Imagineering Weekends : One Sentence Competition Season 2

Disney Dad 3000

Thank you so much! Glad you liked it, means a lot to me.:)

My 4 year goes through spells where we'll show him a disney film he hasnt seen, or not watched in awhile and then he wants to watch it every day when I pick him up. So I can honestly say I've watched this 10-11 times in the last few weeks. The skeleton movie he calls it.
I know a lot of disney fans don't like it, but I think it's a great film even if it's "undisney". Superb music.

Daveeeeed

My 4 year goes through spells where we'll show him a disney film he hasnt seen, or not watched in awhile and then he wants to watch it every day when I pick him up. So I can honestly say I've watched this 10-11 times in the last few weeks. The skeleton movie he calls it.
I know a lot of disney fans don't like it, but I think it's a great film even if it's "undisney". Superb music.
I agree. Personally I think it's one of Disney's best films. Beauty and the beast, and Pirates 1 are my top two but nightmare easily makes top 10 for me.

It's good that you let him watch it, I know some people that won't let their kids watch it until they're older.

Brer Robbie

Citizens of Hollywood: Open Audition
Expanding on the beloved cast of the Citizens of Hollywood, a custom theater will be built behind the Once Upon a Time store extending and redecorating the alley between the store and planet hollywood to create an entrance to a casting agency's audition for a new blockbuster film. Once inside the theatre, guests will be be seated similar to monster's laugh floor with the first rows reserved for actors such as directors and producers. The show will consist of actors "auditioning" in classic Citizens of Hollywood comedic style and audience participation in a large number of ways. The show will conclude with the director assigning roles to the film judging by performances and other factors.

FigmentPigments

Casting%20Call_1439395761413_93544_ver1.0.JPG

In 1998, MGM Studios had its plethora of shows featuring three musicals, a stunt show, a sound effects show, a nighttime spectacular, and even two new shows rumored to premiere in 1999 (Doug Live! And Bear in the Big Blue House), but one thing is missing from this park of movies, music and television…actors, and that is what Backstage Pass: Casting Call will remedy, utilizing a mix of improv and murder mystery dinner theatre (without the dinner) to bring a more interactive element to Disney shows.

Located where Backstage Pass Featuring 101 Dalmatians is on the map, guests will enter under the marquee and make their way through the queue past casting call advertisements, posters of three upcoming productions, and props to one of three rooms which can all operate consecutively during high volume days or operate singularly when traffic is low or another room needs refurbishment, and with each room offering a different theme (late 1930s crime drama, fantasy, and mystery, all with humorous twists), there is ample opportunity to return and try out a different production.

While waiting in line, a cast member will ask for volunteers for speaking roles and will be given a script with their speaking lines, but don’t worry if you aren’t comfortable speaking in front of others, you have the opportunity to be pulled on stage to improv a scene or make sound effects as directed.

Each performance will use (depending on the theme) creature AAs, a small cast of Disney performers, full room special effects, and costumes to add to the audience’s total experience, and to those special people who participated (volunteer actors, people pulled on stage and sound effect operators) they will receive a contract (certificate) with their name on it to take home along with a button that if worn around the park will cause instant recognition from other cast members who may want autographs.

Casting Call will be a perfect show in MGM Studios, not only for its unique format, but also for the ease on which performances can change; new scripts can replace old, worn out ones, and even holiday versions such as Halloween, Christmas, New Years, and others can be added seasonally to keep it fresh and keep guests coming back to enjoy the spotlight.

Daveeeeed

Casting%20Call_1439395761413_93544_ver1.0.JPG

In 1998, MGM Studios had its plethora of shows featuring three musicals, a stunt show, a sound effects show, a nighttime spectacular, and even two new shows rumored to premiere in 1999 (Doug Live! And Bear in the Big Blue House), but one thing is missing from this park of movies, music and television…actors, and that is what Backstage Pass: Casting Call will remedy, utilizing a mix of improv and murder mystery dinner theatre (without the dinner) to bring a more interactive element to Disney shows.

Located where Backstage Pass Featuring 101 Dalmatians is on the map, guests will enter under the marquee and make their way through the queue past casting call advertisements, posters of three upcoming productions, and props to one of three rooms which can all operate consecutively during high volume days or operate singularly when traffic is low or another room needs refurbishment, and with each room offering a different theme (late 1930s crime drama, fantasy, and mystery, all with humorous twists), there is ample opportunity to return and try out a different production.

While waiting in line, a cast member will ask for volunteers for speaking roles and will be given a script with their speaking lines, but don’t worry if you aren’t comfortable speaking in front of others, you have the opportunity to be pulled on stage to improv a scene or make sound effects as directed.

Each performance will use (depending on the theme) creature AAs, a small cast of Disney performers, full room special effects, and costumes to add to the audience’s total experience, and to those special people who participated (volunteer actors, people pulled on stage and sound effect operators) they will receive a contract (certificate) with their name on it to take home along with a button that if worn around the park will cause instant recognition from other cast members who may want autographs.

Casting Call will be a perfect show in MGM Studios, not only for its unique format, but also for the ease on which performances can change; new scripts can replace old, worn out ones, and even holiday versions such as Halloween, Christmas, New Years, and others can be added seasonally to keep it fresh and keep guests coming back to enjoy the spotlight.
Love this idea!!!!!!

Magic Feather

The Hollywood Players Present: Just Another Day in Hollywood
image.jpeg

This new production featuring live improv comedy, large stunts, and fun for the whole family can be found in the newly christened Hollywood Theater, at the site of the former "Soundstage Restaurant" which can be accessed through a new Art Deco façade next to the Brown Derby's entrance, so that it is still a part of the Hollywood section of the park.
In this mid-size theater with a thrust stage and a nice paper backdrop themed to a flower meadow (akin to those used as background for princesses while they met at town square theater), the production begins as a small improv show put on by local comedy troupe, The Hollywood Players, before a small lightbulb changes throws the show into a frenzy.
Chaos ensues a Hollywood Stage Restoration Crew goes attempting to fix a lightbulb, but instead, a ladder incident sends one of their own to fly down a safety wire and through the paper backdrop, as this small comedy show transforms into a larger show.
Shortly afterwards, the a paper backdrop falls revealing a inter working of stages and catwalks which set the stage for a police chase, more stunts, more danger, and best of all, more laughs!
Audience participation also plays a key role in this comedy extravaganza, as audience members (some of which are actors in disguise) will be asked to help performers, trigger effects, select improv topics, and much more in order to help the show move along and make each experience a unique one.
The new "The Hollywood Players Present: Another Day in Hollywood" is sure to please all audiences young and old, by providing a new comedy based show at Disney's MGM Studios.

spacemt354

Chili's
Toy Story - Live!

Toy_Story.jpg

Andy has recently been to the circus, and inspired he puts on a show for an audience of his newest toys - you! Unfortunately as the show is about to start he is called down, but never fear the show must go on! Woody, Buzz and all their friends are here to entertain! Now watch as Buzz flies through the sky, Woody and Bo Peep sing and dance, Hamm and Potato Head have an improvised comedy duel, and so many more acts that will leave you laughing for twenty-five minutes!

Flash Forward 2000, after the sucess of Toy Story 2 new acts were added, those being: Jessie's Yodeling Concert and Wheezie now sings Friend In Me as guests leave the theater.

Flash Forward 2014, Toy Story - Live! closes and is replaced by For the First Time in Forever : A Frozen Sing-a-long; the show we now have in that location.​
Woop Woop!

What an improvement from the smallest country on earth and construction walls - this one was good! And fit the time period as well. I'm a huge Toy Story fan - so something about this just seems to click through and through.

And it was so realistic with the Frozen ending! Almost too realistic:cautious: Great job!

spacemt354

Chili's
Celebrate Fantasia
View attachment 161567
Using the newly opened Hollywood Hill amphitheater. Fantasia live shows the segments of Fantasia right in front of you performed by live actors and a live orchestra. The fantasmic water screens are used to a lesser extent. The only segment left out of the show is bald mountain do to it being in fantasmic.
I really like this idea! Mostly because I find Fantasmic to be a bit, underwhelming. This feels like it could be a full scale World of Color way before its time!

Great job!

spacemt354

Chili's
coolcabana

Cool-at-the-Cabanas

It’s time to inject a little spice along Sunset Boulevard in the form of a Latin beat and, in the process, transform an uninspiring fast food area into a not-to-be-missed musical happening. We’ll start by re-arranging the food kiosks in a semi-circle facing Sunset, then behind them set up an array of colorful cabanas under which guests may sit and enjoy their food while their attention is drawn to a stage just west of the cabanas where a quartet (keyboard, drums, guitar, brass) performs Latin music styles (e.g. reggae, salsa, merengue) and favorites from Selena, Shakira, Enrique Iglesias and Ricky Martin. The band will do a 25 minute set at the top of each hour, starting from Noon until the first Fantasmic show (similar to musicians in the German Biergarten). The show will have an outdoor nightclub feel, with its name a takeoff on the famed Copacabana, and periodically three guests will be pulled out of the audience to compete for the “biggest applause” after singing a few bars of that song made popular by Barry Manilow. Rounding out the fun, the young at heart can dance in front of the stage, while pre-selected guests are given the chance to sing their favorite Latin tune “Karaoke” style accompanied by the musicians.
One of the most unique options of the bunch!

This was very thoughtful and I like the location and choice as a whole. This would disperse the crowds at the end of Sunset Boulevard, but at the same time it might bring more people to the area as well. I can't take away from Barry Manilow and the karaoke style that you're going for here. It's something that's very innovative and a nice touch for MGM Studios. Nice work!

tcool123

Original Poster
Woop Woop!

What an improvement from the smallest country on earth and construction walls - this one was good! And fit the time period as well. I'm a huge Toy Story fan - so something about this just seems to click through and through.

And it was so realistic with the Frozen ending! Almost too realistic:cautious: Great job!
Um what are trying to say, is Sealand not realistic? :bored:
Oh and congrats @tcool123 for being the first to submit!:p:D
I was waiting for my Physics Text Book to Ope, so I had plenty of time :D
Mostly because I find Fantasmic to be a bit, underwhelming
giphy.gif

spacemt354

Chili's
Come see the musical adventure that will "Stand Out" above all others: "A Goofy Musical" inspired by one of the most underrated classics of all time "A Goofy Movie."
View attachment 161234

Crowds will love watching Goofy and his son Max bond over this wacky road trip and learning that life is best when you can see "Eye to Eye." Taking place in the Premiere Theatre, this musical comedy show will feature hit songs from the movie like "After Today", "Stand Out", and "On the Open Road." As the show comes to a culmination, guests will find themselves transported into a Powerline Concert Venue showcasing "Eye to Eye" that is sure to energize even the most tired of guests. Here is a clip of the show:

Oh heck yes!!

Ah....this is going to be a nostalgia kick. But you know what, it fits for the time period really well. As a 90s kid myself, this is what I would want to go see, so great job capturing the time period!

That's really all I can say...other than it might fall into the category of Doug Live where it fades out after a few years, but for the time this show would be there (probably 1998-2002) it'd be a smash hit!

spacemt354

Chili's
---The NIGHTMARE
-------Before CHRISTMAS

Next to The Rock n' Rollercoaster is Moonlight Theater. This 1,600 seat indoor theater will have shows of The Nightmare Before Christmas throughout the day -- each 35-minute show will have state of the art special effects and a massive set piece that spins with every scene change to change the location, but the incredible part is when Jack walks down a hill that actually curls down like the film. Once you enter you will transition from the land to Halloween Town with heavy theming -- the theater on the inside is themed that a new theater opened in Halloween town, and will show the story of Jack Skellington all the while the exterior will continue the Record Studio vibe of The Rock n’ Roller coaster, a new restaurant, and turn this area of Sunset Boulevard into a new land called East End (songs featured are Jack’s Lament, among other songs from the movie, and a one new song). This rendition of the wonderful movie will have a new arrangement of the movie’s score throughout the line and attraction, and will feature a 5-minute pre show, to disperse crowds entering the theater, and to bring you to Jack Skellington's world.

(at 2:22 that little Sax segment would be the basis for the music in the line, pre show, and in the few minutes before the show starts)

tumblr_mzinlv0VQV1syqfkjo1_.gif

That's the review.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom