Imagineering Weekends : One Sentence Competition Season 2

Daveeeeed

View attachment 177112

The Discovery River Theater falls dark as a magnificent blowing of a conch shell is heard, leading our eyes to a circular float with a conch blowing shaman aboard, who stops at the center to welcome us to a celebration of elements coming together, by bringing forth two magical barges of nature, and four carrying shamans of the elements.

A sitar is heard as a barge with a green sail summons the earth, resulting in projected vines to grow across the tree backgrounds, and a set of wood to rise from the magical barges, followed by a barge with blue sail, as its shaman plays the violin, summoning in water, by making vertical fountains rise out of the magical barges, as well as the main shamans barge.

View attachment 177113

Soon, a barge with a red sail and drum shamans come forth with gifts of fire and light, as it is channeled coloring the water with mystifying images, before a barge with a silver sail comes forth with a fife to fog the river, as well as using the power of "wind" to allow the fountains to swirl into beautiful formations.

All of a sudden, lights, lasers, and fountains pour out of all barges as the ultimate celebration of nature comes to life with stunning light and water effects, resulting in an awe inspiring conclusion, leading into the main shaman's barge rising with a magnificent tower of fire, and water.

Quickly, the fog retreats along with the barges as the music slowly fades to the toll of a bell, as if nothing ever happened.

For the holidays, the initial earth vines will add holly.
Ahh, this is a very cool story. Has a flow to it well! I could picture it flowing from beginning to end. Using mainly ships seems to work out very well, and I think could possibly be made in real life! Subtle Christmas overlay may get some minor joyful laughs :D Great job overall, especially with the flow!

Daveeeeed

Prompt 8 - Animals, and lots of em'
~Moana's Polynesian Sea Adventure Show~
moana+poster.jpg

Moana's Polynesian Sea Adventure is an extension of Australia, which will be turned into a full land later -- characters of the film will sing songs from the Moana soundtrack and will also debut a Giant-sized blinged out singing animatronic crab.

The show will feature beautiful, bio-luminescent water that glows, moves and forms unique shapes and will be filled with beautiful boats that don gorgeous full blown sails and a giant floating centerpiece mountain will serve as the backdrop. The story will chronicle Moana's journey on the seas -- as she sings and interacts with the waters -- there will also be winds and lightning bolts from above to re-enact the storms she encounters. The skies will light up with thousands of bright, sparkling stars that will transform into signs to serve as a guide for Moana.

Props for using COLOR:D. Actually, it's very effective. Ips can either be a retelling or a new story within, and I think by choosing to craft something new, like you did, about many of her journies was a wise decision. Great job on integrating an ip into a full blown show, I think this would work for the ages!

Daveeeeed

Disney's Princesses Present: A CELEBRATION OF SEASONS
seasons-change_3231387594e251eb.jpg

The show would be centered around a tree in the middle of the lake, whose leaves reflect the seasons.

The Winter Movement would feature a Frozen-over lake, which would be created by lifting up a large stage, and actors from Frozen would dance on the lake while the iconic songs played, and artificial snow is sprayed on the audience.

The Spring Movement would feature the iconic scene "Festival of Lights" from Tangled, and would be accomplished primarily using drones.

The Summer Movement would be based on Monoa, and would feature the "How Far I'll Go Scene."

The Fall Movement would be based off of Pocahontas, and would feature the "Colors of the Wind" Scene.

For my holiday overlay, the movement which starts the show will be based off the season that it currently is.
The creative direction I see :D. Well done, the integration of ips may not necessarily be needed for this as I think it would be phenomenal on its own, but for the sake of keeping it 5 sentences and under I think it was very appropriate. You know the more I think about it, the more I wonder why they don't have something like this at Animal Kingdom! This was a great idea for not only a show, but for anything!

Daveeeeed

Beginnings

Standing on the hill overlooking the Tree of Life (near the park entrance) and down to the tree itself, guests can enjoy a new nighttime spectacular featuring projection mapping on the Tree of Life and its surrounding areas, fountains stationed in the Discovery River, special lighting effects, score music from Moana (shown below) and Suite of Dreams (minutes 16:25 - 17:45) will be re-titled into the show's signature song "Where Life Begins", and illuminated animal stilt walkers and kites mixed in, all to follow along one little ant as he finds himself at the start of something big.

As the Tree of Life and the surrounding areas fall dark and silent, we see a tiny seed fall from above, gently glowing as it lands, illuminating a single ant who looks on curiously before grabbing the seed and scurrying away; we follow his as he exits a tunnel into a brightly lit grassland.

We see the sun and moon pass by many times as the ant evades the stomping of bison and deer hooves, evades playful monkeys and exotic birds, rides the river waters on top of a small twig amidst a plethora of brightly colored fish and alligators, balances precariously on a single leaf as he is washed ashore by the splash of a giant whale, and is nearly carried off by a giant owl, all the while clutching his seed, but it’s as he is climbing a tree that the sound of chainsaws rings out and all around the ant, trees are falling until the tree he is clinging to starts to topple causing the ant to lose his grip on the seed and both tumble into darkness.

Next we see the ant, he is battered and desperately searches for the seed among the wreckage of the forest destruction and is visibly relieved when he finds the seed; he hurries along and comes to a barren patch of land where nothing has grown, and as he plants the seed into the soil, he lets out a tiny series of chirps (almost as if he is making a wish) and suddenly, the seed starts to sprout, rising higher and growing bigger as the music swells.
flamingo-stilts.jpg
The now towering tree brings a rush of water and (along the edge of the crowd) groups of illuminated animal stilt walkers in varying animal types make their way to the tree, the fountains start to dance and each one shows different types of animals flocking to the tree (snakes, reptiles, insects, etc.), while in the river several floats shaped like whales, dolphins, and other aquatic creatures glide around the base, and the bird kites twirl overhead; as they all gather under the tree, they each disappear from view and reappear as a carving on the tree, gradually becoming the Tree of Life and before the area goes dark again, we see the highlighted, carved image of the tiny ant who struggled to bring life to barren patch of soil.
Hidden-Magic-Ant-web.jpg

For the autumn holiday, a scene will be switched out where the ant falls from the owl’s grasp and instead of landing in a bed of wildflowers, he falls through a canopy of red/orange leaves before landing in a large pile of them, and we see the ant poke his head out of the top of pile before continuing on his path.

For the winter holiday, the ant will track through snow, leaving a tiny trail of footprints while snow falls overhead from the tree and other nearby buildings onto the audience.

Not exactly the most grammatical sentences, but a very strong story :D. I think you have succesfully created a show that will have the staying power for decades. I also like how you used the Tree of Life; for Rivers of Life I think its biggest miss was not using that or Everest. I cannot say for everyone, but I think after watching his I will never view ants the same way again:p.

Last edited:

Daveeeeed

Exploration: an "Up" adventure (I'm not good at titles lol)

Russel, Carl Fredrickson, and Doug (from Pixar's "Up") are on an adventure trying to visit Paradise Falls again, but navigating their new boat is difficult and they keep getting lost and ending up in different places.
Each scene involves their boat finding a new land full of animals (each land is really just a large floating stage that comes out on the lake where Rivers of Light is).
First Africa, then Asia, then someplace strange (full of mythical creatures), and finally an action-packed climax in South America where Muntz is trying to kidnap and sell the local animals (including Kevin!)!
Along the way, Russell teaches the grumpy Mr. Fredrickson to live and laugh with The animals because they're explorer's and an explorer is a friend to all!
wilderness2.jpg

The show would be a lot like Fantasmic mixing fountains, videos, lights, puppets, and live/costumed actors together with an unforgettable score (based on the score from the movie) to delight and enchant all who see it!
4242394528_c88d147c04_z.jpg
An adventure ip for an adventure/animal-themed park! Something about that logo I think would fit the park like Pandora's ACE. And like Pandora it seems like an ip that is not an ip; as in, it could be its own story in the park. Also the music is wonderful so props for including it! I liked what you did keep it up!

Last edited:

Daveeeeed

Prompt 8 - Season 2: Episode 4 - Results

Wow, wonderful work everyone! Sorry that I failed with the reviews this round.

In case you wondered, my 3 major points for judging are:
- Is it creative?
- Is it relevant?
- Is it realistic?

Now onto the rankings!!!

Honorable Mention
IMG_4458.JPG

@Pionmycake

Bronze Medal...
bronze_medal.png

@Magic Feather

DOUBLE Silver Medal ...
94e277b35b521e8bfef0d840a52aceab.png

@kmbmw777

Gold Medal...
gold_medal.png

@FigmentPigments

#MickeyAwardRound8
vintage-disney-mickey-mouse-gold-movie-award-japan-7-statue-figure-figurine_142079733228-jpg.173154

Well, Primpt 9 is already posted!

Daveeeeed

Prompt 9 - A mini-land for a mini-park
n018348_2050jan01_studio-park-entrance_900x360.jpg

Walt Disney Studios is quite frankly the worst Disney park in the world, but its fantastic attractions (albeit few of them) are the park's saving grace. As armchair-Imagineers, it is your job to create a new mini-land in the area of The Rock n' Rollercoaster. You MUST include the Rock n' Rollercoaster in some way, either by a retheme or something along those lines that will allow it to be a part of the new mini-land.

MAP: http://www.disneylandparis.co.uk/attractions/map/

Your pitch can be about anything, but here are some guidelines:

1 - It has to be a cohesive new theme (Ex. Frontierland or Toy Story Playland).
3 - It must connect to the Rock n' Rollercoaster, and be in that area of the park.
3 - It will help if you can theme it to a holiday overlay -- it may give you an edge!

Like last round, you can include 1-5 sentences in your description of the ride, two additional sentences for the holiday overlay and you can include up to 2 images. If you have a question? Feel free to ask!

You have until 7:00pm EST Sunday, December 4th.
Lille-0194-266098722.jpg

Thank you, and good luck fellow Imagineers!

Last edited:

FigmentPigments

Prompt 9 - A mini-land for a mini-park
n018348_2050jan01_studio-park-entrance_900x360.jpg

Walt Disney Studios is quite frankly the worst Disney park in the world, but its fantastic attractions (albeit few of them) are the park's saving grace. As armchair-Imagineers, it is your job to create a new mini-land in the area of The Rock n' Rollercoaster. You MUST include the Rock n' Rollercoaster in some way, either by a retheme or something along those lines that will allow it to be a part of the new mini-land.

MAP: http://www.disneylandparis.co.uk/attractions/map/

Your pitch can be about anything, but here are some guidelines:

1 - It has to be a cohesive new theme (Ex. Frontierland or Toy Story Playland).
3 - It must connect to the Rock n' Rollercoaster, and be in that area of the park.
3 - It will help if you can theme it to a holiday overlay -- it may give you an edge!

Like last round, you can include 1-5 sentences in your description of the ride, two additional sentences for the holiday overlay and you can include up to 2 images. If you have a question? Feel free to ask!

You have until 7:00pm EST Saturday, December 3rd.
latest

Thank you, and good luck fellow Imagineers!
I apologize but can I request a 24 hour delay? I had a rush of real life issues.

The Excavator

The Incredibles Mini-Land
3847548-3282600894-Incre.jpg

The Incredibles will be a mini-land inside of Walt Disney Studios Paris that will include a retheme of Rock n Roller Coaster. The roller coaster will be as you follow Dash on a mission to save the world from Syndrome and his evil plots on Metroville. The outside of the area will be themed to the city and include popular areas of interest from the film. In the holiday season, there will be a Christmas storytime with Mr. Incredible dressed as Santa Claus.

spacemt354

Chili's
Avengers Base
zDEcCtx.jpg

With the expansion of the Marvel Cinematic Universe and WDSP being allowed to use all of the Marvel Library - Disney and Marvel will team up to design a world class land in the back of WDSP.

Among the attractions will be:

Avengers: Infinity War - replacing Rock i Roller Coaster - you fly around with your host Captain Marvel and Iron Man as you prowl through the galaxy in search for Thanos and the Infinity Gauntlet.

Captain America Roller Coaster - an addition to the area and a clone of the rumored roller coaster coming to DCA.

Guardians of the Galaxy 3D - a Toy Story Midway Mania type ride where you join Star-Lord and the gang on several missions throughout the galaxy, where you rack up points the more you shoot at the targets.

The Expo - a dining location purchased by Tony Stark which will bring fine dining to WDSP as a result.

Finally, for the holidays, Stark Tech will develop snow and festive cheer to the area, in particular the Expo area.​

Daveeeeed

The Incredibles Mini-Land
3847548-3282600894-Incre.jpg

The Incredibles will be a mini-land inside of Walt Disney Studios Paris that will include a retheme of Rock n Roller Coaster. The roller coaster will be as you follow Dash on a mission to save the world from Syndrome and his evil plots on Metroville. The outside of the area will be themed to the city and include popular areas of interest from the film. In the holiday season, there will be a Christmas storytime with Mr. Incredible dressed as Santa Claus.
Make sure not to include capes:cautious:
giphy.gif

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Méliès Lane
-The Backlot Area of the park (around Rock and Rollercoaster) will be transformed into Melies Lane, a celeberation of classic black & White cinema where everything is made to look like sets from Black & White movies (including a gray scale color scheme).

-The Rock and Rollercoaster will be rethemed as "The Modern Times Adventure," a fast paced coaster through the "modern" factory from the classic Charlie Chaplin film, Modern Times.

Corbis-F11069.jpg

-The Armageddon Stunt show will be replaced with the "Buster Keaton's Stunt spectacular," a show where actors and actresses recreate some of the most famous and impressive stunts and slapstick acts performed by Buster Keaton and other stars of classic cinema live before your very eyes!

-Lights Motor Action will be replaced by two attractions: "A Trip to the Moon," an omnimover dark ride themed to the incredibly famous silent French sci-fi film of the same name, and "Plane Crazy," a kid coaster themed to the very first Mickey Mouse Short ever made of the same name.

a_trip_to_the_moon_vintage_retro_french_cinema_poster-r7bcc9cb2a1a44b29933bf0f9f5be0e61_zjk8u_8byvr_324.jpg
-The Backlot Express quick service restaurant will be replaced with "Cinema Cafe," where guests can eat in a theater playing classic black & White films (both live action and animated) of the silent and early sound eras, sometimes with live musicians playing the music to accompany the silent films.

-For the various holidays, season appropriate films will be shown in the Cinema Cafe and there will be a rotating meet and great with classic cinema characters themed to the season (ex. Nosferatu during Halloween).

-On New Year's Eve, Oswald the Lucky Rabbit (portrayed as a Great Gatsby type rich celebrity) hosts a huge, classy, exciting party (think pg version of the party from Great Gatsby) showing off how 1920s Hollywood knew how to party!

FigmentPigments

Méliès Lane
-The Backlot Area of the park (around Rock and Rollercoaster) will be transformed into Melies Lane, a celeberation of classic black & White cinema where everything is made to look like sets from Black & White movies (including a gray scale color scheme).

-The Rock and Rollercoaster will be rethemed as "The Modern Times Adventure," a fast paced coaster through the "modern" factory from the classic Charlie Chaplin film, Modern Times.

Corbis-F11069.jpg

-The Armageddon Stunt show will be replaced with the "Buster Keaton's Stunt spectacular," a show where actors and actresses recreate some of the most famous and impressive stunts and slapstick acts performed by Buster Keaton and other stars of classic cinema live before your very eyes!

-Lights Motor Action will be replaced by two attractions: "A Trip to the Moon," an omnimover dark ride themed to the incredibly famous silent French sci-fi film of the same name, and "Plane Crazy," a kid coaster themed to the very first Mickey Mouse Short ever made of the same name.

a_trip_to_the_moon_vintage_retro_french_cinema_poster-r7bcc9cb2a1a44b29933bf0f9f5be0e61_zjk8u_8byvr_324.jpg
-The Backlot Express quick service restaurant will be replaced with "Cinema Cafe," where guests can eat in a theater playing classic black & White films (both live action and animated) of the silent and early sound eras, sometimes with live musicians playing the music to accompany the silent films.

-For the various holidays, season appropriate films will be shown in the Cinema Cafe and there will be a rotating meet and great with classic cinema characters themed to the season (ex. Nosferatu during Halloween).

-On New Year's Eve, Oswald the Lucky Rabbit (portrayed as a Great Gatsby type rich celebrity) hosts a huge, classy, exciting party (think pg version of the party from Great Gatsby) showing off how 1920s Hollywood knew how to party!
Wow! This is really impressive; definitely a winner. :eek:

Daveeeeed

Méliès Lane

Corbis-F11069.jpg

Have you been to the park? This seems to have nailed the problems.:)

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Wow! This is really impressive; definitely a winner. :eek:
Lol thanks, I love silent/early sound films. So I had some fun with it. And with finals week starting, I had plenty of time to develop it while I procrastinated haha.

Everyone so far has been great as always, and I'm sure yours is going to be incredibly impressive as always!

FigmentPigments

Lol thanks, I love silent/early sound films. So I had some fun with it. And with finals week starting, I had plenty of time to develop it while I procrastinated haha.

Everyone so far has been great as always, and I'm sure yours is going to be incredibly impressive as always!
It obviously shows! :) The detail and the different films used shows more than a passing fancy.

I don't know about my idea anymore. :hilarious:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom