News Impressions de France only available for limited time in the mornings

Cmdr_Crimson

For Americans who can't read 24 hour clocks:

View attachment 703075
Oooh, 1 hour and 45 minutes more...
shocked-gif-futurama.gif

SplashJacket

Glad to see they actually listened.

It wouldn’t really make sense for them not to listen.

They likely don’t really give two hoots about either show, so randomly getting 50 emails asking for a certain way should actually produce change. Glad to see the input worked.

Obviously, I’d rather have Impressions there all day, but an extra 7 shows in the evening is significant

SteamboatJoe

Impressions is an absolute classic but it's also absolutely dated. I can't imagine it's that hard or expensive to put together some digital footage shot in the 21st century and set it to the current soundtrack. I can understand wanting to rotate attractions in that space but the sing-along ain't it and Impressions should definitely be running in the mornings and evenings when people with younger children are typically busy doing other things.

Last edited:

Raxel7851

I love Impressions de France, but we are lying to ourselves thinking it is popular with the general public. At most there are 20 people watching at any time.

World Showcase needs additional family oriented attractions to take away some of the demand for Remy/Frozen.
And the “Singalong” does that? Wouldn’t you rather have kids learn real world happenings from IDF than from a singalong?

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I can’t believe anyone thinks if Walt owned Frozen, he would have opted to make Maelstrom instead. It was made out of necessity because there was nothing else.
I think there is a deeper meaning to this statement... Not so much a "Walt would hate a Frozen ride" but more of a "Walt would hate that imagineers are no longer able/capable of creating original stories, attractions, and characters specifically for the parks.

Walt had a balance... There was Peter Pan, Snow White, and Pinocchio... But there was also Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Country Bears, and Tiki Room in development as well..

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I'd find this rather amusing if they simply just made a typo on their website, and they look at this forum and they're like "uh... yea guys!.... We uh.. we're LISTENING... THAT'S what we are doing..." lol

JohnD

Impressions is an absolute classic but it's also absolutely dated. I can't imagine it's that hard or expensive to put together some digital footage shot in the 21st century and set it to the current soundtrack. I can understand wanting to rotate attractions in that space but the sing-along ain't it and Impressions should definitely be eunning in the mornings and evenings when people with younger children are typically busy doing other things.
I agree. Love the show and especially the soundtrack. But the footage is decidedly 80s. I'd be all for a comparable show with the same scenes but recorded recently. Keep the soundtrack.

the.dreamfinder

It was a fan base that didn’t know the internet or CGI.

They couldn’t get hit over the head with Ratatouille, Frozen, or BATB because they hadn’t been made yet.

I can’t believe anyone thinks if Walt owned Frozen, he would have opted to make Maelstrom instead. It was made out of necessity because there was nothing else.
He’d have given it a proper attraction with commensurate capacity like OLC is doing with their Frozen E-Ticket at Fantasy Dpeings.

Tony the Tigger

I think there is a deeper meaning to this statement... Not so much a "Walt would hate a Frozen ride" but more of a "Walt would hate that imagineers are no longer able/capable of creating original stories, attractions, and characters specifically for the parks.

Walt had a balance... There was Peter Pan, Snow White, and Pinocchio... But there was also Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Country Bears, and Tiki Room in development as well..
Let’s not pretend he was trying to balance between IP and non-IP. If he owned more IP, they would have been in there.

SteamboatJoe

I agree. Love the show and especially the soundtrack. But the footage is decidedly 80s. I'd be all for a comparable show with the same scenes but recorded recently. Keep the soundtrack.
Reminds me of being a kid in school and watching educational videos in class that were clearly made a generation (or more) prior. The facts and content were still good and valid but the context was borderline distracting.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Next project: Update the film with fresh 4K footage. Keep a lot of what's there location-wise, just update things. Maybe even throw in a brief shot of DLP if it would get the expenditure for new footage and projectors approved. (I know it's not as easy/simple as that, work with me here)

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Let’s not pretend he was trying to balance between IP and non-IP. If he owned more IP, they would have been in there.
Walt didn't need to continually tie movie IP into rides once the 60's arrived, the success of the park (and the admittedly many movie-based rides that were originally built) and animated movies allowed him to branch out into things like Pirates, Jungle Cruise, etc. Not that he wouldn't have done some movie rides, but the ride and concept would have needed to make sense.

Let's not pretend that something like Maelstrom-into-Frozen would have been a thing to Walt if that movie was available. People with limited vision/imagination/creativity made that decision. A new ride with a fun, new story based after the events of the original movie would not have been difficult to make happen, but TPTB chose the cheap and/or easy way out, like they have for the past 20+ years.

Anywho, this is way off-track for this particular thread, not that I don't enjoy a good discussion. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom