Imagineering Weekends : One Sentence Competition Season 2

spacemt354

Chili's
I agree that's the best way to go. It may have been a fluke that we were all ready to go this time. I know there are times I don't check the board for a couple of days.

I would say this, though - if every single contestant submits ahead of the deadline, feel free to call it early and review early - assuming everyone agrees with that. Then start the clock/set the date for the next round to start.
Sounds good - and looks like Angels and Fox just posted - so that should be everyone!

Reviews will come out soon! And sounds good - since it's in, I'll still keep the due date a few days out for the next project. If everyone submits early again, then we take it from there and go with the flow:cool:
Nice job!

So...is tcool123 still doing the judging? Or did you do that just for fun and not an official entry? Or are you going to judge yourself LOL ;)
Haha @David2319 told me I should submit one too

This was just for fun! I'm still going to judge (just not my own):hilarious:

spacemt354

Chili's
Here be the reviews: Everyone will get their own!:)
Disney’s Magical Faire Resort

For kids young and old, “dream the wish your heart makes” at Disney’s Magical Faire Resort. Beneath sparkling fairy tale turrets, it feels like spending the night at Cinderella’s Castle—and who wouldn’t enjoy staying in their own castle? Deluxe accommodations are themed from your favorite Disney movies, like Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Sleeping Beauty, Alice in Wonderland, and Lady and the Tramp, while in the lobby, Tinker Bell enchantingly appears each hour sprinkling pixie dust. Best of all, this newest resort is a short monorail ride from all the fun of the Magic Kingdom.
Kudos for being the first to submit!

I think this would work really well, especially as Disney World is just starting out - it'd be an excellent place and theme for families to take their kids! Just out of curiousity, I'm wondering where in the Magic Kingdom resort area this would be. It's on the monorail, but for my own visual cue where were you thinking it'd be placed.

Overall, two thumbs up and a great start

spacemt354

Chili's
The ever-imaginative Walt Disney Company is getting ahead of the curve on a budding trend in America - bringing the family pet along with the rest of the gang on vacation! Whether you are bringing Fido in the car or taking Fluffy on Amtrak, both your two and four-legged little ones will love the economically-priced Disney Feet & Paws Resort, located just up the road from Disney's Polynesian Resort.

Designed with linoleum flooring and sound-proof walls - plus those famous Disney details like built-in scratch pads, and beds with a solid base (so little travelers can't hide under there when it's time to go - even pets don't want to leave Walt Disney World) and a gift shop with pet food, toys and treats, one building is themed based on the 101 Dalmations animated film (currently celebrating its 10 year anniversary) and the other building is themed to the recently released and very successful Aristocats.

While the upright members of the family are off to the parks, you can leave your pets safely in Disney's on-site kennels and even sign them up for walks, baths, and playtime with other pets, led by qualified trainers and loving pet-sitters. Pick them up on your way back to your room, and feel right at home as you rest easy with your entire clan intact.
:bookworm: Now this was the most unique route taken...heck even I wasn't even considering this as an option.

But it's a very neat one. And helps a lot for people who travel and have pets! The theme is nice, economic prices are also a good thing, and overall an out-of the box first project - well done!

spacemt354

Chili's
Disney's Art Nouveau Resort and Spa

Nestled across the street from the Contemporary on the shores of seven seas lagoon, the glass towers of Disney's Art Nouveau Resort welcome visitors to a luxury resort that offers a boat service and a very short walking path to the Magic Kingdom. These three towers inspired by the Art Nouveau architecture are tall enough to be an icon but just short enough to not block the view of the contemporary. A luxury restaurant rivaling Victoria and Albert's, a quick serivice eatery, four gift stores, two rooftop pools, a concierge lounge, a lagoon side Waterpark complex and lastly a unique animatronic dinner show experience can all be found at this new resort. The new luxury resort is sure to attract high-end guests, and fill a much needed hotel gap at the current three Walt Disney world resorts.
79a.gif

Hmm. yesh...quite high-end indeed.

I love the style of this resort - it feels very classy and sophisticated. My one suggestion would probably be a different location,

I went and took a snapshot..if it's across the street from the contemporary, that would mean it's by the bus stop, and I think it may need more space, especially with the stuff in the resort. I might put it to the right of the Contemporary, or even in a different resort location, because the buildings feel too city like, with the contemporary (another tall structure) next door.

Overall though, a very inventive idea! And great first project.

spacemt354

Chili's
Disney's Bayou Shallows Resort & Villas

Designed to showcase the Louisiana Bayou, it will boast over 500 rooms, and 40 villas.

It will feature a lazy river, a mega slide, a wave pool, an indoor/outdoor 300-seat fine dining seafood restaurant, a casual sit-down restaurant, a Captain Cook's style quick-serve, plenty of parking, 5 different types of shops in the lobby building, a monorail station in the 3-story lobby building, 24-hour room service, concierge rooms, a DVC Lounge, 3 kids clubs similar to the cruises except themed to the Bayou, bus-service, watercraft-service, wooden shack looking buildings/villas touching a shallow body of water, and the wave pool/lazy river.

To set the tone, shimmering lanterns will hang from building to building, and bridges over the shallow body of water/pool/lazy-river will allow you to walk from building/villa to building/villa - plus to the boat & dock (the rental boats will be themed to this resort).

It will be located in the empty land between the TTC & the Contemporary Resort, but due to how dense the resort's land will be with swamp looking trees, you will not be able to see the Contemporary or the ttc pretty much anywhere.

It will be considered a Super-Deluxe Resort, and be among Disney's best resorts on the planet - prices start at $400, and the resort will feature its own original score.
Oh snap

Talk about a super deluxe! I like the location, I like the theme (as it reminds me of the Blue Bayou in PoTC in Disneyland) It's so good that it may even be ahead of it's time!:eek: It has DVC stuff!

This is 1971 and the first DVC resort opened in 1991 (Old Key West)

Well we are changing the timeline I guess with these projects haha - but kudos for blowing the timeline wide open:D:p It's an ambitious first project, maybe slightly unrealistic, but hey...great effort.

Daveeeeed

Oh snap

Talk about a super deluxe! I like the location, I like the theme (as it reminds me of the Blue Bayou in PoTC in Disneyland) It's so good that it may even be ahead of it's time!:eek: It has DVC stuff!

This is 1971 and the first DVC resort opened in 1991 (Old Key West)

Well we are changing the timeline I guess with these projects haha - but kudos for blowing the timeline wide open:D:p It's an ambitious first project, maybe slightly unrealistic, but hey...great effort.
I meant that it would be that way today, not originally. Should've worded it better sorry, and thanks!

spacemt354

Chili's
Disney's Exploration Lodge
Residing on Discovery Island, Disney's Exploration Lodge has long been exclusive to the world's best explorers until now. Guests will exit World Drive and cross a bridge to access an island between the Contemporary and Wilderness lodge where they will park, enter The Hall of Explorers, and once checked in will catch a boat to Discovery Island to enter the lodge. Themed to the gothic styles prominent in ivy league schools such as Yale and Harvard, three five-story brick buildings would be filled with artifacts from different regions such as Africa, and Asia, which would all be on exhibition on the first floors. Amenities will include boat rentals, a ride in a seaplane themed to the one in Raiders of the Lost Ark, an infinity pool overlooking bay lake, two lounges, and a restaurant similar to Narcoossee's. Exploration Lodge would rank as a deluxe, with rooms ranging from studios to topping out at two bedroom suites on club level.
Brer Robbie - first ever imagineering project! Congrats on that!

Honored to be the first reviewer...and honored to say...I loved this! It's almost like an introduction to the Society of Explorers and Adventurers, before it even was created.

I like the location on Discovery Island too -- that's a unique choice.

Not too much else to say about it - I thought that everything was rock solid for a first project!:)

spacemt354

Chili's
Disney's It's a Small World Resort
Based of the popular attraction you can stay in rooms themed to your favorite countries and be surrounded by Mary Blair art work.
This is a really nice idea - especially since in 1971 - Mary Blair did a lot for WDW (Contemporary and Small World) I'm sure @MonorailRed would love this resort :joyfull:

One thing is I would like to know where it is located, just so I can picture it.

spacemt354

Chili's
Disney's Swiss Family Resort

Instead of building a walk through version of the movie in the Magic Kingdom, Disney executives should strongly consider a resort experience unlike any other, called the Swiss Family Resort. True to its movies' name and story,this resort will give guests a chance to stay and feel like they are away from it all. Situated on Discovery Island, imagineers will be able to go crazy building rooms built into treehouses, rock work and all manner of earthly formations. A seat on your balcony and you'll be able to relax to the sounds of the many waterfalls and working water inventions, fauna, foliage and enjoy all the comforts of home but in true castaway fashion. The islands size will limit the number of rooms since they will be spread out in all sorts of layouts, but with one of the most breathtaking natural looking pools on property, unique rooms and dining experiences guests will be clamoring to have a true other vacation while on vacation at this resort.
This is another one I didn't even think of!

I love the Swiss Family Treehouse...(it was closed a few weeks ago however)...nevertheless, it would be an interesting theme with treehouses, and your descriptions of the surrounding area...I would book that in a heartbeat. You do raise the point though, that the resort wouldn't be very large, so booking it might be a hassle. In addition, I think with Poly, Fort Wilderness, and then Swiss Family, there would be a pull towards resorts that have more outdoorsy feels. I think down the line this resort would work wonderfully, but first, maybe Disney needs to establish a variety of options for guests. Great job nonetheless though!

spacemt354

Chili's
I would add a resort called The Americana that is themed to the birth of America and takes its architecture and visual cue from Liberty square. With a Colonial appearance and on-site blacksmith and candle shop, guests will feel they have been transported back in history. The resort will be located by the transportation and ticket center and will take advantage of its proximity to the monorail. Or, for an added touch, guests can take a carriage ride to the front of Magic Kingdom. While the atmosphere is set in the past, the amenities and dining are first rate, indeed.
Liberty Square style resort - heck yes!

I love everything about this resort, though one slight nitpick I have would be probably placing it over where the Grand Floridian is, so that the colonial style could be its own thing...if you rode the monorail from Americana to the Magic Kingdom...it'd be like you're going forward in time from the Colonial Era to the turn of the century Main Street!

But the carriage ride is fantastic and overall nice idea!

spacemt354

Chili's
Disney's Nantucket Resort and Spa

Nestled next to the Polynesian Resort will be Disney's Nantucket Resort and Spa. This resort will offer guests a relaxing getaway and retreat to the colonial seaports in the early settlement years.
A nice idea overall - though its reminding me of the Yacht and Beach Club a tad...not like that's a bad thing, because those resorts are awesome - but especially since we can start over ...I was looking for something that was a bit more original. But great idea for sure!

spacemt354

Chili's
Prompt 1 - October 1st 1971 - Results

After looking over all of the projects, you all did a fantastic job, and it was really difficult to decide!

Like the Olympics, we will hand out a gold medal, silver medal, and bronze medal to the top 3 projects - as well as participation ribbons:D

Without further delay - here are the results!:)

Bronze Medal...
bronze_medal.png

Goes to @Tony the Tigger for Disney Feet & Paws Resort!

Silver Medal ...
94e277b35b521e8bfef0d840a52aceab.png

Goes to @OvertheHorizon for Disney’s Magical Faire Resort!

Gold Medal...
gold_medal.png

Goes to @Brer Robbie for Disney's Exploration Lodge!

Participation Awards!
last+place+loser+tropy+ribbon+funny+loser+sports+charlotte+bobcats+last+place+detroit+lions+worst+team+mets+loser+trophy+basketball+funny+news+funny+sports+news+funny+making+fun+of+players+sports+athlets.jpg

Thank you for submitting and for your great ideas - we've got many challenges left!

(Except @MonorailRed - who gets nothing...you lose!! - good day, ma'am!):eek:

spacemt354

Chili's
This might be due to being my first contest... But is there like an elimination or just a point system? Or is this just for fun?
Just for fun!:)

No eliminations - but as you can see above - each round I'll try and pick the three projects I liked the most and give a bronze, silver, and gold, for 3rd, 2nd, and 1st - though it's really hard because you all do well!:bookworm:

Great job again to everyone - very awesome first round!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom