Imagineering Speculation?

jt04

I know the one person that will never get laid off at TWDC.....the person who updates and creates all the organizational charts.

Poor guy probably never sleeps.
Too funny! đź‘Ź

I like this rumor and it fits with some speculating I've been doing. Consider that WDW wants to bring back APs but not crush their new and improving guest surveys. This would fall perfectly in line for Imagineering operating under this new discipline. Truly skies the limit with what they could do. And this could be just one of the possibilities.

jt04

This sounds like a lot of vague, meaningless corporate speak. Can anyone translate what this actually means?

One of the things considered in the past was a special ticket at DAK that would include a lot of experiences not otherwise available such as a ropes course etc. I think they did a scaled down version for awhile. Something like this but many more choices around property and more fully Imagineered concepts.

Another way to think of it is a lite version of what guests will experience with the new Star Wars hotel.

Just speculating.

Nmoody1

Still stuff Walt Disney Imagineering already did. They were involved in the original Disney Store and I believe the Imagination Park concept as well. They were involved in Disney Regional Entertainment (DisneyQuest, ESPN Zone and Club Disney) and Jay Rasulo’s other regional entertainment attempts. They’ve been involved in projects outside of Disney like Encounter at LAX.

I mean, the concerning thing about all the above projects; they are all closed (encounter, regional entertainment) or closing (disney store).

Not that it's imagineerings fault they are closed.

I feel like everything is so basic these days (hotel rooms, shopping malls, experiences) that Imagineering is changing things behind the scenes because going ahead there will be even more 'basicness' in our lives.

Nmoody1

One of the things considered in the past was a special ticket at DAK that would include a lot of experiences not otherwise available such as a ropes course etc. I think they did a scaled down version for awhile. Something like this but many more choices around property and more fully Imagineered concepts.

Another way to think of it is a lite version of what guests will experience with the new Star Wars hotel.

Just speculating.

Perhaps Imagineering could just divert everyone to Asia where special events (Easter, halloween) are included in day tickets (as are rope courses at SHDL)

jt04

Perhaps Imagineering could just divert everyone to Asia where special events (Easter, halloween) are included in day tickets (as are rope courses at SHDL)

There is no limit to the possibilities. S.E.A. could be intriguing. Star Wars, Indy, culinary, behind the scenes tours, coaster enthusiasts, Imagineer for a day...

lentesta

Premium Member
Might be related to this survey that's making the rounds.

survey.png

There are also some recent patents that hint at AI-based gameplay.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Sounds like the thing one would do if one wanted new business cards to make themselves feel important. Basically shuffling the chairs on the deck of the ship.

HairyChest

Original Poster
Might be related to this survey that's making the rounds.

View attachment 541728

There are also some recent patents that hint at AI-based gameplay.
I got that survey too. I selected the same responses. I can’t believe they are focusing on those experiences for the theme parks. How about they look into utilizing their own Sorcerer’s of the Magic Kingdom in some way instead of all those other ones they listed. That would be a win win.

Liberty6

8E42A148-3C08-4E64-AB49-3E8C8BD23862.png
So it looks like this new division is separate from Imagineering? Barbara Bouza also updated her LinkedIn. She used to be President of Business Ops and Project Delivery but now it shows that she is President of WDI Design and Delivery. (Bob Weis was previously President WDI Design)

IveBeenJack

This sounds like a lot of vague, meaningless corporate speak. Can anyone translate what this actually means?
It is corporate speak, because all we have right now that is solidly confirmed is the change go Bob Weis' LinkedIn profile, but I had a source further elaborate, that it means bringing more of the Disney park magic to new locations around the world, without building parks. I personally think that means like WDI building an Avengers or Star Wars hotel offerings.

lazyboy97o

It is corporate speak, because all we have right now that is solidly confirmed is the change go Bob Weis' LinkedIn profile, but I had a source further elaborate, that it means bringing more of the Disney park magic to new locations around the world, without building parks. I personally think that means like WDI building an Avengers or Star Wars hotel offerings.
Jay Rasulo’s dreams live on.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom