Imageworks - Can we make a difference?

misterID

I seriously wouldn't do anything until the saveWDW.com thing starts, which would address all of this. I still think if you give TDO a reason to put a small bit of cash into a little refurb like Imageworks it would set back the big refurb Imagination needs.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Original Poster
I seriously wouldn't do anything until the saveWDW.com thing starts, which would address all of this. I still think if you give TDO a reason to put a small bit of cash into a little refurb like Imageworks it would set back the big refurb Imagination needs.

You have a finely attuned sense of paranoia which I appreciate, but I seriously doubt this would happen. Either they're planning on spending 50 million on the pavillion or they're not. I think the most likely scenario is eventually there is some new version of the Imagination dark ride and no revamp of the play area. They're not going re-open Imageworks and use that as justification for not doing anything else. They've seen years and years of complaints on message boards about the dark ride. A gentle reminder that sometimes smaller scale things are fun and appreciated by guests can't hurt.

I'm not aware of SaveWDW.com, but it sounds like it applies to the whole resort. If successful, I'm sure many good things will come of it, but things like this work in concert with, not in competition with, the big goals.

EPCOT Explorer

We are working on it. :D ;)

misterID

You have a finely attuned sense of paranoia which I appreciate, but I seriously doubt this would happen. Either they're planning on spending 50 million on the pavillion or they're not. I think the most likely scenario is eventually there is some new version of the Imagination dark ride and no revamp of the play area. They're not going re-open Imageworks and use that as justification for not doing anything else. They've seen years and years of complaints on message boards about the dark ride. A gentle reminder that sometimes smaller scale things are fun and appreciated by guests can't hurt.

I'm not aware of SaveWDW.com, but it sounds like it applies to the whole resort. If successful, I'm sure many good things will come of it, but things like this work in concert with, not in competition with, the big goals.

Me... Paranoid?... :lookaroun

I just don't trust TDO when it comes to budgets.

Now, who do you work for!

We are working on it. :D ;)

:sohappy:

Horizons1

Sooo, are we looking at another D-Troops here?

magicmaya

Behold

imageworkstunnel1.jpg

imageworkstunnel2.jpg

I'm not the only one who wants to see ROY G BIV in action again so bring it back!

:lookaroun

magicmaya

Just imagine the rainbow tunnel with LED video!!!

I can imagine that! And then they could make different designs like polka dots and they could put music in there and sync it and everything! Oh well, I just want the tunnel back. It's amazing and even when they did build an imageworks downstairs, they could have moved the corridor down. That thing wasn't dated at all in my opinion. I'd do anything to walk in at again.

EPCOT Explorer

So, Evan, you know some snail mail addresses?

Actually...no. :lol: :eek: My litany of inane smilies was for the LED comment. Imaginative thinking there... Heh.

I've sent a few letters before, but I always forget to write down the address. :hammer:

You can search them, though. That's what I'm going to to do once I get it typed out. :lol:

The LoW thread had a few of them.

NewfieFan

Count me in! Imageworks is one of my fondest memories from my first two trips in the early 90s... I was quite disappointed when I went to take my own children and discovered it had disappeared! :(

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Original Poster
Actually...no. :lol: :eek: My litany of inane smilies was for the LED comment. Imaginative thinking there... Heh.

I've sent a few letters before, but I always forget to write down the address. :hammer:

You can search them, though. That's what I'm going to to do once I get it typed out. :lol:

The LoW thread had a few of them.

Thanks for the tip.

From AllEars.net:

Walt Disney World Guest Relations
P.O. Box 10000
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

This is the universal address! For example, if you want to write to the General Manager of All Star Music, or any other resort, address the envelope to the person and use the P.O. Box 10000 address.
Walt Disney World Guest Communications
PO Box 10040
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-0040

wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

Mr. Robert Iger
Chief Executive Officer
The Walt Disney Company
500 South Buena Vista Street
Burbank, CA 91521-4873

Mr. James A. Rasulo
Chairman
Walt Disney Parks & Resorts
Burbank, CA 91521-4873

Meg Crofton
President
The Walt Disney World Resort
PO Box 10040

Al Weiss
President
Worldwide Operations
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts
PO Box 10000

Letters to the Editor
The Orlando Sentinel
633 North Orange Avenue
Orlando, FL 32801-1349
Fax: 407-420-5286

EPCOT Explorer

Thanks for the tip.

From AllEars.net:

P.O. Box 10000

This is the universal address! For example, if you want to write to the General Manager of All Star Music, or any other resort, address the envelope to the person and use the P.O. Box 10000 address.
PO Box 10040

Mr. Robert Iger
Chief Executive Officer
The Walt Disney Company
Burbank, CA 91521-4873

Mr. James A. Rasulo
Chairman
Burbank, CA 91521-4873

Meg Crofton
President
PO Box 10040

Al Weiss
President
Worldwide Operations
PO Box 10000

Letters to the Editor
The Orlando Sentinel
633 North Orange Avenue
Orlando, FL 32801-1349

*bookmarks*

magicmaya

Thanks for the tip.

From AllEars.net:

P.O. Box 10000

PO Box 10040

Mr. Robert Iger
Chief Executive Officer
The Walt Disney Company
Burbank, CA 91521-4873

Mr. James A. Rasulo
Chairman
Burbank, CA 91521-4873

Meg Crofton
President
PO Box 10040

Al Weiss
President
Worldwide Operations
PO Box 10000

Letters to the Editor
The Orlando Sentinel
633 North Orange Avenue
Orlando, FL 32801-1349

**saves to microsoft word, then starts typing a series of sad letters of what magicmaya has been through in her life and why she wants it open again** :lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom