Imagineering Weekends : One Sentence Competition Season 2

Brer Robbie

Cave of the Golden Temple

Discovered by rogue skippers of the Jungle Navigation Company, Cave of the Golden Temple will take those who are brave enough into the depths of the earth to discover the mythical Golden Temple. Squeezed between the edge of the Jungle Cruise (the cave entrance will be visible from the ride like Indiana Jones is presently at disneyland) and the future Pirates of the Caribbean building, the vast cave entrance will ominously welcome guests down to the network of railways set up by the Navigation Company. Using an advanced people mover system that can handle quick drops, hills, turns, and changes in speed, guests enter their mine carts and are sent racing through the caves facing strange creatures, avoiding lava streams, and encountering spirits of the Golden Temple. The ride will culminate with the arrival at the Golden Temple where guests will exit their carts and can explore a series of interactive "chambers" throughout then exit through a excavation site near the ride entrance.

kmbmw777

I'd like to join in that's alright and I'll reuse an old original idea from The House Cup Competition Mini-Challenges.

Fire Mountain

Viracocha.jpg

Fire Mountain
will be an intense E-ticket roller coaster in which guests, after trying to help evacuate members of a fictional South American community inside the caverns of the volcano, have to wiz deeper into the caverns in order to escape the volcano due to a collapse in the main exit. Guests will encounter fictional beasts based on Incan deities, who will terrorize them throughout the ride. The ride will include (fake) lava flowing next to the car, in order to “heat up” the track. This attraction would be located behind the Pirates of the Caribbean attraction. The attraction will invoke interest in Native American culture, while also bringing teens back to Adventureland.

Daveeeeed

Shadow Mountain

Set your path on a mysterious journey, a terrifying expedition to find out why people go up but not down from the mountain. Some skippers from The Jungle Navigation Co. wanted revenge on the company for forcing them to live in small quarters, so they wanted to harness the supernatural forces that stole the lives from many & cast it upon the company. To get there they used the old minecarts(roller coaster)to get to the top of the mountain. What they encounter are creepy dolls, voodoo, and witches. The exterior will be that of a 100 foot mountain, and through stunning show scenes, a fast escape coaster part, and the dark magic of the mountain, this is sure to make for an incredible attraction!

spacemt354

Chili's
Kilimanjaro Mountain

The first of Disney's "mountain" range in Florida, this attraction will be situated next to the jungle cruise in the plot previously destined to be Pirates of the Caribbean. This attraction will take guests through the sprawling vistas of Africa, before trekking into the mountain itself and face mysterious mythical creatures of African territories who live deep within the mountain. An earlier version of Expedition Everest, however in dark ride form, and a big cousin to the Matterhorn, this will be a boat ride through Africa, encountering the adventures that are within.

spacemt354

Chili's
I'd like to join in that's alright and I'll reuse an old original idea from The House Cup Competition Mini-Challenges.

Fire Mountain

Viracocha.jpg

Fire Mountain
will be an intense E-ticket roller coaster in which guests, after trying to help evacuate members of a fictional South American community inside the caverns of the volcano, have to wiz deeper into the caverns in order to escape the volcano due to a collapse in the main exit. Guests will encounter fictional beasts based on Incan deities, who will terrorize them throughout the ride. The ride will include (fake) lava flowing next to the car, in order to “heat up” the track. This attraction would be located behind the Pirates of the Caribbean attraction. The attraction will invoke interest in Native American culture, while also bringing teens back to Adventureland.
Shadow Mountain

Set your path on a mysterious journey, a terrifying expedition to find out why people go up but not down from the mountain. Some skippers from The Jungle Navigation Co. wanted revenge on the company for forcing them to live in small quarters, so they wanted to harness the supernatural forces that stole the lives from many & cast it upon the company. To get there they used the old minecarts(roller coaster)to get to the top of the mountain. What they encounter are creepy dolls, voodoo, and witches. The exterior will be that of a 100 foot mountain, and through stunning show scenes, a fast escape coaster part, and the dark magic of the mountain, this is sure to make for an incredible attraction!
Kilimanjaro Mountain

The first of Disney's "mountain" range in Florida, this attraction will be situated next to the jungle cruise in the plot previously destined to be Pirates of the Caribbean. This attraction will take guests through the sprawling vistas of Africa, before trekking into the mountain itself and face mysterious mythical creatures of African territories who live deep within the mountain. An earlier version of Expedition Everest, however in dark ride form, and a big cousin to the Matterhorn, this will be a boat ride through Africa, encountering the adventures that are within.
Mountains ftw!:p:D

spacemt354

Chili's
Let the reviews - Begin!:D
"Tracking Mowgli" in Walt Disney World's Adventureland is not only a worthy cousin of Disneyland's "Pirates of the Caribbean" ride, but a tribute to the late Walt Disney and his last hands-on animated production, "The Jungle Book." Oriented from the perspective of Bagheera the panther, guests board an ever-moving two-person vehicle that looks like it was made of giant jungle leaves to traverse the lush landscape. As Bagheera follows Mowgli's journey from artfully detailed animatronic scene to scene - finding him in a basket, taking him to the wolf family, alternately accompanying and tracking him through the jungle as he meets up with Kaa, Baloo, and King Louie, the vehicle swivels to lean into each scene. Occasionally, guests will see tiger eyes in the darkness, and hear low growling in the speakers built into their vehicles. Featuring brilliant hits "The Bare Necessities" and "I Want To Be Like You" in the longer Baloo and Louie scenes, respectively, the ride culminates with a confrontation with the tiger Shere Khan including spectacular pyrotechnic effects, and ends by saying goodbye to Mowgli as the man-cub follows a girl into the man-village.

Hitting the nostalgia there with it being the final film that Walt Disney himself worked on...so that alone is worth noting. Having said that, this feels like it fits in the jungle aesthetic of Adventureland, and the way the attraction is set up, it feels like it could have been another "Pirates" where it's a classic dark ride type setting! Definitely solid - and kudos for being the first one to post!

If I had to give one slight nitpick, it would be that, like Pirates, to have it be an original tale, rather than IP (which then ended up being turned into a movie, and then reincarnated in the ride:p)

But anyway - great job!:)

spacemt354

Chili's
Davy Crockett’s Wild Frontier

In this attraction, at the crossroads of Frontierland and Adventureland, guests climb into buckboard-style vehicles for a dark ride exploring the wild frontier of Davy Crockett featuring audio-animatronic likenesses of Fess Parker as Crockett and Buddy Ebsen as his friend, George Russell. Accompanied by the music of The Ballad of Davy Crockett, experience the tale of America’s most famous frontiersman, as we travel past his Tennessee birthplace to the scene of a young Davy confronting a b’ar (bear) when “he was only three.” Explore his frontier days featuring buffalo herds, confronting pirates masquerading as Indians, dramatic keel boat races, and in a scene rivaling the Hall of Presidents, witness Davy’s time in Congress. The climactic scene leads us to the Alamo, where Crockett takes his last stand, and we exit the ride past a giant Texas flag to a gift shop where we can continue our adventure with the purchase of a coonskin cap.
I love how this acts as a transition between the two lands - I think this would be very cool if implemented properly. I'll say the same thing as I did with Tony that, not like it has to be, but I was hoping for something akin to Pirates that was non IP based, but that doesn't discredit how I think this would work perfectly in the area.

I'm almost surprised this didn't happen in the parks...especially with Tom Sawyer Island and such, I'd figure this was right around the corner - great work!:D

spacemt354

Chili's
The Legend of the Thunderbird:

A new adventure awaits visitors to the Magic Kingdom in Frontierland, near its Adventureland border, at the all new "The Legend of the Thunderbird". Guests will forego the warnings given by the many natives, as they go along with a crew to observe the mystical thunderbird. Guests will board exploration rafts and travel down the Colorado River past Native Encampments, Research Bases, Canyons, and plunge down three waterfalls, one straight into the Thunderbird's lair. A multitude of animatronics, one of which is quite impressive, and a multitude of pyrotechnic and water-based effects await guests at this one-of-a-kind E-Ticket Attraction.
Dang, cool idea! Almost reminding me of Western River Expedition a bit - and in a good way. It would fit well in Frontierland, and the raft expedition would match the Pirates style attraction...that's why WRE was created in the first place, to be WDW's Pirates.

Very impressed with this one! Nice idea!

spacemt354

Chili's
Journey to the Center of the Earth

With 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea in Fantasyland on opening day, Walt Disney World opened up its second Jules Verne inspired attraction, Journey to the Center of the Earth. This slow moving dark ride will be vastly different from the DisneySEA attraction, in that it is a boat ride through the earth's core, to the center, staying true to the novel as well. Several of the animatronics will be larger than life, and some of the largest ever created in 1972. The attraction will be placed where Pirates of the Caribbean is today, and will have a 120 foot tall volcano as its icon, which can be seen from certain areas of the park and also the Seven Seas Lagoon.
Interesting route you went here. When I first read it, I was like, the one from DisneySEA? Then I kept reading and was intrigued. It's one of my favorite novels, and with that said, I know I mentioned that the ideas themselves are most important, for this one I actually think another line of detail regarding what was in the attraction could have helped. Because there are so many landscapes in the novel, such as the lightning striking the rafts, dinosaurs, etc, that I wondered how in-depth you were going when you said it would stay true to the novel. Overall, an idea that's very neat - so neat I'd like to know more:bookworm::)

spacemt354

Chili's
Mysteries of the Amazon
Enjoy an amazing expedition on the longest river in the world as you journey deep into the Amazon rainforest, further than explorers have ever traveled. Your boat passes through dark spooky caverns, you'll witness spectacularly beautiful vistas as well as heart-pounding encounters with exotic creatures large and small. The trip concludes with a thrilling dive over Iguazu Falls before you make it back to camp. Most of the ride will be inside, but a couple of segments, including the finale, will travel outside, offering memorable viewing as visitors make their way through Adventureland.
I think this attraction would be perfect for Adventureland....if Jungle Cruise wasn't already there. The ride itself is a fantastic idea, however it feels very similar to Jungle Cruise (and that's a compliment in one respect) but in another it's so close that I feel having two similar attractions in Adventureland like that would saturate the area.

Again, nothing wrong with the idea at all (I really like it:)) but probably something a little less similar to JC would make it great!:bookworm:

spacemt354

Chili's
Tall Tales of the Frontier

Join the pioneers as you leave the safety of civilization to journey to the untamed west in search of new lands to settle. The path is fraught with hardships, but along the way you will meet some of the greatest American folk heroes who, through their courage and hard work, not only blazed the trail for you, but entertained a whole generation with their exploits. As you ride along in your wagon train, you will meet Johnny Appleseed planting his apple trees that seem to grow faster than than he can plant them, Pecos Bill riding a twister like a bucking bronco while Calamity Jane looks on, John Henry pounding away at the railroad spikes faster than any man - or machine, and in the distance, Paul Bunyan and Babe, his blue ox, leveling a whole forest in one mighty swing. As you reach your journey's end, don't forget to look back at those bigger than life folk heroes as they wave good bye and wish you luck out there on the frontier. Can't get enough tall tales; then head over to Pecos Bill's Tall Tale Inn & Cafe for more outlandish stories and good grub!
This like OvertheHorizon's idea - is something that I think is a great transition piece into Adventureland - because it keeps the sense of adventure, but in a frontier setting. Gosh...no wonder Hufflepuff was so good in the House Cup:hilarious: Anyway I digress.

My only question would be what type of attaction this would be, meaning would it be a boat ride, dark ride, walking? That would be my only question but I like the inclusion of all these stories blended into one attraction...much like Jungle Cruise does, blending rivers of the world together into one seamless attraction. Great work!:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom