News Improvements coming to the entrances of all four Walt Disney World theme parks

ImperfectPixie

I love Bio's photos but I wish he'd stop speculating on some things. I thought they were moving the Mickey topiary where the rounded area is by the water (basically moving it "down" and not in the middle of a walking path)? It makes no sense to free up space then move the topiary to where security is now ... LOL
That's what I thought, too.

TrainsOfDisney

It also doesn’t make sense to put a topiary right outside security where people would gather for photos / etc.

Once that space is free, it will look really big and empty without something like a topiary in the center. It would be really cool to add some water features to that topiary if they plan on keeping it long term.

mm121

I love Bio's photos but I wish he'd stop speculating on some things. I thought they were moving the Mickey topiary where the rounded area is by the water (basically moving it "down" and not in the middle of a walking path)? It makes no sense to free up space then move the topiary to where security is now ... LOL
Not sure why they didn't move it over to the big sea of concrete over by the new tram area. Seems they could of fit it in without interrupting the security lines.

But the FBI part of me says they didn't do that as they wouldn't want someone to try to hide something bad in it.

mm121

I’d rather have the Earful Tower come back outside the entrance of DHS. Makes no sense why they removed it other than to preserve TSL’s sightline. Always thought it was an iconic structure to market the park with and still hate that it’s gone.
Yea would look cool outside the park especially with the new Mickey ride coming.

Maybe in the trees over close to the boat dock. Would have been a good spot.

I know many weren't a fan of it but i wouldn't have minded them finding a new spot outside the front for the sorcerer's hat.

Kman101

Yea would look cool outside the park especially with the new Mickey ride coming.

Maybe in the trees over close to the boat dock. Would have been a good spot.

I know many weren't a fan of it but i wouldn't have minded them finding a new spot outside the front for the sorcerer's hat.

I wouldn't have minded the hat in any other location than where they put it, LOL. I liked it, actually, just not in front of the theater.

Lensman

I’d rather have the Earful Tower come back outside the entrance of DHS. Makes no sense why they removed it other than to preserve TSL’s sightline. Always thought it was an iconic structure to market the park with and still hate that it’s gone.
Though I agree that it is iconic in the sense that it was the park's icon, what was the rationale for its existence as an icon? I'm ignorant of its origins and history, even though I remember it.

Please don't hate me. I'm getting enough hate from other posts of mine today. Lol

mm121

I wouldn't have minded the hat in any other location than where they put it, LOL. I liked it, actually, just not in front of the theater.
It was ok by the theater as a TEMPORARY installation, it just outlived it's time when it became a permanent fixture.

Even a smaller version of the water tower would be cool.

Or put a hat on the restrooms on the old building that they left in place by the new tram stop just outside security.

TrainsOfDisney

Though I agree that it is iconic in the sense that it was the park's icon, what was the rationale for its existence as an icon? I'm ignorant of its origins and history, even though I remember it.

Please don't hate me. I'm getting enough hate from other posts of mine today. Lol

It was a nod to the water towers that were standard at the classic Hollywood studios. Disney Studios has one, but it doesn’t have ears on it.

halltd

Well if you notice, where you thought it was going was wrong, too. They dug that whole area up and poured new concrete as seen in his aerials. So, maybe he’s right?

Rider

Anyone have a link to the post? Tried using search but couldn't find it.

Kinda wish each entrance had it's own thread.

Only entrance we haven't heard much about yet is Animal Kingdom.

Kinda interesting how their going all out redoing entrances now for the 50th and Star Wars Land, but dont think they really made many changes entrance wise to AK for Pandora

Kman101

Well if you notice, where you thought it was going was wrong, too. They dug that whole area up and poured new concrete as seen in his aerials. So, maybe he’s right?

I was basing it off of what I was told and what I heard. Maybe he is ;) But it still makes no sense to move it where security is now. And he's been wrong before in his speculation, it's not a big deal ;)

Kman101

Why would it make no sense?

Because it's in direct way of guests walking. Wouldn't the idea be to free up space? That's why it doesn't make sense. Does it make sense to you to move it further into guests path when I thought the plan was to move it out of the way? Unless it's way off to the side where security is ... but smack in the middle? I don't get it. Maybe you can explain better why it makes sense ;) and where exactly it's moving to so I can understand better. Because I'm clearly confused ... lol

peter11435

Because it's in direct way of guests walking. Wouldn't the idea be to free up space? That's why it doesn't make sense. Does it make sense to you to move it further into guests path when I thought the plan was to move it out of the way? Unless it's way off to the side where security is ... but smack in the middle? I don't get it. Maybe you can explain better why it makes sense ;) and where exactly it's moving to so I can understand better. Because I'm clearly confused ... lol
It obviously needs to be moved from its current location to free up space for the new security structure. Once that happens I don’t see a problem with it being in the area between security and the ticket booths. We certainly don’t want that area to simply be a vast expanse of concrete. Even the current security checkpoint has a planter (smaller) immediately after. Animal kingdom has several.

mm121

Thanks.

Hadn't seen the existing temporary tent before, was thinking it was a bit more west closer to the entrance.

Looks like this is going here.
SmartSelect_20190506-175655_Maps.jpg

halltd

It obviously needs to be moved from its current location to free up space for the new security structure. Once that happens I don’t see a problem with it being in the area between security and the ticket booths. We certainly don’t want that area to simply be a vast expanse of concrete. Even the current security checkpoint has a planter (smaller) immediately after. Animal kingdom has several.
Exactly. You need the wide open pavement for queueing before security. But, after security, guests are thinned out and move through the space less congested. So, there’s room to break up the pavement and include foliage....hopefully. The amount of unshaded pavement I’m seeing in the new entrance is a bit scary.

Kman101

But does it make sense to have a large planter in the middle of a walkway right after the new security area? Small planters are one thing. But I guess I'm just not realizing the amount of space :/ lol. If you think it's fine then I guess it will be. I just truly thought they were moving it to a different spot. Oh well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom