Imagineering Weekends : One Sentence Competition Season 2

tcool123

Original Poster
:joyfull: What a wonderful idea! I will, for sure - tomorrow.

I've been up since 7, I must rest now:p Night everyone!:)
tumblr_n2no8hpKgg1stncygo1_500.gif

I kid :rolleyes:. There are some strong people who occasionally sleep. I need to sleep though; like right now. Been bustling around since 6:15 AM

Brer Robbie

Disney's Exploration Lodge
Residing on Discovery Island, Disney's Exploration Lodge has long been exclusive to the world's best explorers until now. Guests will exit World Drive and cross a bridge to access an island between the Contemporary and Wilderness lodge where they will park, enter The Hall of Explorers, and once checked in will catch a boat to Discovery Island to enter the lodge. Themed to the gothic styles prominent in ivy league schools such as Yale and Harvard, three five-story brick buildings would be filled with artifacts from different regions such as Africa, and Asia, which would all be on exhibition on the first floors. Amenities will include boat rentals, a ride in a seaplane themed to the one in Raiders of the Lost Ark, an infinity pool overlooking bay lake, two lounges, and a restaurant similar to Narcoossee's. Exploration Lodge would rank as a deluxe, with rooms ranging from studios to topping out at two bedroom suites on club level.

spacemt354

Chili's
The Grand

With the themed lands of the Magic Kingdom, the surrounding Magic Kingdom Resort area is inspired by those lands; Fort Wilderness (Frontierland), Contemporary (Tomorrowland), Polynesian (Adventureland), and Walt Disney World's 4th resort, The Grand (themed after Main Street U.S.A.)

Designed as a 12 story rectangular building, The Grand will be inspired by early 1900s architecture, similar to The Plaza in New York City, with an elegant exterior, coupled with a regal interior decor. There will be several prominent restaurants, as well as prime access to the Magic Kingdom (as this resort will be built where the Grand Floridian is today) Overall, The Grand will be the most luxurious deluxe resort on Disney property, and will bring in a new age of vacationing in Florida.

spacemt354

Chili's
I hope it's okay to wait until tomorrow for the reviews and next topic - I made it 48 hours because it was the first round and I didn't know how long it would take people to respond.

Since many have responded already...would anyone be opposed if we made it 24 hours each project? That way we can have 1 per day - I have around 25 challenge ideas haha if you all would like:)

spacemt354

Chili's
@spacemt354 My eyesight must be going bad. On first read, it looked like you have 25 challenge ideas. :) I'm not opposed to 24 hours to do a project, but three or four days in between would be my preference.
:p Yes I have a lot of ideas - but I wasn't expecting to use them all.

And sounds good - we will keep it as is then :) I just didn't want people feeling bored or anything waiting. Thank you for letting me know!

Disney Dad 3000

Disney's Swiss Family Resort

Instead of building a walk through version of the movie in the Magic Kingdom, Disney executives should strongly consider a resort experience unlike any other, called the Swiss Family Resort. True to its movies' name and story,this resort will give guests a chance to stay and feel like they are away from it all. Situated on Discovery Island, imagineers will be able to go crazy building rooms built into treehouses, rock work and all manner of earthly formations. A seat on your balcony and you'll be able to relax to the sounds of the many waterfalls and working water inventions, fauna, foliage and enjoy all the comforts of home but in true castaway fashion. The islands size will limit the number of rooms since they will be spread out in all sorts of layouts, but with one of the most breathtaking natural looking pools on property, unique rooms and dining experiences guests will be clamoring to have a true other vacation while on vacation at this resort.

Fox&Hound

I would add a resort called The Americana that is themed to the birth of America and takes its architecture and visual cue from Liberty square. With a Colonial appearance and on-site blacksmith and candle shop, guests will feel they have been transported back in history. The resort will be located by the transportation and ticket center and will take advantage of its proximity to the monorail. Or, for an added touch, guests can take a carriage ride to the front of Magic Kingdom. While the atmosphere is set in the past, the amenities and dining are first rate, indeed.

Tony the Tigger

We will keep them a few days apart - so the next one will start on Monday - and end on Wednesday, if that's alright?

I agree that's the best way to go. It may have been a fluke that we were all ready to go this time. I know there are times I don't check the board for a couple of days.

I would say this, though - if every single contestant submits ahead of the deadline, feel free to call it early and review early - assuming everyone agrees with that. Then start the clock/set the date for the next round to start.

Tony the Tigger

The Grand

With the themed lands of the Magic Kingdom, the surrounding Magic Kingdom Resort area is inspired by those lands; Fort Wilderness (Frontierland), Contemporary (Tomorrowland), Polynesian (Adventureland), and Walt Disney World's 4th resort, The Grand (themed after Main Street U.S.A.)

Designed as a 12 story rectangular building, The Grand will be inspired by early 1900s architecture, similar to The Plaza in New York City, with an elegant exterior, coupled with a regal interior decor. There will be several prominent restaurants, as well as prime access to the Magic Kingdom (as this resort will be built where the Grand Floridian is today) Overall, The Grand will be the most luxurious deluxe resort on Disney property, and will bring in a new age of vacationing in Florida.

Nice job!

So...is tcool123 still doing the judging? Or did you do that just for fun and not an official entry? Or are you going to judge yourself LOL ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom