News Improvements coming to the entrances of all four Walt Disney World theme parks

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Disneyland's probably seems more efficient because their guests are mostly APs and just know the process. WDW is like going through airport security at Christmas...there are so many newbie travelers that it's a nightmare.
It’s hardly rocket science. Assuming you’re clearly told beforehand what you’ll be expected to do.

TrainsOfDisney

Disneyland's probably seems more efficient because their guests are mostly APs and just know the process. WDW is like going through airport security at Christmas...there are so many newbie travelers that it's a nightmare.

I’m an ap at both. At Disneyland I’ve always had the exact same experience. At Disney world, I was confused multiple times just this week. One park I was told not to line up for the metal detector unless I was told to, next park I was scolded for trying to go around the metal detector when no one told me to go through (I was following the previous parks orders), most parks I was told nothing and just joined the line at the detector.

Yesterday at studios was an excellent experience, things were explained very well. So it can work, but it’s extremely inconsistent.

halltd

It’s hardly rocket science. Assuming you’re clearly told beforehand what you’ll be expected to do.
You'd think. But, tell that to the girl in front of me at Pre Check at MCO the week of Christmas who showed an expired driver's license at the ID checkpoint (and they still let her through), then walked through the metal detector with her phone in her pocket, and then got her bag pulled for secondary inspection because she had a full bottle of water inside.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
You'd think. But, tell that to the girl in front of me at Pre Check at MCO the week of Christmas who showed an expired driver's license at the ID checkpoint (and they still let her through), then walked through the metal detector with her phone in her pocket, and then got her bag pulled for secondary inspection because she had a full bottle of water inside.
One born every minute. We got held in line at LAX with the person in front who was sent back FOUR times to put something else in the XRay. He then tried to walk through the arch carrying a laptop.

Texas84

TSA agents can allow expired ID up to 12 months. They don't have to but they can.

Hank Hill

TSA agents can allow expired ID up to 12 months. They don't have to but they can.
They can also let someone without an ID through as well. My wallet fell out getting out of a cab at the airport onetime. While trying to get hold of the driver, I talked to TSA. They can let you through.... IF they choose to. Luckily we got the driver to come back with my wallet and it all worked out.

Rich Brownn

They can also let someone without an ID through as well. My wallet fell out getting out of a cab at the airport onetime. While trying to get hold of the driver, I talked to TSA. They can let you through.... IF they choose to. Luckily we got the driver to come back with my wallet and it all worked out.
Meanwhile, Universal which not only requires stuff in a bin but actually X-ray's them, somehow seems to go faster and smoother than Disney.

roj2323

Do we think all these new entrances will be done within the next 6 months?
no. Magic Kingdom has a long ways to go particularly at TTC. I'm also not sure of what the final plan is for DAK but it looks to be pretty complicated and they are taking their sweet time. Also keep in mind that we will be coming into the rainy season in a month or two which also slows things down.

rudyjr13

no. Magic Kingdom has a long ways to go particularly at TTC. I'm also not sure of what the final plan is for DAK but it looks to be pretty complicated and they are taking their sweet time. Also keep in mind that we will be coming into the rainy season in a month or two which also slows things down.

Well the one side of Epcot’s entrance took from 8/6-12/20 which included removing the monoliths. 4.5 months. I’d expect the other side that’s behind walls and already had its monoliths removed to take less time. So at least Epcot is in good shape for the 6 month question above.

MK seems to be moving along well too. Some walls came down a few weeks ago and the new bus bag check opened. The resort dock has some work yet. Even TTC seems to be nearing completion from what I’ve seen online.

“Ropes are still draped in front of the bag check area, but we can see the permanent tables are in place and ready for guests. Back in November, the other side of the security screening area opened for guests, and it looks like the next section will open very soon”

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I’m an ap at both. At Disneyland I’ve always had the exact same experience. At Disney world, I was confused multiple times just this week. One park I was told not to line up for the metal detector unless I was told to, next park I was scolded for trying to go around the metal detector when no one told me to go through (I was following the previous parks orders), most parks I was told nothing and just joined the line at the detector.

Yesterday at studios was an excellent experience, things were explained very well. So it can work, but it’s extremely inconsistent.

After working at the parks (a decade ago, to be clear) this really doesn't surprise me. You may be surprised how different each park is run. It seems often they don't have any communication path on how the processes should be done overall. I'm not talking about security specifically but other departments I worked with as a contractor, then as a CM

TrainsOfDisney

After working at the parks (a decade ago, to be clear) this really doesn't surprise me. You may be surprised how different each park is run. It seems often they don't have any communication path on how the processes should be done overall. I'm not talking about security specifically but other departments I worked with as a contractor, then as a CM

Oh for sure. In California Main Street ops regularly instruct you to go under the ropes, in Florida you are regularly scolded for doing so.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Oh for sure. In California Main Street ops regularly instruct you to go under the ropes, in Florida you are regularly scolded for doing so.

I can understand more between coasts, but I'm talking about Epcot vs MK for example.

I helped out ODF (Outdoor Foods) frequently with their register setups at the time. Epcot's had flashlights they could use when it's dark out and they have to see inside the freezers for ice cream, etc. MK had no such thing and were shocked when I told them that Epcot had them!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom