (photo below) is a direct line to the ferry boats. The opposite side leads to the tram loading area.

IMG_1684.JPG

roj2323

anyone have an update on the Epcot work? I haven't been able to get over there in the last few weeks. Did they get the tram loop paved yet?

HansGruber

I know there is little to nothing they can do about it now, but I drove to MK for the first time in my life....that was a completely regrettable experience. Hauling my sleeping kid back to my car was rough.

Made me appreciate the monorail that much more.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom