Imagineering Weekends : One Sentence Competition Season 2

Daveeeeed

Prompt 4 - Season 2: Episode 4 - Results

Super tough decisions guys, you all did great!!! So many of you were so so close.

In case you wondered, my 3 major points for judging are:
- Is it realistic?
- Is it creative?
- Is it relevant?

Now on to the rankings!!!

honorable-mention-ribbon-1020-1-25-jpg.173155

@Kmbw777 for "Attack on the Sanctum"
I feel like Fantasyland could benefit from different styles. The biggest thing holding it back was the location in the land, but it was not in your control. Nice work!
Bronze Medal...
bronze_medal.png

@FigmentPigments for "The Journey to the Crystal Grotto "
Unfortunately due to the multiple pictures you had to be docked some points from your could-be ranking, but still even with that you did a great job! Well done.

Silver Medal ...
94e277b35b521e8bfef0d840a52aceab.png

Goes to @SplashZander for "Expedition : Huns Retaliation"
I like how you created this into a bigger ride. it was very effective.
Gold Medal...
gold_medal.png

Goes to @Pionmycake for "The Princess's Story"
Using originally, with a story driven ride is what propelled this one to first. Well done!

#MickeyAwardRound4
vintage-disney-mickey-mouse-gold-movie-award-japan-7-statue-figure-figurine_142079733228-jpg.173154

I again apologize for delaying the results so much. Prompt 5 will be released momentarily, and will not be reviewed this late:oops::D.

Daveeeeed

Daveeeeed

Prompt 5 - A Haunted Land With Happy Haunts
The wait is over... Prompt 5.

When hinges creak in doorless chambers, and strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls. Whenever candlelights flicker where the air is deathly still. That is the time when ghosts are present, practicing their terror with ghoulish delight!
STG700018.jpg

Welcome, foolish mortals to Prompt 5! Tokyo Disneyland is easily one of the best parks in the world! From the unique World Bazaar to the park's style. One area that has been lacking, like The Magic Kingdom, is Fantasyland. To counter, The Oriental Land Company is creating their own "New Fantasyland," but now, they decided that their plans weren't good enough, and they wanted more as the Haunted Mansion is in Fantasyland there. As armchair-Imagineers, it is up to you how you will dream up a new mini-land to be the new place of the Haunted Mansion in Toyko Disneyland. Your "elevator pitch" will be to create the Mini-land's name, minor-Backstory, and either a show, a ride, or some other unique experience. There's no turning back now.

MAP: http://www.tokyodisneyresort.jp/en/tdr/about/pdf/EN_TDL_map.pdf

Your pitch can be about anything that could possibly fit as a dedicated land for The Haunted Mansion, but here are some guidelines:

1 - The land will stretch from Critter Country to It's A Small World.
2 - It will help if the original concept could be themed to a holiday overlay in the future - not a requirement...but it would give you an edge!
3 - The Haunted Mansion must remain, untouched! The spirits cannot be relocated.

Like last round, you can include 1-5 sentences in your description of the ride, two additional sentences for the holiday overlay and you can include up to 2 images. If you have a question? Feel free to ask!

You have until 8:30pm EST Thursday, November 17th.

Thank you and good luck fellow Imagineers!
tdlfantbig.jpg~original

michmousefan

Grim Grinning Gardens
http://goo.gl/images/wrGvoI

This newly enhanced mini-land surrounding the Haunted Mansion will include three new attractions: A walk-through "garden of ghostly delights," more like a hedge maze than your typical garden, but rich with waterfalls, caves, tunnels, interactive tombstones and clues to the story behind the Mansion itself, a special meet & greet with Jack Skellington and Sally, and a new spin-whip ride (similar to Mater's Junkyard Jamboree) called "Zoom Buggies." For Halloween, the garden path will offer special treats and lighting at night, then during the holiday season, the gardens will come alive with nightly "snow," and you might just see a live snowman around a corner in the gardens, so watch out!

spacemt354

Chili's
The Graveyard

latest

As an expansion of the Haunted Mansion area in Tokyo Disneyland - there will be a walk through experience in an expanded Haunted Mansion graveyard to the right of the attraction. In the walk through, you'll get an added spook and adventure as you essentially walk through the graveyard scene in the Haunted Mansion. You see Master Gracy's arboretum, which contains many old and died out plants from long ago. You can sit next to a grotto or other small canopies and enjoy a unique view in the park.

For Halloween, the area is decked out in decorations to celebrate the season.​

kmbmw777

The Shadowlands
66d0e59490043310b45bfddf9c7d70dc.jpg

This new mini-land features a terrifying backstory in which a beautiful kingdom in medieval England suddenly vanished, and was replaced by this dark castle. All of the citizens of this castle. however, were found dead inside the dungeon, and a mysterious being called the Necromancer has been luring new victims in every day to add to his undead army growing inside the castle. The Haunted Mansion has been heavily updated to become The Haunted Castle during daytime hours, with incredible animatronics, beautifully dark scenes, and a new ride system (trackless). Ride the Mansion at night (9 pm onwards) and have a more terrifying experience, such as having cast members in heavy makeup jump into your "Doom Carriages." This new mini land also features a new table-service restaurant, which is set in a cemetery, replacing the Alice in Wonderland buffet, called "Dead Man's Feast."

scary_dungeon_by_craig_stiff.jpg

For the month of Halloween, the dungeon of the castle opens for a scary walk through event.

Siren

Aw, why thank you I'm so humbled by that.:oops:

And haha good for David! Glad you're gonna post one - can't wait to see!:D
Hi @spacemt354! Awww, that's so sweet of you to say. Now, I'm humbled, too. LOL.

I would like to give a warm welcome to @Siren & @invadersam to the competition!!!
Hi @David2319! Thank you for such a warm welcome! I love this thread so much! LOL.

You did an exceptional job with the assignment for this week -- it's so challenging. This theme is just way too dark for me to dabble with. I'll just have to think of something else -- like a pretty mansion or something. LOL.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom