News Improvements coming to the entrances of all four Walt Disney World theme parks

danlb_2000

Premium Member
So crazy how they work on so many things at one time.

Especially with these entrance projects seems it would be quicker to go "all in" on them one at a time and get them done instead of having the front of EACH of the 4 PARKS torn up all at the same time. Really 5 entrances are torn up if we count IG

They can only have so many people working on one of these types of projects at a time. You quickly get to the point where throwing more people at it wouldn't speed it up.

HoldenC

They can only have so many people working on one of these types of projects at a time. You quickly get to the point where throwing more people at it wouldn't speed it up.
And its not like Orlando has construction companies begging for work, either.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Friday, June 14, 2019. In front of the Epcot entrance and monorail station, this semi-circular ditch (with rebar at the bottom) is located in the tram route area. The parking lot extends towards the photo background. Possibilities: (1) new tram drop off / pick up area, or (2) foundation for new guest screening area?

IMG_1407.JPG

mm121

Photo update as of Friday, June 14, 2019. In front of the Epcot entrance and monorail station, this semi-circular ditch (with rebar at the bottom) is located in the tram route area. The parking lot extends towards the photo background. Possibilities: (1) new tram drop off / pick up area, or (2) foundation for new guest screening area?

View attachment 381339
Looks really similar to what they did with the tram at DHS.

Seems like maybe they are building a plaza between here and the bus lot to then build a security screening structure out away from doing it under the monorail station. To then be a able to have one security area for both the bus and tram.

Not fully sure what the existing setup is like.

Goofyernmost

Looks really similar to what they did with the tram at DHS.

Seems like maybe they are building a plaza between here and the bus lot to then build a security screening structure out away from doing it under the monorail station. To then be a able to have one security area for both the bus and tram.

Not fully sure what the existing setup is like.
As often as I have been there, I don't know either. I never used the trams, it was always close enough to just walk.

ToTBellHop

View attachment 381339
You realize how much forced perspective from the ground makes the Tree of Life look bigger when you see it from the monorail. Crazy that there’s a 3D theater under there.

ParksAndPixels

In the Parks
Yes
The pre-remodel entrance of EPCOT had the trams dropping off parallel to gates under the monorail station (similar to way TTC used to be). This road is the perpendicular approach road before the final turn.

Last edited:

Nubs70

Projects also have timelines, budgets, and time constrained steps. The project had many steps which are governed by a series of sub steps know as the critical path. Throwing more manhours on non critical path steps will only increase the project cost and not finish the project any sooner.

roj2323

View attachment 381339
Looks like the tram drop off for DHS to me as well. Pushing the tram drop off out also will eliminate walkers from crossing the tram lane while also giving them more room for security screening. To be honest though pushing the tram out to this point makes riding the tram kinda pointless

TimeTrip

Looks like the tram drop off for DHS to me as well. Pushing the tram drop off out also will eliminate walkers from crossing the tram lane while also giving them more room for security screening. To be honest though pushing the tram out to this point makes riding the tram kinda pointless
Really? It doesn't look like it's actually that much farther distance-wise to SSE. Clearly it's further east then it was before, but not much further north. The pic makes it hard to tell though.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Wednesday, July 3, 2019. In front of the Epcot entrance and monorail station, this semi-circular ditch is located in the tram route area. The extended rebar could mean a larger wall will be formed here. The parking lot extends towards the photo background.

IMG_1516.JPG

Update on the concrete apron in front of the Hollywood Studios entrance. The location of the former planting bed is now just concrete.

IMG_1512.JPG

IMG_1513.JPG

Update on the former tram load and unloading area at the Transportation and Ticket Center. Continued underground utility work.

IMG_1517.JPG

Monorail_Red_77

Here’s a boots on the ground pic series by me from last night as we walked to Poly. These are all I could take as our plans changed and didn’t end up taking Monorail like I hoped. Oh well, always next time.

Here’s a look through the tunnel. The walls are down on the left side now. You can see they fully eliminated the left side sidewalk and repaired some of the tramway as well. Some work still to do with the drain at the fenced off section.

070B4FB8-DB89-4F2D-AEFB-67DB3DF53F7E.jpeg

B797A121-5257-4BFB-B907-19D17D0AEE5A.jpeg

Over the fence view at old tram turn area at TTC
6A112D8E-16C5-454D-A74C-0D2F04E44680.jpeg

Looking back towards cast lounge area at TTC as viewed walking to the Poly.(over fence)
9C6A14C4-7FE9-486D-A426-F511E4DC78FC.jpeg

Another tunnel are View.
389CFBE4-78E7-4591-B68B-1614CD8E4DBB.jpeg

roj2323

I got the opportunity to visit MK a few days ago and walked through this construction. In short, I hope they make quick work of this TTC project as it's a real mess and not even remotely good show. This is of corse in addition to the abbreviated tram runs which kinda make taking them pointless.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom