Imagineering a Video Game(s)

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
Anyone reading my Ocarina of Time stuff? ;) It is for my own personal fantasy, mind you, but I just want to make sure I'm not crazy haha.

Continuing on...

Before visiting Mido, however, there is plenty to see and learn throughout the Kokiri Forest. The Kokiri children often offer advice or a tutorial in regard to in-game mechanics; i.e. ZL targeting, using the camera, sword-play, etc. More often than not, the mythology of Hyrule is established through conversation. Noticeably, a massive, hollowed tree trunk to the far west of the forest is carefully guarded by a fast Kokiri boy. He says, "You're not allowed to leave the forest! The Great Deku Tree said that if a Kokiri leaves the woods, he or she will die!" We don't have enough stamina yet to climb the rock-wall near the entrance to the famous Lost Woods. Don't bother, you'll just fall.

Visit the Twins House, but only after you have obtained the Spoils Bag from Beedle.

The solo occupant of the Twins House will offer a tutorial in yet another "new" mechanic:
Cooking. Borrowed from Breath of the Wild - as with much of the "new" content in OoT and MM - cooking is achieved through roasting edible contents of the Spoils Bag with direct flame, such as a campfire or flaming weapon. Roasting edible spoils will cause the former materials to lose their potential value in exchange for health, stamina, or magic restorative properties. While the typical recovery hearts are still available in-game (only in the Hylian Quest), certain dishes can often restore double or even quintuple the health. Cooked food is also kept in the Spoils Bag for later consumption. That being said, mushrooms, apples, acorns, vegetables, pumpkins, eggs, etc., can be found throughout the overworld for harvest. Meats, such as fish, poultry, steaks, escargot, crabs, and more can be pulled from the various animals found throughout the overworld. However, we'll need a certain weapon first before we could ever hope to go hunting... Completion of the cooking tutorial will provide Link with a hearty Vegetable Stew, worth two recovery hearts.

"If you want to pass through here, you should at least equip a sword and shield! ....... Eh, what's that?! Oh, you have a Deku Shield... And what's THAT?! Is that the Kokiri Sword?! GOOD GRIEF!!" Mido, is clearly unhappy. "Well, even with all that stuff, a wimp is still a wimp, huh? I, the great Mido, will never accept you as one of us! Shoot! How did you get to be the favorite of Saria and the Great Deku Tree? Huh?! Grumble...grumble..." Finally, Mido moves free of the passage. We proceed.

The Deku Tree's trail is littered with the flytrap-like Deku Babas. The carnivorous plants are weak; a slash of the sword will provide a Deku Stick or Deku Nut in their defeat. Deku Sticks, as we learned earlier, act similar to a sword, but can also be used as a makeshift, temporary torch. Deku Nuts, however, can be used to temporarily stun or blind enemies. The Great Deku Tree awaits...

Oh... Navi... Thou hast returned...

Link... Welcome... Listen carefully to what I, the Deku Tree, am about to tell thee... Thy slumber these past moons must have been restless, and full of nightmares... As the servants of evil gain strength, a vile climate pervades the land and causes nightmares to those sensitive to it... Verily, thou hast felt it...

Link... The time has come to test thy courage... I have been cursed... I need you to break the curse with your wisdom and courage. Dost thou have courage enough to undertake this task?

Link nods. The Deku Tree begins to lower his mouth.

Then enter, brave Link, and thou too, Navi... Navi the fairy... Thou must aid Link... and Link... When Navi speaks, use /\ to listen well to her words of wisdom..."

Regardless of the peculiarity behind entering a giant, sentient tree's mouth as a child... We enter our first dungeon:

INSIDE THE DEKU TREE

The eerie orchestral and opening cinematic do more than enough to set an ominous tone for our first dungeon. A quick look-around shows a massive spiderweb stretching over a hole in the ground. There is an unlit golden torch next to it. A ladder is directly to the right, and a vine wall is covered in horrific spiders: Skullwalltulas. Fortunately, the grass, rocks and withered Deku Babas throughout the area offer plenty of items for restorative purposes. There is no way right now to defeat the Skullwalltulas - that charge us when spotted - so instead, climb the ladder. As Navi points out, "You won't use stamina to climb a ladder or vine wall! But I can't say the same for any other surface..." Mind the bat-like Keese that swoop down and attack; Keese Wings, their spoil, are sold for a fair price later on; and keep running until you reach the blob-ish egg near another unlit torch. The egg will hatch into a hideous Gohma Larva. The one-eyed parasite will attack. Defeat it and open the treasure chest for the Dungeon Map. Be wary; another egg will immediately fall from above and hatch. Smash into the crate right next to the chest and defeat the Gold Skulltula inside. Gold Skulltulas are a major Side-Quest. The reward, a Skull Token, will come in handy for our Main Quest.

Climb the vine wall to reach the top portion of the chamber. Big Skulltulas (larger Skullwalltulas) barricade the various jumping points from the top floor. The massive spiders will turn briefly to reveal their soft underbelly. This is your chance to attack. If you hit their armored front-side, they will swing side to side or spin in a brutal attack. Seek the golden floor switch and step on it. The resulting pressure will ignite every torch in the room, including one nearby. This will subsequently eliminate an adjacent spiderweb blocking a door. Enter said door.

The door locks behind us, leaving Link trapped in this chamber. First, eliminate the Gohma Larva and Deku Babas found on the ground. Climb the vine wall to the entrance (a small cliff), and light a Deku Stick from the lit-torch. Hop back down to the lower level and light the unlit torch. This will drop a small treasure chest in a nearby alcove. Climb back to the entrance and press the switch. Three circular platforms will temporarily rise. Hop across to the small chest to receive five rupees! Return to the entrance, reset the switch, and hop across to the smaller alcove off to the left. A Bokoblin is fast asleep against the wall, but will awaken upon our landing. Defeat the goblin and open the large treasure chest that spawns in its defeat: the Fairy Slingshot is ours! Our first ranged weapon at hand, return to the main room.

To Be Continued

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
Anyone reading my Ocarina of Time stuff? ;) It is for my own personal fantasy, mind you, but I just want to make sure I'm not crazy haha.

Continuing on...

Before visiting Mido, however, there is plenty to see and learn throughout the Kokiri Forest. The Kokiri children often offer advice or a tutorial in regard to in-game mechanics; i.e. ZL targeting, using the camera, sword-play, etc. More often than not, the mythology of Hyrule is established through conversation. Noticeably, a massive, hollowed tree trunk to the far west of the forest is carefully guarded by a fast Kokiri boy. He says, "You're not allowed to leave the forest! The Great Deku Tree said that if a Kokiri leaves the woods, he or she will die!" We don't have enough stamina yet to climb the rock-wall near the entrance to the famous Lost Woods. Don't bother, you'll just fall.

Visit the Twins House, but only after you have obtained the Spoils Bag from Beedle.

The solo occupant of the Twins House will offer a tutorial in yet another "new" mechanic:
Cooking. Borrowed from Breath of the Wild - as with much of the "new" content in OoT and MM - cooking is achieved through roasting edible contents of the Spoils Bag with direct flame, such as a campfire or flaming weapon. Roasting edible spoils will cause the former materials to lose their potential value in exchange for health, stamina, or magic restorative properties. While the typical recovery hearts are still available in-game (only in the Hylian Quest), certain dishes can often restore double or even quintuple the health. Cooked food is also kept in the Spoils Bag for later consumption. That being said, mushrooms, apples, acorns, vegetables, pumpkins, eggs, etc., can be found throughout the overworld for harvest. Meats, such as fish, poultry, steaks, escargot, crabs, and more can be pulled from the various animals found throughout the overworld. However, we'll need a certain weapon first before we could ever hope to go hunting... Completion of the cooking tutorial will provide Link with a hearty Vegetable Stew, worth two recovery hearts.

"If you want to pass through here, you should at least equip a sword and shield! ....... Eh, what's that?! Oh, you have a Deku Shield... And what's THAT?! Is that the Kokiri Sword?! GOOD GRIEF!!" Mido, is clearly unhappy. "Well, even with all that stuff, a wimp is still a wimp, huh? I, the great Mido, will never accept you as one of us! Shoot! How did you get to be the favorite of Saria and the Great Deku Tree? Huh?! Grumble...grumble..." Finally, Mido moves free of the passage. We proceed.

The Deku Tree's trail is littered with the flytrap-like Deku Babas. The carnivorous plants are weak; a slash of the sword will provide a Deku Stick or Deku Nut in their defeat. Deku Sticks, as we learned earlier, act similar to a sword, but can also be used as a makeshift, temporary torch. Deku Nuts, however, can be used to temporarily stun or blind enemies. The Great Deku Tree awaits...

Oh... Navi... Thou hast returned...

Link... Welcome... Listen carefully to what I, the Deku Tree, am about to tell thee... Thy slumber these past moons must have been restless, and full of nightmares... As the servants of evil gain strength, a vile climate pervades the land and causes nightmares to those sensitive to it... Verily, thou hast felt it...

Link... The time has come to test thy courage... I have been cursed... I need you to break the curse with your wisdom and courage. Dost thou have courage enough to undertake this task?

Link nods. The Deku Tree begins to lower his mouth.

Then enter, brave Link, and thou too, Navi... Navi the fairy... Thou must aid Link... and Link... When Navi speaks, use /\ to listen well to her words of wisdom..."

Regardless of the peculiarity behind entering a giant, sentient tree's mouth as a child... We enter our first dungeon:

INSIDE THE DEKU TREE

View attachment 348795
The eerie orchestral and opening cinematic do more than enough to set an ominous tone for our first dungeon. A quick look-around shows a massive spiderweb stretching over a hole in the ground. There is an unlit golden torch next to it. A ladder is directly to the right, and a vine wall is covered in horrific spiders: Skullwalltulas. Fortunately, the grass, rocks and withered Deku Babas throughout the area offer plenty of items for restorative purposes. There is no way right now to defeat the Skullwalltulas - that charge us when spotted - so instead, climb the ladder. As Navi points out, "You won't use stamina to climb a ladder or vine wall! But I can't say the same for any other surface..." Mind the bat-like Keese that swoop down and attack; Keese Wings, their spoil, are sold for a fair price later on; and keep running until you reach the blob-ish egg near another unlit torch. The egg will hatch into a hideous Gohma Larva. The one-eyed parasite will attack. Defeat it and open the treasure chest for the Dungeon Map. Be wary; another egg will immediately fall from above and hatch. Smash into the crate right next to the chest and defeat the Gold Skulltula inside. Gold Skulltulas are a major Side-Quest. The reward, a Skull Token, will come in handy for our Main Quest.

Climb the vine wall to reach the top portion of the chamber. Big Skulltulas (larger Skullwalltulas) barricade the various jumping points from the top floor. The massive spiders will turn briefly to reveal their soft underbelly. This is your chance to attack. If you hit their armored front-side, they will swing side to side or spin in a brutal attack. Seek the golden floor switch and step on it. The resulting pressure will ignite every torch in the room, including one nearby. This will subsequently eliminate an adjacent spiderweb blocking a door. Enter said door.

The door locks behind us, leaving Link trapped in this chamber. First, eliminate the Gohma Larva and Deku Babas found on the ground. Climb the vine wall to the entrance (a small cliff), and light a Deku Stick from the lit-torch. Hop back down to the lower level and light the unlit torch. This will drop a small treasure chest in a nearby alcove. Climb back to the entrance and press the switch. Three circular platforms will temporarily rise. Hop across to the small chest to receive five rupees! Return to the entrance, reset the switch, and hop across to the smaller alcove off to the left. A Bokoblin is fast asleep against the wall, but will awaken upon our landing. Defeat the goblin and open the large treasure chest that spawns in its defeat: the Fairy Slingshot is ours! Our first ranged weapon at hand, return to the main room.

To Be Continued

Continuing on with our tour Inside the Deku Tree...

Return to the second floor and ignite a Deku Stick using the torch. Burn down the massive spiderweb and head through the door. This room has a Big Deku Baba; literally. The Big Baba has long range and tends to deal double the usual damage, so utilize Deku Nuts for a quick stun at range. Use the slingshot to destroy the Gohma eggs hanging from the ceiling before they can hatch. Hit the eye switch above the door with the slingshot on the far wall to proceed. In the now unlocked room, shoot the Skullwalltula and eggs before they can attack. Angle your slingshot toward the center of the ceiling to shoot down the Big Skulltula before it has a chance to drop. Jump to the floating platform and again to the treasure chest to obtain the Compass!

A Golden Skulltula can be found in an adjacent alcove; however, this cannot be accessed until later in the quest when we can use Bombchus. For now, turn backward and face the exit. Use the slingshot to release a ladder hanging from above.

Back at the entrance of the dungeon, ignite a Deku Stick from the main torch and roll over the spiderweb in the floor. This will eliminate the web and allow you to fall into the basement waters far below. Climb ashore to the right. Defeat the Deku Babas and press the switch. This will ignite a new torch directly across from you. Head to the other side and use a Deku Stick to burn down the large spiderweb blocking the door, then, shoot the eye switch to unlock it.

Mini-Boss: MOBLIN

Admittedly new to OoT and the Great Deku Tree is the first Mini-Boss of the game, a standard Moblin. Although Moblins do not appear as basic enemies until later in our quest, a single Moblin has made his lair in the Great Deku Tree, perhaps part of the aforementioned "curse." The Moblin does not take after its original OoT design (a bulldog), rather, it takes after its tall, lanky, porcine design from Breath of the Wild. A short cutscene plays. The hulking creature holds a squirming Deku Scrub - a small woodland denizen - over a sizzling black cauldron. The Deku Scrub falls in with a squeal and a splash. The brutish Moblin looks up to see Link. He licks his chops. The fight is on!

There is no true strategy in the defeat of a Moblin. However, Deku Nuts and the Fairy Slingshot will serve of great use. The Moblin wields a spiked club that will hurt. But, a well timed Deku Nut or slingshot to the head, will momentarily stun the beast, allowing the ideal opportunity for a good sword attack. Repeat this process about three to four times - collecting recovery hearts from the regrowing grass - and the Moblin will fall in defeat, unlocking the next room (and the previous) and leaving a new spoil: Moblin Guts. Not to mention his still warm cauldron... Using any ingredients you might have obtained throughout the Deku Tree (mushrooms, acorns, seeds, etc.), feel free to mix and match to make some health and stamina restorative meals. Enter the next room...

To Be Continued

kmbmw777

91nOQ6S4ptL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

One game that I have been interested in 'reimagineering' for a while is Lego Dimension, which is one of my favorite games of all time. For this post I'm going to focus on the characters/franchises that will be appearing in the new series. Next time I will go over the year one and year two plots. Also, I finally found a use for the charts!

Year One

Cast - Starter Packs

Assorted FranchisesBatman (DC Comics)
Wildstyle (Lego Movie)
Gandalf (Lord of the Rings)
BatmobileSeptember 27th 2015

Cast - Level Packs

Lego MovieEmmetEmmet's Excavator
Double Decker Couch
September 27th 2015
Back to the FutureMarty McFlyDelorean Time Machine
Hoverboard
September 27th 2015
The SimpsonsHomer SimpsonHomer's Car
Taunt-o-Vision
September 27th 2015
Portal 2ChellCompanion Cube
Sentry Turret
November 3rd 2015
Doctor Who12th DoctorTardis
K-9
November 3rd 2015
GhostbustersPeter VenkmanEcto-1
Ghost Trap
January 9th 2016
Midway ArcadeGamer KidArcade Machine
G-6155 Spy Hunter
March 15th 2016

Cast - Team Packs

Jurassic WorldOwen
Claire
Velocoraptor
Gyrosphere
September 27th 2015
Scooby DooSha ggy (for some reason, the space is needed)
Scooby
Mystery Machine
Scooby Snacks
September 27th 2015
Lego NinjagoKai
Cole
Blade Bike
Boulder Bomber
November 3rd 2015
DC ComicsSuperman
Lex Luthor
Hover Pod
Mech Suit
January 9th 2016
Lord of the RingsGimli
Legolas
Arrow Launcher
Axe Chariot
March 15th 2016

Fun packs

Lord of the RingsGollumShelob the GreatSeptember 27th 2015
Lord of the RingsAragornSiege MachineNovember 3rd 2015
Wizard of OzWicked Witch of the WestWinged MonkeyMarch 15th 2016
Lego Legends of ChimaLavallMighty Lion RiderSeptember 27th 2015
Lego Legends of ChimaCraggerSwamp SkimmerNovember 3rd 2015
The Lego MovieBad CopPolice CarSeptember 27th 2015
The Lego MovieBennySpace ShipSeptember 27th 2015
The Lego MovieUnikittyCloud Cucu CarNovember 3rd 2015
The Lego MovieVitruviusPianoMarch 15th 2016
Lego NinjagoJayStorm FighterNovember 3rd 2015
Lego NinjagoNyaSamurai MechJanuary 9th 2016
Lego NinjagoZaneNinja CopterJanuary 9th 2016
DC ComicsAquamanSharkSeptember 27th 2015
DC ComicsWonder WomanInvisible JetJanuary 9th 2016
DC ComicsCyborgMother BoxJanuary 9th 2016
Doctor WhoClara OswaldDalekNovember 3rd 2015
The SimpsonsBart SimpsonGravity SpinnerSeptember 27th 2015
The SimpsonsKrusty the ClownClown BikeNovember 3rd 2015
Back to the FutureDoc BrownTime TrainNovember 3rd 2015

Total Franchises
  1. Lego Movie
  2. Lord of the Rings
  3. DC Comics
  4. Back to the Future
  5. The Simpsons
  6. Portal 2
  7. Doctor Who
  8. Ghostbusters
  9. Midway Arcade
  10. Jurassic World
  11. Scooby Doo
  12. Lego Ninjago
  13. Wizard of Oz
  14. Lego Chima
Year Two
Campaign Pack

Assorted FranchisesHermione Granger (Harry Potter)
Chase McCain (Lego City)
Knuckles (Sonic the Hedgehog)
Hogwarts ExpressOctober 1st 2016

Story Packs

The Lego Batman MovieLego Batman
Alfred Pennyworth
BatwingMarch 1st 2017
DC Comics - Suicide SquadHarley Quinn
Deadshot
Joker's CarOctober 1st 2016
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find ThemNewt Scamander
Tina Goldstein
NifflerDecember 1st 2016
DC Comics - The FlashThe Flash
Vibe
Star Labs SatalliteJanuary 25th 2017
Star TrekSpock
Captain James Kirk
Mini US EnterpriseMarch 1st 2017

Level Packs

Adventure TimeFinnJakemobile
Ancient War elephant
October 1st 2016
Mission ImpossibleEthan HuntIMF Scrambler
IMF Sports Car
December 1st 2016
GooniesSlothOne Eyed Willy Pirate Ship
Skeleton Organ
January 25th 2017
Sonic the HedgehogSonicThe Sonic Speedster
EggMan Robot
January 25th 2017
Teenage Mutant Ninja TurtlesMichelangeloVehicle
Gadget
March 1st 2017

Team Packs

Harry PotterHarry Potter
Ron Weasley
Ford Car
Buckbeak
October 1st 2016
Adventure TimeJake
Lumpy Space Princess
BMO
Lumpy Space Car
October 1st 2016
Lego Batman MovieRobin
Batgirl
Batsignal
Nightwing-mobile
March 1st 2017
Powerpuff GirlsBlossom
Bubbles
Octi
PPG Smart Phone
January 25th 2017
DC Comics - Teen Titans Go!Beastboy
Raven
Spellbook of Azarath
T Car
January 25th 2017
GrelimsGizmo
Stripe
RC Racer
Flash and Flash
December 1st 2016

Fun Packs

DC Comics - The FlashKiller FrostSavitar's SuitJanuary 25th 2017
DC Comics - The FlashCaptain ColdFrost MachineJanuary 25th 2017
DC Comics - Teen Titans GoStarfireTitan RobotJanuary 25th 2017
Harry PotterLuna LovegoodQuibblerDecember 1st 2016
Adventure TimeMarcelineLunatic AmpOctober 1st 2016
E.T. - The Extra TerrestrialE.T.TelephoneDecember 1st 2016
Powerpuff GirlsButtercupMega Blot BlastDecember 1st 2016
Sonic the HedgehogTailsThe TornadoDecember 1st 2016
Sonic the HedgehogShadowE123 OmegaOctober 1st 2016
The Lego Batman MovieThe JokerPhantom Zone ProjectorMarch 1st 2017
Star TrekWorfTractor BeamMarch 1st 2017
Star TrekCaptain PicardCommunicatorMarch 1st 2017

Total Franchises
  1. Harry Potter
  2. Lego City
  3. Sonic the Hedgehog
  4. Lego Batman Movie
  5. DC Comics
    1. DC Comics - Suicide Squad
    2. DC Comics - Teen Titans Go!
    3. DC Comics - the Flash
  6. Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
  7. Star Trek
  8. Mission Impossible
  9. Adventure Time
  10. Goonies
  11. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
  12. Gremlins
  13. Powerpuff Girls
  14. E.T. The Extraterrestrial

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
Love how this thread has blossomed into a free and welcome space to Imagineer video games! Keep 'em coming! Now, to continue with my own pleasure project...

There is a small chest right next to the door in this new room that contains a single recovery heart (or, if your health is full, a green rupee). With the slingshot, destroy the egg hanging on the ceiling, then press the blue switch to ignite the torch. The torch lasts a mere matter of seconds, so quickly light a Deku Stick and hop onto the moving platform; the jump must be timed with the rotation of the platform, or you will get wet. Skullfish, deadly skeletal fish, inhabit the small body of water below and will attack if provoked; they can, however, be taken out with a well-aimed slingshot from ashore. Aboard the moving platform with your lit Deku Stick, duck beneath the column of spikes, and light the unlit torches on the other side. It might take a few tries, but fortunately, a Deku Baba constantly re-spawns on the other side of the room for limitless Deku Sticks. Defeat the Big Skulltula and push the large block into place to access the now-unlocked door on the alcove above.

A Mad Scrub - a multicolored Deku Scrub - ambushes you here with projectile Deku Nuts, but simply use your shield or slingshot to take it out from a distance. Dispatch the four eggs before they can hatch. Four additional eggs hang from the ceiling, so likewise, take them out before they can fall into an immediate hatch. The next room will unlock. This new room is bizarre; a massive, empty chamber. All exits are barricaded by spiderweb. Four unlit torches haunt the center. The room darkens. The door suddenly locks behind us. Four Bokoblins appear. Use Deku Nuts and the slingshot for at-range defense. Once the Bokoblins have fallen, four Gohma Larva will attack. Four Mad Scrubs will materialize in the wake of the Gohma Larva. The shield and slingshot are your best defense. If a Mad Scrub is hit by its own projectile, it will scurry about the room before succumbing to the sword. Lastly, two hulking Moblins enter the arena. Take turns defeating them - with as much range as possible - and take advantage of the regrowing grass in the room for recovery hearts and ammunition. Once both Moblins have fallen, the torches will permanently ignite. A mysterious voice rings out... "1... 3... 2..." What the heck does that mean?!

Collect your spoils and light a Deku Stick. Sprint, don't walk to the western spiderweb, or the stick will burn out. Carefully avoid the attacking Deku Baba and burn the spiderweb to ash. We can't access any other goodies in this room until a return visit, so for now, climb thru the small tunnel on the other side of the charred spiderweb.

We have since returned to the first room of the basement. There is another large spiderweb covering a hole in the ground. Dispatch the Big Deku Baba and then the Business Scrub. The peculiar, recurring Business Scrub found throughout the Hyrule overworld will sell an item after its defeat. Here, the Scrub sells a Deku Shield for 50 rupees - perfect, in case ours burnt earlier in the dungeon... Regardless of purchase, head to the nearby block and push it into the water below. Cross to the lowest level of the room and light a Deku Stick. Quickly climb the block and roll over the spiderweb. The web will burn and we will fall into a large lake below.

Unlike the original OoT, there is no return climb to the chamber above; the large vine wall is noticeably absent. We can briefly attempt to climb the wall via stamina, but the wheel will quickly run out and send us back into the waters below. Three normal Deku Scrubs rest ashore. However, once hit, the Scrub will turn blue and become temporarily paralyzed. Trial and error will teach us that if not hit in a certain order, the Scrubs will return to health and begin shooting projectiles all over again. Fortunately, we know this order: 1... 3... 2... So, defeat them in that order: Left... Right... Middle... The last one squeals...

"How did you know our secret?! How irritating! It's so annoying that I'm going to reveal the secret of Queen Gohma to you! In order to administer the coup de grace to Queen Gohma, strike with your sword while she's stunned. Oh, Queenie... Sorry about that!" The Scrub scurries off, leaving a recovery heart in its wake. The boss door unlocks.

A huge barricade falls behind us. The foggy chamber of gnarled roots and wooden columns is cast into darkness. Something begins to stir in the underbrush above... Look up to make eye contact with none other than Queen Gohma herself. The one-eyed monstrosity falls to the floor with a bloodcurdling shriek. The battle is on!

Parasitic Armored Arachnid
GOHMA

Gohma's main attack is to hobble toward you and essentially collapse on top of you, which can easily be stopped via shield or simply moving out of the way. Her other offense is retreating to the ceiling and spouting a trio of three Gohma Larva, which can also be destroyed easily. Our best bet is to stun Gohma with Deku Nuts or the Slingshot when her eye is red (right before or after she attacks). This will knock her to the floor and leave her eye vulnerable. Slash the living heck out of her for as long as you can. After maybe three good instances of that, she will disintegrate in defeat, vanishing into ash and blue smoke. A Heart Container is left in her defeat, adding a fourth heart to our current three. Step into the ring of blue light and return to Kokiri Forest.

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
Cool. Uh MEW wasn't the order of defeating the dekus 231 aka 23 is number 1?

I'm changing a lot of what was in the original game, mostly minor details. OoT has been remade and re-released so many times at this point, that I have to keep it fresh apart from the orchestrated score and HD graphics. Much of the Deku Tree dungeon itself is borrowed from the Master Quest version, with a few obvious exceptions. There are, at the moment, several videos on YouTube of an Ocarina of Time remake using the Unreal Engine 4 for their graphics. That is the kind of look I am aiming for with this remake.

Some of the Great Deku Tree's dialogue in the following cutscene is almost borrowed directly from Skyward Sword and Breath of the Wild.

Anyhow, continuing on...

The Curse of the Deku Tree vanquished, our victory over Queen Gohma returns us to the Great Deku Tree's meadow. The wise tree appears ill, almost grey in color. He speaks in a weakened and less powerful voice than before. His lips move slower. "Well done, Link...

Thou hast verily demonstrated thy courage... I knew that thou wouldst be able to carry out my wishes... Now...listen carefully, I have yet more to tell ye... A wicked man of the desert cast this dreadful curse upon me..."
A cutscene plays. Ganondorf, the vile man from Link's earlier dream, rides past on an armored, black horse amid enraged flame and a dark void of thunder and lightning.

"This unholy entity... This calamity enveloped in malice... His hate shall never perish. It is eternally reborn in a cycle with no end. Those who share in the blood of Hyrule's Sacred Lineage are forever bound to this ancient curse. This evil man ceaselessly uses his vile, sorcerous powers in his search for the Sacred Realm that is connected to Hyrule... For it is in that Sacred Realm that one will find the divine relic, the Triforce, which contains the essence of the gods..." The flame vanishes with Ganondorf and his evil chuckle. We now look to a storming sky. Raindrops fall as the Deku Tree narrates the Creation of Hyrule. The original cutscene is mostly retained, but completely remastered and scored; as with the entirety of OoT and MM. The three goddesses: Din, Nayru, and Farore are entirely redesigned in an ethereal, ghost-like visage.

"Before time began, before spirits and life existed... Three golden goddesses descended upon the chaos that was Hyrule... Din, the goddess of power... Nayru, the goddess of wisdom... Farore, the goddess of courage..." The chaos of Hyrule's creation is shown. "Din... With her strong flaming arms, she cultivated the land and created the red earth. Nayru... Poured her wisdom onto the earth and gave the spirit of law to the world. Farore... With her rich soul, produced all life forms who would uphold the law." The beasts and denizens of Hyrule appear as if by magic in various locations throughout the overworld, many of the shown areas new to OoT. The new life is curious to their new world. The three goddesses depart for the heavens, but not before a brilliant blast of their combined energy into the triangular shape of the shimmering Triforce, the ultimate power. "The three great goddesses, their labors completed, departed for the heavens. And golden sacred triangles remained at the point where the goddesses left the world. Since then, the sacred triangles, the Triforce, has become the basis of our world's providence. And, the resting place of the triangles has become the Sacred Realm.

Our view returns to that of the Great Deku Tree, looking worse than before. He gradually speaks slower. "Thou must never allow the desert man in black armor to lay his hands on the sacred Triforce... Thou must never suffer that man, with his evil heart, to enter the Sacred Realm of legend... That evil man who cast the death curse upon me and sapped my power... Because of that curse, my end is nigh... Though your valiant efforts to break the curse were successful, I was doomed before you started... Even now, malicious beasts of the twilight enter our world... I will soon pass away, but do not grieve for me... I have been able to tell you of these important matters... This is... YOU are Hyrule's final hope... Link... Go now to Hyrule Castle... There, thou will surely meet the Princess of Destiny... Take this stone with you. The stone that foul man wanted so much, that he cast this fatal curse on me..."

A green gemstone trimmed in gold appears in Link's care. He presents it with pride: "You got the Kokiri's Emerald! This is the Spiritual Stone of the Forest, now entrusted to you by the Great Deku Tree." The Deku Tree gasps in agony. Autumn leaves fall from his branches. His remaining color fades. He speaks between gasps. "The future depends on thee, Link... Thou art courageous... Navi the fairy... Help Link to carry out my will... I entreat ye... Navi... Good...bye..." In a sickening noise, the Deku Tree is enveloped entirely in grey, petrified in time. His mouth remains open in an eternal gasp. A breeze billows past Link. Navi bids her farewell. "Let's go to Hyrule Castle, Link!! Good-bye...Great Deku Tree..." Link and Navi run off. The deceased Deku Tree remains in the silence. Birds chirp and flutter past.

Mido is not pleased with our return. "Hey, Link! What did you do?! The Great Deku Tree...did he...die? How could you do a thing like that?! It's all your fault!!" A quick chat with anyone in Kokiri Forest is our signal to flee for Hyrule Castle; Mido's upset, and word of the Great Deku Tree's death has quickly spread. Although, with your newfound Fairy Slingshot, we can now hunt the animals found throughout Kokiri Forest to collect their meat for later consumption. Like plant-based ingredients, meat can be consumed raw or cooked. Since, at the moment at least, there is one exit from the forest, head west to the log previously blocked by a fast-moving "guard." Despite his protest, we exit.

Link comes to a bridge somewhere in the vast but previously inaccessible Lost Woods. Saria waits. "Oh, you're leaving..." Link turns. "I knew...that you would leave the forest...someday, Link... Because you are different from me and my friends... But that's OK, because we'll be friends forever...won't we? I want you to have this Ocarina... Please take good care of it." Link receives the Fairy Ocarina. The magical instrument is permanently accessible, unlike its N64 predecessor. "When you play my Ocarina, I hope you will think of me and come back to the forest to visit." A pause. Link backs away, then runs. Saria looks sadly in his direction...

From this point forward, this hypothetical walk-through will be divided into "Chapters." This post thus completes Chapter One...

So far, in Chapter One, we've:

1. Learned the Controls; Camera, Stealth (Swimming & Climbing), Sneak Attacks, Targeting, Hunting, Cooking, Harvesting, and More
  2. Learned Sword Combat
  3. Learned Shield Defense
  4. Learned the History of Hyrule and the Great Deku Tree's Fate
  5. Rid the Deku Tree of a Terrible Curse
  6. Gained a Heart Container
  7. Gained the Spiritual Stone of the Forest; the Kokiri's Emerald
  8. Gained the Fairy Slingshot, Spoils Bag, Kokiri Sword, Deku Shield, Deku Nuts, Deku Sticks, and Fairy Ocarina
  9. Learned of Our Main Quest
  10. Defeated Queen Gohma

We have thus closed:

CHAPTER ONE: CURSE OF THE DEKU TREE

Up next...

CHAPTER TWO: PREHISTORIC DANGER

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
HYRULE FIELD

(Picture this /\. Now, triple its size and add a number of new areas. That's our Hyrule Field. \/)

The cinematic introduction to Hyrule Field is our first glimpse at a greatly expanded Hyrule. Our goal is the castle on the opposite side.

Truly, the once plain grassland has tripled in size. The usual and familiar icons remain, some remastered, others redesigned. Wild horses thunder past. Primitive Bokoblins patrol their crude encampments. Hyrule Castle stands proudly on the horizon. An owl named Kaepora Gaebora is perched atop a branch at the end of our first trail. This pesky, but wise reincarnation of an ancient sage is notorious for his long conversations. We cannot escape his endless chatter... Make sure to select the bottom option when he's done talking: "NO."

"Hoot hoot! Link... Look up here! It appears that the time has finally come for you to start your adventure! You will encounter many hardships ahead... That is your fate. Don't feel discouraged, even during the toughest times! Go straight this way and you will see Hyrule Castle. You will meet a princess there... If you are lost and don't know which way to go, look at the Map. The areas you have explored will be shown on the Map. Press + to enter the Subscreens and ZL or ZR to find the Map. On the Map Subscreen, you will also see a flashing dot showing you which way you should go next. Did you get all that?
('Yes' or 'No') All right then, I'll see you around! Hoot hoot hoot ho!" The wise owl flies off to pester someone else.

Hyrule Field is large and treacherous. The day and night cycle from the original OoT has been notably lengthened. If you're quick - i.e. sprint - and head straight there, you'll make it safely before nightfall. If you dilly-dally and explore, you'll get stuck in the field overnight. Once night has fallen, the undead Stalchildren will rise. The red-eyed skeletons are easy to dispatch, but will constantly return, one after the next. If you stick to the dirt trail, they will not rise. A Stalchild can be defeated with two hits, regardless of size. For every 10 Stalchildren defeated, a giant one will spawn alongside a regular sized Stalchild. If one is hit from the front, it will lose its head and begin wandering around blindly.

The seldom Bokoblin and even deadlier Peahat scarcely inhabit the field by day. For now, avoid any "nesting" Peahat, otherwise face a near-instant death. Bokoblins appear only at sunrise, vanishing at sunset. It is smart to evade any Bokoblin encampment found off the beaten path. Bokoblins found in camps do not vanish at sunset, but rather fall asleep. A sneak attack can be used on any unsuspecting enemy, including Stalchildren.

Beedle, the traveling salesman first met in Kokiri Forest can be found wandering along the main trail during the day. He currently sells Deku Seeds (slingshot ammunition) for 20 rupees, Deku Nuts for 15 rupees, and a Deku Stick Upgrade for 30 rupees. Purchase the upgrade and you will be able to hold 20 Deku Sticks as compared to the normal 10. Beedle will also purchase any spoils, including uncooked ingredients. At sunset, Beedle will see the rising Stalchildren and flee in a panic: "YIKES!! RUN BEEDLE!! THE DEAD HAVE RETURNED!!! RUUUUUUUUUUUN BEEDLE!!!!!"

Hyrule Castle stands on the horizon; a notable redesign from OoT. Castle Town stands in the foreground. The drawbridge is only lowered at sunrise, always rising at sunset. So... Time your arrival! Worst case scenario - you are trapped in Hyrule Field for a near-ceaseless night with an endless army of Stalchildren, and... Don't bother getting stuck. Cross the drawbridge while you still have the chance.

There is MUCH that can be done before meeting Princess Zelda. While some portions of Hyrule are still inaccessible, you do have access to several major locations, including the Lost Woods, Kakariko Village, Gerudo Valley, Lake Hylia, and Lon Lon Ranch. All these locations are filled to overflowing with various items and collectibles, many in which will aide in our Main Quest. For now, to optimize our story and path, continue forward into Castle Town.

CASTLE TOWN

The camera angle of Castle Town (formerly "Market") has finally, after twenty years, been UPDATED. The fixed camera position has been relieved. We now have complete control of the camera angle - FINALLY. First, enter the door found immediately on the other side of the drawbridge for Gold Skulltula #4 (#2 & 3 are back Inside the Deku Tree, but inaccessible). This is a guardhouse where the soldier on duty is supposed to be watching the numerous crates and jars so nobody breaks them... But, he's bored, so feel free to DESTROY EVERYTHING. In addition to a ton of rupees, a Gold Skulltula is found in the crate furthest from the door.

Castle Town is a bustling marketplace filled to overflowing with cheerful Hylians, the human-like denizens of Hyrule; note their pointed ears. The citizens move fast and offer plenty of conversation, but for now, head to the Shooting Gallery. It is indicated by the bulls eye right above the door. The owner of the shop is unpleasant to look at, but his game isn't. For 20 rupees, take aim in some colorful target practice. The pattern of rupees - that often move - is always the same, so it is easy to remember. However, if you just miss that perfect score, you can play again for free. A perfect score will win a Deku Seed Bullet Bag; you can now carry up to 40 seeds for the Slingshot, as compared to the original 20.

Afterward, take a moment and chat with Malon, the only redheaded kid in town. Malon giggles. "Hey, your clothes! They're...different... You're not from around here, are you? ............ Ohh... You're a fairy boy from the forest! My name is Malon! My dad owns Lon Lon Ranch! Dad went to the castle to deliver some milk, and he hasn't come back yet...." Odd. Next, head west (past the Shooting Gallery) and into one of the many back alleys of Castle Town. The first thing you'll notice is a shop with a large camera above the entrance. This is a new addition to OoT: Lenzo's Pictographic Art Studio.

Lenzo, the magnificently bearded photographer (pictographer?!) of Wind Waker has made his OoT debut. The oddball character is busy, grumbling away. "Darn solicitors... Always making a mockery of... Hey, you! Kid! Just what do you think you're doing?! This is a Pictographic Art Studio, not a playground! I suggest you take your business elsewhere! Humph!" Lenzo points to the door and, oddly, we are automatically shown out. Try to reenter and: "I said, 'NO SOLICITORS!' Now, shoo! Scram!" The door is locked. There must be some way inside... Instead, visit the neighboring Bombchu Shop. Though we cannot purchase the titular item just yet, the owner will remark that the crawlspace in the wall might "lead to something cool." Crawl through and you'll be taken to a small cave with a single rock-wall and a pair of bizarrely-located human skulls; these skulls can be cracked for rupees or hearts... Odd. Climb the wall (via stamina) and then the ladder. This will take you to a "secret" door. Enter...

What will we find?! Stay tuned...

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
This is a quick recap for anyone just joining my look at a remade Ocarina of Time for the Switch... This is what we've covered so far.

Chapter One: Curse of the Deku Tree

• Acquire the Kokiri Sword; Learn Sneak Attack & Basic Sword Combat
    [*]Collect 40 Rupees and Purchase the Deku Shield
    [*]Enter the Great Deku Tree
    [*]Acquire the Dungeon Map, Fairy Slingshot, and Compass
    [*]Collect 1 of 3 Gold Skulltula Tokens
    [*]Defeat Gohma, the Dungeon Boss; Gain Heart Container & Kokiri's Emerald
    [*]Acquire the Fairy Ocarina from Saria

Chapter Two: Prehistoric Danger
  • Traverse Hyrule Field
  • Upgrade the Deku Stick with Beedle
  • Enter Castle Town; Collect Gold Skulltula #4
  • Visit the Shooting Gallery; Upgrade Bullet Bag
  • Meet Malon
  • Meet Lenzo &...

Well, that's exactly where we left off. By this point in our Main Quest, our progress should be at:

Heart Containers: <3 <3 <3 <3
Heart Pieces: 0/5
Gold Skulltulas: 1/100
Wallet Size: 99 Max. Rupees

Inside this "secret" backroom of Lenzo's Pictographic Art Studio is a private showroom of sorts, a la Lenzo's gallery in Wind Waker. Only then will the old man spot us and instantly open his heart to our childlike visage. "Heh-heh. I suppose I misjudged you, kid. I see you, too, enjoy the fine art of Pictography. I have studied Pictography since... Oh, I don't know how long it has been. Go on, take a look around!" A number of color pictographs portray various locales of Hyrule, some familiar, others not. One image reveals a glimpse of a certain Skull Kid... Examine each pictograph (complete with verbal description from Lenzo) and, finally, Lenzo will fork over the Picto Box. "Young Pictographer... Handsome scholar... Brave, and artistic child... I implore you - take this! This Picto Box is one-of-a-kind. Gone are the days of taking pictographs in monochrome! Today, you become an artist in FULL COLOR!" The Picto Box, new to OoT (but not MM), will come of great use later in our Quest (and a Side-Quest).

If you step toward Hyrule Castle and wander a bit, time will pass and the sun will set. Return to Castle Town. Strangely enough, Castle Town is filled to overflowing with stray dogs overnight. THEY ALL LOOK THE SAME. Just different colors, of course. Head to the blue merchant's stall near the Bazaar and catch the white puppy running about behind the stall. Visit the back alleys and you'll find a door that is only unlocked at night. The woman inside has been desperately searching for her "Richard" and will grant you a Piece of Heart.

HYRULE CASTLE
Kaepora Gaebora awaits on the trail to Hyrule Castle. "Hey, Link! This way! The princess is inside the castle just ahead. Be careful not to get caught by the guards! Ho-ho-ho-hoot! On this ground, time flows normally. But time stands still while you are in Lon Lon Ranch or in a town. If you want time to pass normally, you'll need to leave town. Well, well, which way are you going to go now? Hoot-hoot! Do you want to hear what I said again? (NO) Hooo. You're a smart kid. Good luck, then! Hoot!" The annoying owl flies off. Noticeably, the daytime music of Hyrule Castle (although we never go in the castle itself) is new to OoT, but all-too-familiar.

Gold Skulltula #5 awaits in the tree where Kaebora Gaebora stood. Roll into the tree and the Skulltula will fall out. If you walk too far ahead, you'll find the area infested with guards. The guards are ridiculously fussy and will send you back to the entrance if they catch you. The first guard, however, will open the gate for a small bribe, but doing this is futile - you'll get caught regardless. Return to Castle Town. Malon is missing! Return to Hyrule Castle. She's back! Talk to her. "Are you going to the castle, fairy boy? Would you mind finding my dad? He must have fallen asleep somewhere around the castle. What a thing for an adult to do! Tee hee! Oh yeah, if you look for him, I'll give this to you. I've been incubating this egg very carefully... Tee hee!" She forks over the Weird Egg. The Weird Egg is not a Spoils Bag item, and cannot be sold or consumed. "Set the egg to X, Y, or R to incubate it. Hee hee! My dad is really troublesome, for an adult, isn't he? Hee hee!" At night, Malon will sing the famous "Epona's Song" in lieu of the triumphant orchestral.

Navi will note the small clifftop behind Malon. Climb the cliff with what stamina you have - literally all the stamina you have - and recover on the other end. Follow the path until you get to the end, then jump off on the other side of the gate (rather than approach the guards). Turn toward the castle and climb up between the two guards on the right and the single guard on the left; you should be unnoticed. Continue across the lawn and toward the far cliff-side. Via stamina wheel, climb the wall, and recover. Avoid the final set of guards and hop right into the castle's moat. Swim along and collect the Rupees along the way. Once at the end, climb ashore until you find a very sleepy Talon.

The Mario-like Talon, owner of Lon Lon Ranch, is plumb wore out near a mountain of milk crates. The Weird Egg has to be incubated for an entire night so it will hatch into a Cucco (Chicken) in the morning. Target Talon and show him the Cucco, and it will wake him up. "What in tarnation? Can't a person get a little shut-eye around here? Hello, and who might you be? Yep, I'm Talon, the owner of Lon Lon Ranch. I went to the castle to deliver some milk, but I sat down here to rest, and I guess I fell asleep... What?! Malon was looking for me? I'm gonna catch it from her now! I messed up bad, leaving Malon behind to wait for me! She's really gonna let me have it!" Talon frantically - and strangely - runs off and out of sight. Once he's vanished, grab the leftover crates and push and pull them into the water. The second one will fit right on top of the first, giving us the needed boost to reach the small crawlspace across the moat. Hop on over and crawl on in...

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
CASTLE COURTYARD

This beautiful garden of Hyrule Castle is littered with guards. The guards walk in circles and lines around the various topiaries and fountains. If caught, you'll be sent right back outside to the milk crates. You can stand behind the guards, but not in front of or on either side. Wait until they are on the opposite side of a barrier and let them pass. Trail through one final obstacle and enter the quiet part of the garden. A young Princess Zelda can be seen peering through a window with her back turned. Before talking to her, take aim with the slingshot and fire at the window to the right. Rupees will fly out; not to mention a glimpse at some familiar portraits (Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, Bowser, and Peach)... The window on the left has no treasure, only gags. Firing at it will result in a guard hurtling a bomb our way.

Young Zelda now has an improved cutscene and her own voice actress. A relaxed orchestration of "Zelda's Lullaby" plays throughout. "Who... Who are you? Is that...a fairy?! Then, you must be...from the forest? You wouldn't happen to have the Spiritual Stone of the Forest, would you?!" The Kokiri's Emerald glows from within Link's clothes. Zelda reacts. "The Kokiri's Emerald... As I thought!" She giggles. "I had a dream... In the dream, dark storm clouds were billowing over the land of Hyrule... But suddenly, a ray of light shot out of the forest, parted the clouds and lit up the ground. The light turned into a figure holding a green and shining stone, followed by a fairy... I know that this was a prophesy. I believe you might be the one... The figure from my dream... I am Zelda, Princess of Hyrule. What is your name? .... Link.... Strange. It sounds...somehow...familiar. Please keep this a secret from everyone... I am about to tell you the secret of the Sacred Realm that has been passed down by the Royal Family of Hyrule."

The cutscene returns our view to the storming heavens of Hyrule's Creation. Din, Nayru, and Farore depart once more for the unknown. "The three goddesses hid the Triforce containing the power of the gods somewhere in Hyrule. The power to grant the wish of the one who holds the Triforce in his hands." The Triforce floats in a beam of golden light. "If someone with a righteous heart makes a wish, it will lead Hyrule to a golden age of prosperity. If someone with an evil mind has his wish granted, the world will be consumed by evil... That is what has been told.... So, the ancient sages built the Temple of Time to protect the Triforce from evil ones." We return to Zelda. "The Temple of Time is the entrance through which you can enter the Sacred Realm from our world. But the entrance is sealed with a stone wall called the Door of Time. And, in order to open the door, it is said that you need to collect three Spiritual Stones. And another thing you need...is the treasure that the Royal Family keeps along with this legend... The Ocarina of Time!"

"I was spying through this window just now... The other element from my dream...the dark clouds...I believe they symbolize that man in there!" Link draws near the window. A number of decorated soldiers guard what appears to be the King of Hyrule's throne room. The vile Ganondorf enters. He bows before the unseen King. "That man with the evil eyes... His name is Ganondorf, King of the Gerudo. They hail from the desert far to the west. Though he swears allegiance to my father, I am sure he is not sincere. The dark clouds that covered Hyrule in my dream... They must symbolize that man!" Ganondorf turns sharply, spotting Link. Link turns to Zelda. "I told my father about the dream, but he did not believe it was a prophesy. But...I can sense that man's evil intentions. What Ganondorf is after must be nothing less than the Triforce of the Sacred Realm. Link, we are now the only ones who can protect Hyrule! Please!" Link nods. "Thank you, Link... I am afraid that man is going to destroy Hyrule. He has horrific power! We must not let Ganondorf get the Triforce! I will protect the Ocarina of Time with all my power! He shall not find it! You find the other two Spiritual Stones! We will get the Triforce before Ganondorf does, and then defeat him!" Zelda begins writing a letter. "One more thing... Take this letter. My attendant will guide you out of the castle. Don't be afraid to talk to her. Good luck, Link."

The armored protector of Princess Zelda, Impa, waits for us near the exit of Zelda's garden. She does not have a cutscene or voice actress; we already survived the longest cutscene ever... "I am Impa of the Sheikahs. I am responsible for protecting Princess Zelda. Everything is exactly as the Princess foretold. You are a courageous boy... You are heading out on a big, new adventure, aren't you? My role in the Princess's dream was to teach a melody to the one from the forest. This is an ancient melody passed down by the Royal Family. I have played this song for Princess Zelda as a lullaby ever since she was a baby... There is mysterious power in these notes. Now listen carefully... Memorize this song..."

We learn "Zelda's Lullaby," your first song. Impa will lead you out of the castle and back to Hyrule Field, just near the drawbridge. Impa looks toward Death Mountain, the next leg of our journey. "You brave lad... We must protect this beautiful land of Hyrule! Take a good look at that mountain. That is Death Mountain, home of the Gorons. They hold the Spiritual Stone of Fire. At the foot of Death Mountain you will find my village, Kakariko. That is where I was born and raised. You should talk to some of the villagers there before you go up Death Mountain. The song I just taught you has some mysterious power. Only Royal Family members are allowed to learn this song. Remember, it will help to prove your connection with the Royal Family. While you are in Kakariko, I implore you visit Orca, Master Swordsman of Hyrule. He might provide some assistance in your quest. The Princess is waiting for you to return to the castle with the stones. All right. We're counting on you!" Impa vanishes in a puff of smoke... We aren't ready to scale Death Mountain just yet.

Last edited:

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
CASTLE COURTYARD

This beautiful garden of Hyrule Castle is littered with guards. The guards walk in circles and lines around the various topiaries and fountains. If caught, you'll be sent right back outside to the milk crates. You can stand behind the guards, but not in front of or on either side. Wait until they are on the opposite side of a barrier and let them pass. Trail through one final obstacle and enter the quiet part of the garden. A young Princess Zelda can be seen peering through a window with her back turned. Before talking to her, take aim with the slingshot and fire at the window to the right. Rupees will fly out; not to mention a glimpse at some familiar portraits (Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, Bowser, and Peach)... The window on the left has no treasure, only gags. Firing at it will result in a guard hurtling a bomb our way.

Young Zelda now has an improved cutscene and her own voice actress. A relaxed orchestration of "Zelda's Lullaby" plays throughout. "Who... Who are you? Is that...a fairy?! Then, you must be...from the forest? You wouldn't happen to have the Spiritual Stone of the Forest, would you?!" The Kokiri's Emerald glows from within Link's clothes. Zelda reacts. "The Kokiri's Emerald... As I thought!" She giggles. "I had a dream... In the dream, dark storm clouds were billowing over the land of Hyrule... But suddenly, a ray of light shot out of the forest, parted the clouds and lit up the ground. The light turned into a figure holding a green and shining stone, followed by a fairy... I know that this was a prophesy. I believe you might be the one... The figure from my dream... I am Zelda, Princess of Hyrule. What is your name? .... Link.... Strange. It sounds...somehow...familiar. Please keep this a secret from everyone... I am about to tell you the secret of the Sacred Realm that has been passed down by the Royal Family of Hyrule."

The cutscene returns our view to the storming heavens of Hyrule's Creation. Din, Nayru, and Farore depart once more for the unknown. "The three goddesses hid the Triforce containing the power of the gods somewhere in Hyrule. The power to grant the wish of the one who holds the Triforce in his hands." The Triforce floats in a beam of golden light. "If someone with a righteous heart makes a wish, it will lead Hyrule to a golden age of prosperity. If someone with an evil mind has his wish granted, the world will be consumed by evil... That is what has been told.... So, the ancient sages built the Temple of Time to protect the Triforce from evil ones." We return to Zelda. "The Temple of Time is the entrance through which you can enter the Sacred Realm from our world. But the entrance is sealed with a stone wall called the Door of Time. And, in order to open the door, it is said that you need to collect three Spiritual Stones. And another thing you need...is the treasure that the Royal Family keeps along with this legend... The Ocarina of Time!"

"I was spying through this window just now... The other element from my dream...the dark clouds...I believe they symbolize that man in there!" Link draws near the window. A number of decorated soldiers guard what appears to be the King of Hyrule's throne room. The vile Ganondorf enters. He bows before the unseen King. "That man with the evil eyes... His name is Ganondorf, King of the Gerudo. They hail from the desert far to the west. Though he swears allegiance to my father, I am sure he is not sincere. The dark clouds that covered Hyrule in my dream... They must symbolize that man!" Ganondorf turns sharply, spotting Link. Link turns to Zelda. "I told my father about the dream, but he did not believe it was a prophesy. But...I can sense that man's evil intentions. What Ganondorf is after must be nothing less than the Triforce of the Sacred Realm. Link, we are now the only ones who can protect Hyrule! Please!" Link nods. "Thank you, Link... I am afraid that man is going to destroy Hyrule. He has horrific power! We must not let Ganondorf get the Triforce! I will protect the Ocarina of Time with all my power! He shall not find it! You find the other two Spiritual Stones! We will get the Triforce before Ganondorf does, and then defeat him!" Zelda begins writing a letter. "One more thing... Take this letter. My attendant will guide you out of the castle. Don't be afraid to talk to her. Good luck, Link."

The armored protector of Princess Zelda, Impa, waits for us near the exit of Zelda's garden. She does not have a cutscene or voice actress; we already survived the longest cutscene ever... "I am Impa of the Sheikahs. I am responsible for protecting Princess Zelda. Everything is exactly as the Princess foretold. You are a courageous boy... You are heading out on a big, new adventure, aren't you? My role in the Princess's dream was to teach a melody to the one from the forest. This is an ancient melody passed down by the Royal Family. I have played this song for Princess Zelda as a lullaby ever since she was a baby... There is mysterious power in these notes. Now listen carefully... Memorize this song..."

We learn "Zelda's Lullaby," your first song. Impa will lead you out of the castle and back to Hyrule Field, just near the drawbridge. Impa looks toward Death Mountain, the next leg of our journey. "You brave lad... We must protect this beautiful land of Hyrule! Take a good look at that mountain. That is Death Mountain, home of the Gorons. They hold the Spiritual Stone of Fire. At the foot of Death Mountain you will find my village, Kakariko. That is where I was born and raised. You should talk to some of the villagers there before you go up Death Mountain. The song I just taught you has some mysterious power. Only Royal Family members are allowed to learn this song. Remember, it will help to prove your connection with the Royal Family. While you are in Kakariko, I implore you visit Orca, Master Swordsman of Hyrule. He might provide some assistance in your quest. The Princess is waiting for you to return to the castle with the stones. All right. We're counting on you!" Impa vanishes in a puff of smoke... We aren't ready to scale Death Mountain just yet.

THE COLLECT-A-THON
We must visit Kakariko Village before we can even hope to successfully climb Death Mountain, Hyrule's resident volcano; the only mountain in Hyrule covered in lava flow and topped with a smoke ring. For now, continue east of Castle Town toward Death Mountain. Once across the footbridge, dispatch the lone Bokoblin (day only) and head up the flight of stairs. Kaepora Gaebora does not wait near the entrance of Kakariko. Thankfully.

KAKARIKO VILLAGE

The "Old West meets Bavarian" design of Kakariko Village has doubled in size; the original eight buildings are joined by an additional seven. A total of fifteen locales compose Kakariko in the adult timeline - one building under construction in the current child timeline. First, have a chat with Mutoh, the old man found near the big tree at the entrance from Hyrule Field. Mutoh is the boss of the bizarre carpenters found wandering aimlessly throughout town. Mutoh will complain about the lack of work ethic in today's youth, especially in his son, who supposedly mopes around town by night. Pleasant man, that Mutoh. He will, however, encourage we visit Orca, Master Swordsman. Orca, another character borrowed from Wind Waker, can be found in the newly expanded southern half of the village (to the right of the entrance). His house is marked with double swords above the doorway.

The elderly Orca has been redesigned as a member of the Sheikah Tribe, clad in Sheikah armor and tattoos. He's even traded his whaling harpoon for twin cutlasses. Unfortunately, his front door is locked, as he shouts "Orca, Master Swordsman of Hyrule, only answers to the call of the Royal Family." Fortunately, we have "Zelda's Lullaby" in our songbook. Play it, and Orca will unlock his door. Enter, and discover the old man busy in some form of meditation. His house is adorned with the spoils of a near-century in combat; paintings of a much younger Orca battling hideous beasts and villains, countless weapons concealed in glass, the trophy head of an unfortunate Bokoblin. He speaks. "You have come for some serious instruction in the way of the sword, yes? (Answer: Yes) Of course. I knew from the moment I laid eyes on you." His eyes open. "I am Orca, Master Swordsman of Hyrule. I am but one of the last survivors of the Sheikah Tribe. Impa has entrusted I remain in Kakariko in the hopes of one day training the Hero of Legend. That sacred, ancient melody in which you played... It gives me all faith to believe that you are that same Hero of Legend. Come, let me teach you..."

Orca's tutorial plays much like it would were this Wind Waker. Follow his instructions in sword combat. The Horizontal Slice (B), Vertical Slice (ZL-Target + B), Stab (Forward + B), Spin Attack (Press & Hold B), Sneak Attack (Slow Move & A), Jump Attack (ZL-Target + A), and, a new move: the Parry Attack (ZL-Target & A when the Starburst Glows). The Parry Attack is necessary in completion of our Main Quest. Orca will teach us more combat, but at a later time. For completion, Orca will upgrade our Stamina Wheel. We can now climb, sprint, and dive just enough to successfully climb Death Mountain.

The famous Cucco Lady (also known as "Anju") can be found flailing her arms about near the entrance of the Kakariko Graveyard. Always clumsy, the Cucco Lady has lost all her Cuccos (chickens). If we return all seven to the pen, she will offer a reward. DO NOT harm a Cucco; this will result in a "Cucco's Revenge Squad" of never-ending poultry that will attack you until you enter a house - or die. It is necessary, however, to pick up a Cucco and use it as a temporary hang-glider to access certain Cuccos. #1 is right near the Cucco Lady; #2 is on a ledge near the decrepit mansion; #3 is at the entrance from Hyrule Field; #4 is in a crate near the stairs to Death Mountain; #5 is at the entrance to Death Mountain. #6 and #7 are hidden behind a large gate near the Windmill. Use another Cucco to fly over the gate. Toss your "hang-glider" and #6 over the tall fence, then, climb the tall ladder to access behind the Windmill where #7 resides. Once all seven have been returned, we will earn our first Empty Bottle. Empty Bottles are used to carry non-spoil items, such as fairies, water, potions, etc.

You guessed it, yet another character from Wind Waker has been redesigned and introduced to OoT, following right in the footsteps of Beedle, Lenzo, and Orca. This time its Carlov, figurine sculptor. Carlov runs the Hylian Gallery found opposite Orca's house. Our color Picto Box obtained from Lenzo in Castle Town will allow us to present pictographs of characters, enemies, and bosses to Carlov in exchange for a figurine of that subject. However, the photo must meet a certain requirement to be accepted: 1) the subject is in the center of the pictograph, 2) the entire body of the subject is shown, and 3) the subject is facing Link when the pictograph is taken. An acceptable pictograph will be marked with a golden seal of Carlov's face upon being taken. Unlike his Wind Waker counterpart, Carlov takes, in his own words: "Seven years to complete a figurine." That's right. Fortunately, he can take an infinite number of pictographs at a time. We'll just have to wait seven years for the finished product. Completion of the Hylian Gallery is not necessary, but is a complete bonus of a Side-Quest. Certain characters can be missed if not pictographed promptly, however.

Next, we visit the decrepit Kakariko Graveyard...

Miru

Or just a comic adaptation.
Speaking of Epic Mickey, there was nearly a Racing game produced for the series. Seeing that sort of racer come to reality could be used to explain some events about the series.

Each “Cup” would be based on a Disneyland/DCA themed land (including a Downtown Disney Cup and a Hotel Cup), as seen in Epic Mickey, with a set of four tracks. These tracks would combine at least 2 IP/attractions together to form one.

For instance:

Fantasyland Cup
  • Vale of Wonders: Alice in Wonderland + Mad Tea Party + Aladdin
  • Dumbo’s Flight: Dumbo + Peter Pan + Casey Junior Circus Train + Peoplemover
  • Mutant Mountainside: Matterhorn Bobsleds + Expedition Everest + X-Men + Mickeyjunk Mountain
  • Wild Rider’s Run: Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride + all the other Fantasyland dark rides.

Last edited:

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
One thing that has not yet been mentioned in this walk-through is the addition of Sleeping. Like Skyward Sword and Breath of the Wild before it, Link can take a nap in any accessible bed found throughout the houses and camps of Hyrule. Link can sleep til dusk or dawn, recovering all damaged hearts, stamina and magic in the process. This is a particularly handy feature in the Hero's Quest level of difficulty where recovery hearts do not exist in the overworld.

KAKARIKO GRAVEYARD

The eerie Kakariko Graveyard is far more sinister and bleak than its N64 and 3DS counterpart. The only mortal inhabitant by day is a little kid who wanders around with a stick in imitation of "Dampe," the gravedigger. This kid is a tattle-tale, and will stop you from messing with any of the oddly movable headstones. For now, enjoy the ominous thunderstorm that rolls in and approach the large headstone built in honor of the deceased Royal Family. The headstones on either side belong to the undead Composer Bros., Sharp and Flat (who resemble Mario and Luigi). Reading their epitaphs will result in their vengeful spirits attacking. Sharp and Flat attack in a form similar to a Poe, a ghost enemy encountered in the graveyard after nightfall. Do not target them! Instead, use simple sword combat to dispatch them easily. Once defeated, the brothers will hint at being murdered by Ganondorf in exchange for their song that could rise and set the sun at a whim. Afterward, stand on the Triforce symbol in front of the large headstone and play "Zelda's Lullaby." This will cause a storm, which strikes the headstone into oblivion with lightning. A hole is left in its place. Drop in...

The Royal Family's Tomb is littered with skeletons. Literally, piles and piles of misplaced bones, skulls and rib cages... The first chamber is infested with Keese, the same red-eyed bats from Inside the Great Deku Tree. The unlit torches are useless (for now), so instead, dispatch all five Keese in the room to unlock the opposing door. Climb the massive wall at the foot of the door with your newly expanded stamina, and enter.

This bizarre labyrinth is deadly. The path is haunted by the horrific moans and appearance of ReDeads, undead humanoids. The ReDead sticks close to its concept art (pictured above), complete with bulging veins and ribs, nasty teeth, and a bizarre, almost tribal mask with dark holes for eyes; notably, blood stains the mouth of the mask. When Link is spotted, a ReDead will give a bloodcurdling shriek, its arms and jaw will stretch downward, and its eyes will bulge and turn red, momentarily paralyzing Link. They will then latch onto Link and consume his blood until shaken off; although two hearts will be lost every time regardless. Fortunately, a ReDead is best defeated with our newly learned Sneak Attack or Parry Attack. But for now, avoid their gaze as best suited and work around the steaming pools of green acid found throughout the chamber.

The final room has nothing more than a large stone with some kind of musical inscription. Press A to "check it," and Navi will read the notes of the "Sun's Song," a mystical piece with the ability to change the flow of time. Return to the previous chamber and use the "Sun's Song" to blast the ReDeads into a temporary paralysis. Exit the tomb.

Fortunately, the Kakariko Graveyard is still full of goodies! Use the "Sun's Song" to make it nighttime, then visit either headstone marked with freshly planted flowers. Pull from behind to reveal a small hole. The hole in the second row of the graveyard is home to a single ReDead. Play the "Sun's Song" then use a Sneak or Parry Attack to dispatch him from behind. Stand on the steps of the platform and play the "Sun's Song" again to make a large chest appear, containing our first Piece of Heart! Pieces of Heart, or Heart Pieces, are used in increments of five (previously four) to complete a new Heart Container for our health meter. There are twenty Heart Containers in all.

The other hole, found in the first row of headstones, leads to a single small chest. Open it to receive the Hylian Shield. The Hylian Shield is needed for Death Mountain, but is currently too large to use as a normal shield. Keep the Deku Shield equipped for now. Meanwhile, in the realms above, the Heart-Pounding Gravedigging Tour is well underway. Unlike the N64 or 3DS version, there is no set time of night for the tour to commence; it's all night long. The hideous Dampe, the gravedigger can be found slowly trudging throughout the graveyard by night. Dampe will take a small amount of Rupees to dig up the ground in search of a "hidden treasure." The location of the prizes are random each time, so just keep trying until you uncover a Piece of Heart. But, only have him dig the patches of soft soil!

With our newfound Empty Bottle, go to the grass near Dampe's shack and lift the lone rock. This will cause some bugs to scurry around. Capture them in your Empty Bottle, then head to the left-hand side of the graveyard, where you'll find a patch of soft soil with a hole in it. Release the bugs into it, and a Gold Skulltula will emerge; your fourth one thus far.

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
Continuing along with this personal pleasure quest! @kmbmw777 and @S.P.E.W, this one's for you! Haha.

There is an error in the previous post. We received our second and third Piece of Heart, not our first. The first was received back in Castle Town.

Our current progress thus far.

Heart Containers: <3 <3 <3 <3
Heart Pieces: 3/5
Gold Skulltulas: 4/100
Wallet Size: 99 Max. Rupees

Return to Kakariko Village from the graveyard and, if it isn't already, play the "Sun's Song" for nightfall. There are five Gold Skulltulas to collect here.

The first Skulltula can be found on one of the unfinished walls in the construction site. The second can be found on the side of the decrepit house ("the Skulltula House"). Roll into the big tree that Mutoh (the head carpenter) stands in front of during the day for the third Skulltula. The fourth is on the ladder of the lookout tower. Shoot it and climb up to collect the token. The fifth and final Skulltula is against the side of the building closest to Death Mountain. We should now have 10/100 Skulltulas. Visit the aptly named House of Skulltula, that same decrepit house we've passed many a time.

Upon entry, we are greeted with a gratuitous cutscene; one not present in the original game. The abandoned house is filled with cobwebs and furniture capped in dust. The once stately home of a wealthy family has since fallen into disrepair, inhabited only by the sound of crawling spiders. Decrepit portraits show the handsome men who once lived here. Link's creaking footsteps alert our arrival to some sort of creature - a horrific, half-man, half-Skulltula that suddenly drops from the ceiling with a ghastly shriek. Link draws his sword. The monster has a pitiful cry. "Wait, please stop! Have pity on me... I look like this - We all look like this because of the spider's curse." His children, also horrific hybrids, emerge from the shadow. The presumed man continues his tale, his human eyes weepy. "My children and I were cursed for our greed. We were once the richest family in all Hyrule! Ha-ha! We had it all... Endless jewels, fabulous riches... Then... This. We all look like this! If every Spider of the Curse in the entire world were destroyed, the curse would be broken. When you destroy a Spider of the Curse, a token will appear. Collect it as proof of your achievement. Of course, this is just our dream... You don't have to do it if you don't want to... If you break the curse on my family, we will make you very rich... Please."

Fortunately, we do have 10/100! One of the five sons has already been transformed back into a human as a result. He can be found doing jumping-jacks off to the right. He rewards us with the Adult Wallet. We can now hold up to 200 Rupees!

LON LON RANCH

Lon Lon Ranch is entirely optional, but filled with goodies. By day, Lon Lon Ranch has much to offer. Talon, the fat man we met back at Hyrule Castle can be found asleep in the large house. Talon offers a mini-game in exchange for our second Empty Bottle, this time filled with delicious, health-restorative Lon Lon Milk (which can also be used for cooking). The mini-game is a timed scavenger hunt to find three "Super Cuccos" in a crowd of "normal" Cuccos. The Super Cuccos are easy to locate. Simply watch their direction when Talon shoos them off at the start of the mini-game. Despite his promise of marriage to Malon, Talon still rewards you with the Empty Bottle upon victory. Exit the building and roll into the lone tree for a Gold Skulltula. Next, enter the wooden stable across from the house.

Ingo, Talon's disgruntled farmhand can be found hanging out in the stable. "I can't believe that I, the great Ingo, am working on this dump of a ranch! Because the owner is so lazy, I always have to do all the work around here! I, the hard-working Ingo, should be in charge, not that lazy bum!" Talk to him again for some useful information. "I, the great Ingo, am descended from a band of foul thieves! We once rode the back of Lynels across Hyrule Field! ... You don't know what a Lynel is?! Pfft. Lynels are among the most dangerous monsters in all Hyrule! Fearsome, vicious creatures from an ancient time... You would be wise to challenge a Lynel only if you're very well prepared!" Hmm, that doesn't sound promising... A stuffed Lynel doll can be found in Malon's bedroom next door; a lion-like centaur of sorts armed with sword and shield.

Visit the large corral found in the center of Lon Lon Ranch. A number of tamed horses meander about, including one pony, Epona. Malon stands out in the middle of the field, singing. Engage in conversation with her, and Epona will immediately run off. Speak to her again, and she will mention a song her mother wrote to calm Epona. Pull out the ocarina, and Malon will teach you "Epona's Song." NEW to the remake, Epona is now able to be ridden - even as a pony. Unfortunately, we are still too young to mount any large horses found in Lon Lon Ranch or randomly throughout Hyrule Field. "Epona's Song" can be played anywhere in the main overworld to summon Epona. Better yet, sword combat and the Fairy Slingshot can both be used while on horseback. Neat! Likewise, play "Epona's Song" for any cow in Hyrule; they'll offer free Lon Lon Milk.

Next, play the "Sun's Song" to make it night. Go to the outside of the corral and follow it clockwise, careful to avoid any attacking Guays (evil crows). A Gold Skulltula is found on the backside of the feeding trough. The tower-like feeding silo holds our fourth Piece of Heart. Push and pull the milk crates inside until you can access the small hole in the far corner. Crawl through to find the Heart Piece hidden in a haystack.

GERUDO VALLEY

With Epona, traveling across Hyrule Field is a whole lot faster. In fact, we can travel from Lon Lon Ranch to Gerudo Valley in a mere matter of a few minutes. Bokoblins and Stalchildren alike are no match for Epona's hooves. Our next stop is over at Gerudo Valley, a day's ride west from Lon Lon Ranch. Although enemy encampments can be found along the way, avoid them, for now, and continue toward the rugged buttes reminiscent of the American Southwest.

Once inside Gerudo Valley, gateway to the vast Gerudo Desert, dismount Epona and lift the trio of rocks near the water's edge. Snag the fleeing bugs in an Empty Bottle. The suspension bridge ahead leads to an area that is currently inaccessible. In fact, the incredibly tall and muscular Gerudo guards (female thieves) will shoo us away if bothered. Instead, walk forward from the Hyrule Field entrance, still sans Epona, and pickup the Cucco.

We'll continue from here in the next update!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom