Imagination Pavillion - What is inside the Glass Pyramids?

majortom1981

could be wrong

But at the very end before the doors to the outside isnt there stairs to go up?

I thought You could still go up there. i could be wrong though.

jedimaster1227

Start from here and go on through the rest of the pictures to see what is left of Imageworks (though the Kim Possible set has been removed to the best of my knowledge).

jeffb

But at the very end before the doors to the outside isnt there stairs to go up?

I thought You could still go up there. i could be wrong though.

The ciruclar staircase is still there. There is a chain that blocks you from going up. It is towards the end of the gift shop pretty close to the exit.

primetime52

My favorite part about the old Vision Works were those interactive green screen videos. I think there was a Western one, a space one, and a few others. That was one of the most fun things for a kid to do at Epcot back then. Does anyone else remember those? I think I looked forward to those more than I did for the actual ride (which I also loved as a kid.)

I also loved alot of things in the old WoL like Cranium command, that Goofy video, and those video exercise bikes that counted your calories as you pedaled through Disneyland.

mcranmer

Original Poster
Thanks for posting these great photos. I am now even more convinced that this space is the most under-utilized real estate in Epcot, possibly in any of the parks.

It looks like a large, sunny, beautiful expanse of space being used for nothing. What a shame. Hopefully, the powers that be will figure out how to begin to use this space for something awesome again.

disneytopdog

And the music rooms! Anyone remember conducting her own little symphony, or hopping on the illuminated musical carpet? How about the nail tables, where you could make designs? When it first opened (1982), most people did not have a pc, so using a "paint" type program was a big deal. :lol:

So many memories.

OH MY GOD...I remember those nail tables and could never figure out where I had seen and played with them at. Reading your reply opened up a "memory door" I always thought how comfortable it would be to stick my feet in those nails cause they felt so cool to the touch...I know I am weird....

I could have sworn that they were at a local museum where I live.

Didnt they also have a cold and hot thing that you touched and it messed with your sense of touch? Or am I just being weird again.

Captain Hank

OH MY GOD...I remember those nail tables and could never figure out where I had seen and played with them at. Reading your reply opened up a "memory door" I always thought how comfortable it would be to stick my feet in those nails cause they felt so cool to the touch...I know I am weird....

I could have sworn that they were at a local museum where I live.

Didnt they also have a cold and hot thing that you touched and it messed with your sense of touch? Or am I just being weird again.
There wasn't a cold an hot exhibit at Image Works, but there is one at the Fitness Fairgrounds in Wonders of Life.

jiminy.cricket

Aww...I miss the rainbow tunnels! I heard that there are currently no plans to use the pyramids because they act like greenhouses and it's hard to keep that area cool during the day...but they did have the ending to a Kim Possible challenge up there, I think!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Aww...I miss the rainbow tunnels! I heard that there are currently no plans to use the pyramids because they act like greenhouses and it's hard to keep that area cool during the day....
*cough* that`s a good one! Only one pyramid is glass, as mentioned above, and I`m sure the air conditioning is as good as it was in 1998.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom