Imagination! Construction at backlot

TestTrack

Original Poster
I just got back from Disney and at the backlot they were working on figments and those old paintbrushes previously in the ride were making a glorious return! It all looked very old school imagination!

General Grizz

MORE DETAIL! MORE DETAIL! MORE DETAIL! MORE DETAIL! MORE DETAIL! MORE DETAIL! MORE DETAIL! MORE DETAIL! MORE DETAIL! MORE DETAIL! MORE DETAIL!

...or pictures... ;)

*Gets VERY excited*

NowInc

Seeing how they havnt sold ANY of the old figments...I say this is probobly a sign of vintage figgy returning...or at least part of him.

TestTrack

Original Poster
sorry no pictures the windows were tinted VERY dark it was clear they didn't want it making it into the mainstream if I remember correctly there were also some ABC type blocks but I am unsure. I saw two models of figment being worked on and I was sure happy to see those old paintbrushes they use to "paint" with.

General Grizz

*Takes them quickly...then puts on Dreamflight music...*

*Oh no! It is only 33 seconds!*

*He then wants the entire 3 minute piece that SDS hasn't given anyone yet!*

*Oh, no! He remembers CBJ!*

*Goes to the Holy Mary of Mickey post*

*Sees no new news*

*Comes back here*

*WANTS MORE CHILL PILLS!*

Ahem ahem... :lol:

I am allright...I just have had a loooong day...and I am having too much "exciting stuff" happen while I am winding down...

TestTrack

Original Poster
BTW I got to be part of the backlot scene creation thing where you are being attacked by enemy vessels I was the mechanic. So If anyone was there at the same time and happened to see a mechanic frantically waving his arms that was me. LOL

NowInc

Well.they usually paint with "black light" paint for MOST dark rides..its a neat effect...and if im not mistaken..figment always glowed..a bit...

TestTrack

Original Poster
Originally posted by the_ceo_at_wdw
Does that tell us figment will be "GLOWING" in the ride??

No but there is a very good possibility the paint for something the were working on they wanted to give a "glowing effect" such as the paintbrushes it fits in well

Invero

Originally posted by NowInc
Seeing how they havnt sold ANY of the old figments...I say this is probobly a sign of vintage figgy returning...or at least part of him.

I was at one of the old warehouses a few weeks ago... Here's one of the old Figments :)

Attachments

• dcp01963.jpg
    dcp01963.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 453

Bimmy56

Since the voice of the original Figment, Billy Barty, has passed away, I wonder if they are going to use new material, or reuse his old dialog? Could that have been the reason that
they made the dubious decision to restructure the ride without Figment last year?

NowInc

Originally posted by Fantasia Boi

I was at one of the old warehouses a few weeks ago... Here's one of the old Figments :)

*sniff sniff*

Its so beautiful....figgy never looked better...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom