Imagineering a Video Game(s)

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
Not that I should be starting work on another project while my own legacy project continues to rot in the design phase, but... I just had to start this thread.

Long ago, the magnificent @KingMickey created a series of threads both on Visions Fantastic and WDWMagic in regard to "Kingdom Hearts: Imagineering a Video Game." King would go into explicit detail - detail in which has certainly inspired my own work for years to come - on each portion of his games designed in succession with the then-new Kingdom Hearts II. To me, KingMickey designed Kingdom Hearts III and IV long before the real Kingdom Hearts III was even a concept in the real-world.

This thread is, for lack of better description, a place to share any ideas you might have in regard to "Imagineering" a video game of your own. It could be a new console, a remake, or an original game entirely. This is a safe place to design, create, and imagine just for a moment what it might be like to design your own hardware. This thread is completely blue sky and open to all, so feel free to pitch in.

PerGron

I have always wanted a Roller Coaster tycoon-esque game with Disney properties where you could create your own Disney Park. Create your own dark rides, roller coasters, restaurants, etc. and base them around the Disney properties that the game included. I used to have an outline of the in-game mechanics that I'll try to locate. I believe I called the game Disney Kingdoms (and yes, Disney's Magic Kingdoms is a mobile game but that's trash so it doesn't count)

Suchomimus

A remake of Jurassic Park Trespasser with more canon information and features; i.e., the original Jurassic Park set in 1993 instead of 1990, Albertosaurus retconned, Allosaurus, Baryonyx, Suchomimus, Compsognathus, Edmontosaurus, Microceratus, Gallimimus, Pachycephalosaurus, Pteranodon, and Dilophosaurus are added; better gameplay, less random weapons lying around and more puzzles to solve, etc.

Outbound

I'd love to see a 2.5D platformer along the lines of New Super Mario Bros. That wii game was one of my favorites as a kid.

The game could be set in Disneyland (or DisneyWorld) and involve Mickey, Minnie, Donald, and Goofy setting it out through the various lands to stop an alliance of villains. Each level is a simple platformer puzzle, except the final 5th level which is a boss fight.

Land 1: Adventureland
1. Tarzan's Treehouse​
2. Jungle Cruise​
3. Aladdin's Cave of Wonders​
4. Temple of the Forbidden Eye​
5. Enchanted Tiki Room (Boss Fight)​
Land 2: New Orleans Square
1. New Orleans Plaza​
2. The Blue Bayou​
3. Pirates of the Carribean​
4. The Haunted Mansion​
5. The Haunted Mansion Graveyard (Boss Fight)​

Land 3: Frontierland (Critter Country included)
1. Western Town​
2. Tom Sawyer's Island​
3. Winnie the Pooh​
4. Splash Mountain​
5. Big Thunder Mountain (Boss Fight)​
Land 4: Fantasyland
1. Dumbo's Adventure​
2. Peter Pan's Flight​
3. it's a small world after all​
4. Alice and Wonderland​
5. Snow White's Journey (Boss Fight)​
Land 5: Toontown
1. Steamboat Willie​
2. Gadget Go Coaster​
3. Toontown Neighborhood​
4. Roger Rabit's Spin​
5. Toontown City (Boss Fight)​
Land 6: Tomorrowland
1. Buzz Lightyear​
2. Star Tours​
3. The PeopleMover​
4. Space Mountain​
5. The Carousel of Progress (Boss Fight)​
I had too much fun making this...

Outbound

Looks interesting although I thought Space Mountain would be the final boss level.

The way I imagined it, the boss fight levels wouldn't have much movement too them, so they could be smaller structures. The boss for carousel could flip to other time frames to enhance their powers. While Space deserves a longer level with more varied enemies.

That being said upon review, I realize there should probably be a final final boss that represents the entire park. Maybe Maleficent over the castle. You have to beat all other bosses first, and then climb the tower to reach her.

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
Wow, I didn't expect this thread to take off; also, I totally missed the current Kingdom Hearts thread, thanks for the tip. ;)

I mostly created this thread with the intent of an HD Zelda for the Switch: The Legend of Zelda: The Hero of Time. Despite our 3DS remake of Majora's Mask and Ocarina of Time from the past decade, this massive game would cover both OoT and MM in an HD-3D world, greatly expanded, fully orchestrated, and reworked (but not too drastically reworked) for the modern generation.

The biggest thing - apart from stellar graphics, music and the same games we've loved since childhood - is the expansion of the Hyrule and Termina overworld, respectively. A scaled down "open world" aspect from Breath of the Wild is implemented to allow further exploration and a ton of new detail. For instance, in this version of Ocarina of Time, one can participate in sword combat from atop their horse. Their horse doesn't have to be a rescued Epona either; one can tame a horse in the wilds of Hyrule Field. Likewise, enemy weapons can be stolen and temporarily used while random encampments of enemies can be found throughout the overworld, often concealing a treasure. Also in OoT, particularly in the adult timeline, huge bosses can be found throughout random points of the overworld: the massive, one-eyed Hinox of Breath of the Wild comes to mind...

I could go on and on, and I will!

kmbmw777

I'd love to see a 2.5D platformer along the lines of New Super Mario Bros. That wii game was one of my favorites as a kid.

The game could be set in Disneyland (or DisneyWorld) and involve Mickey, Minnie, Donald, and Goofy setting it out through the various lands to stop an alliance of villains. Each level is a simple platformer puzzle, except the final 5th level which is a boss fight.

Land 1: Adventureland
1. Tarzan's Treehouse​
2. Jungle Cruise​
3. Aladdin's Cave of Wonders​
4. Temple of the Forbidden Eye​
5. Enchanted Tiki Room (Boss Fight)​
Land 2: New Orleans Square
1. New Orleans Plaza​
2. The Blue Bayou​
3. Pirates of the Carribean​
4. The Haunted Mansion​
5. The Haunted Mansion Graveyard (Boss Fight)​

Land 3: Frontierland (Critter Country included)
1. Western Town​
2. Tom Sawyer's Island​
3. Winnie the Pooh​
4. Splash Mountain​
5. Big Thunder Mountain (Boss Fight)​
Land 4: Fantasyland
1. Dumbo's Adventure​
2. Peter Pan's Flight​
3. it's a small world after all​
4. Alice and Wonderland​
5. Snow White's Journey (Boss Fight)​
Land 5: Toontown
1. Steamboat Willie​
2. Gadget Go Coaster​
3. Toontown Neighborhood​
4. Roger Rabit's Spin​
5. Toontown City (Boss Fight)​
Land 6: Tomorrowland
1. Buzz Lightyear​
2. Star Tours​
3. The PeopleMover​
4. Space Mountain​
5. The Carousel of Progress (Boss Fight)​
I had too much fun making this...
I love this idea, though I agree that it needs a final boss in the Hub area.
Wow, I didn't expect this thread to take off; also, I totally missed the current Kingdom Hearts thread, thanks for the tip. ;)

I mostly created this thread with the intent of an HD Zelda for the Switch: The Legend of Zelda: The Hero of Time. Despite our 3DS remake of Majora's Mask and Ocarina of Time from the past decade, this massive game would cover both OoT and MM in an HD-3D world, greatly expanded, fully orchestrated, and reworked (but not too drastically reworked) for the modern generation.

The biggest thing - apart from stellar graphics, music and the same games we've loved since childhood - is the expansion of the Hyrule and Termina overworld, respectively. A scaled down "open world" aspect from Breath of the Wild is implemented to allow further exploration and a ton of new detail. For instance, in this version of Ocarina of Time, one can participate in sword combat from atop their horse. Their horse doesn't have to be a rescued Epona either; one can tame a horse in the wilds of Hyrule Field. Likewise, enemy weapons can be stolen and temporarily used while random encampments of enemies can be found throughout the overworld, often concealing a treasure. Also in OoT, particularly in the adult timeline, huge bosses can be found throughout random points of the overworld: the massive, one-eyed Hinox of Breath of the Wild comes to mind...

I could go on and on, and I will!
I can’t wait to read it :)

Suchomimus

Then what happens when it gets to Avengers?
everyone-died-the-end-15009444.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom