News Improvements coming to the entrances of all four Walt Disney World theme parks

TrainsOfDisney

I can understand more between coasts, but I'm talking about Epcot vs MK for example.

I helped out ODF (Outdoor Foods) frequently with their register setups at the time. Epcot's had flashlights they could use when it's dark out and they have to see inside the freezers for ice cream, etc. MK had no such thing and were shocked when I told them that Epcot had them!

Oh gotcha! I thought you were referring to each coast, not each park in wdw. That is surprising actually. I would think all of ODV, parking, entrance, ticketing, and security would be pretty identical. But that does explain the major differences in security and entrance procedures from park to park.

JoeCamel

Oh gotcha! I thought you were referring to each coast, not each park in wdw. That is surprising actually. I would think all of ODV, parking, entrance, ticketing, and security would be pretty identical. But that does explain the major differences in security and entrance procedures from park to park.
Fiefdoms, quite common in Florida with the way county governments are run.

nicb88

Out of curiosity, on another site, it mentions that bus load zones are changing at MK due to construction on the Contemporary walkway. It says that load zones 27/28 will be for ‘Mouse House’ and I would like to know what on Earth that is, if anyone knows? Thanks! :)

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Thursday, January 9, 2020. Although it may be difficult to orient yourself in this photo....
This is the entrance to the Transportation and Ticket Center (TTC). The small building behind the trees in the background is the Lost and Found. On the right side of the photo is the tram / pedestrian tunnel from the Magic Kingdom parking lot. On the left side of the photo is the plaza leading to the security bag check area.
Why am I showing you this? In the center of the photo is the new curved wall separating the tram route on the right from the pedestrian area on the left, with a landscape area to be installed along the left side of the curved wall. Disney is consciously separating tram "turning" areas from pedestrian walkways.

IMG_2740.JPG

Last edited:

N2dru

I can't be the only person that was hoping Disney would give the MK entry turnstiles a Main Street/Victorian design on the roof similar to the nearby monorail station. They look a little bare with minimal theming with the flat roofs. Something similar to how DL entry turnstiles have roofs and match Main street in design. The same could be done in FL. Just a thought..anyone see what I'm suggesting?

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

MK work is VERY well done... except for ONE THING - the separate security screen for the Contemporary Walkway.

I honestly do not know if the MK has the physical space to get the MK side of that walkway onto the "insecure" side of the Bus Security area.
They really need to work on this. Anyone have any ideas as to how this could be done, given the (already congested) Bus turnaround?

peter11435

MK work is VERY well done... except for ONE THING - the separate security screen for the Contemporary Walkway.

I honestly do not know if the MK has the physical space to get the MK side of that walkway onto the "insecure" side of the Bus Security area.
They really need to work on this. Anyone have any ideas as to how this could be done, given the (already congested) Bus turnaround?
The contemporary walkway is receiving its own permanent security structure.

Creathir

Lighting is being upgraded in the TTC tram Tunnel. Pics taken 1/20/20

this pic has conduit going from old lighting connection points to new lighting on side wall.
View attachment 443617

this side on far left behind refurb walls you can see the old lighting that is mounted to the ceiling still.
View attachment 443618
This is a stupid thing to have an opinion on, but I think I prefer the lighting mounted on the ceiling vs in the corner of the ceiling and the wall.

It just seemed more finished that way?
I guess I’ll have to see the finished product to get the full picture.

Monorail_Red_77

This is a stupid thing to have an opinion on, but I think I prefer the lighting mounted on the ceiling vs in the corner of the ceiling and the wall.

It just seemed more finished that way?
I guess I’ll have to see the finished product to get the full picture.
Yea I’m not sure either. Another weird one is at the Ferry Queues at TTC. The old queue has the large fluorescent strip lights, likely converted to LED tubes inside. Then on the right side the new queue has the individual hanging lamps. One would think they would convert the older queue over like e new one. Like they have done at the security check stations at the old and new covered areas. I’ll have to get a pic of this next time. Maybe it’s on the list to be converted?
In the pic, I’m in the new queue with individual can lights. On the right of the pic you can see the old fluorescent strip lights in the older queue.
E740575F-E3F6-4752-9774-7F57537FD39A.jpeg

Last edited:

Creathir

Yea I’m not sure either. Another weird one is at the Ferry Queues at TTC. The old queue has the large fluorescent strip lights, likely converted to LED tubes inside. Then on the right side the new queue has the individual hanging lamps. One would think they would convert the older queue over like e new one. Like they have done at the security check stations at the old and new covered areas. I’ll have to get a pic of this next time. Maybe it’s on the list to be converted?
In the pic, I’m in the new queue with individual can lights. On the right of the pic you can see the old fluorescent strip lights in the older queue.
View attachment 443750
Yeah, perhaps it’s slated for refurbishment as well? The cans definitely appear more finished, so hopefully the strip lights will be modified in time?

Cans would be much more interesting in the tunnel as well, but I’m guessing it is solid concrete above for the roadway and is likely not able to be modified too much.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Wednesday, February 5, 2020. Construction update on the entrance plaza to the Magic Kingdom. One side of the first bus terminal is closed to permit construction on the east side of the entrance plaza. Based on the foundation work, this appears to be an extension to the newly constructed security / bag check area.

IMG_2783.JPG

The first bus terminal can be seen in the background. The view below is looking towards the Contemporary Resort.

IMG_2779.JPG

The walkway from the Contemporary Resort to the Magic Kingdom is confined to a narrow pathway through the construction area.

IMG_2782.JPG

Work on the new permanent security / bag check pavilion for the Contemporary Resort walkway is progressing. The design will match the bus terminals' design.

IMG_2781.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom