I'm not excited for Avatarland/Other attractions I wish would be built

Magenta Panther

I was just throwing out stuff that Disney actually owns. And Beastly Kingdom is what I was talking about as it was supposed to be in the original AK (the dragon on the sign)

I know many of us agree that there are some updates/changes needed. So glad they're removing the Mickey Hat.

7DMT is popular because it's still so new. Give it a few years, and non peak seasons and you'll be able to walk on like you can sometimes with BTMR.

Also, just because we have one Lion King/OZ/etc thing doesn't mean we can't have more. I miss Mike Eisner, he was always pushing forward.

I never thought I'd say this, but compared to Iger...I kinda miss Mikey too. :p

Dog Ate Mouse

One thing that I hear a lot is How is Disney going to compete with Uni. I think about this a bit and always come up with the same answer. I don't care. I will always go back to WDW and stay at one of the resorts and get a Deluxe Dining plan. Why is that, because I love my vacations in WDW and that is the simplest of truth's. Yes some things are changing, have changed or about to change. Some of it does bring me a tad down when I hear this, but when I get in WDW on vacation, I just roll with it and become a kid again for the time I am there. I have seen some things have gone away and I have seen something's replace and improve and yes of course other's I feel did not replace and improve at all. I am not an Avatar Fan or have seen the Movie. But from what I have seen from the small glimpse of what it is going to look like, does look very intriguing. Then add the new night show with a different spin for animal kingdom and I only see great things to come.

I do know one thing and believe it till this Day. Disney should be taking care of Disneyland and WDW first and for most before all the other parks. For Uni, I have been there and have and do enjoy the park for a day or two. But Uni IMHO does not have all the magic and fun that makes me and my family want to stay there for 10 days on vacation like WDW does. I say lets get Avatar land built and opened and get the night show in Animal Kingdom going and while all the hype and people flock to the park, it's time to rebuild MGM studios back and upgrade and polish EPCOT.

FettFan

Three things that Disney should have built instead of Avatar Land:

3. Bear Country/Brownstone Park. From the J. Audubon Woodlore/Humphrey (and sometimes Donald) shorts.

It would have been much cheaper than Avatar, as Campe Minnie-Mickey would have provided a nice frame to build on.

2. Australia.

A bit more expensive, but would have fit the theme of the park well, fitting alongside Africa and Asia.
Not only does Australia have some of the world's most unique wildlife, but Australia is practically a continent-wide Adventureland.

1. Ye Beastley Kingdomme. Because if you want to battle Harry Potter....you beat him at his own game.

Matt in the Hatt

Not even sure many people know about or even like Avatar
not trying to start anything (especially since this is my first post) but Avatar is the highest grossing movie of all time (second highest if adjusted for inflation). it has an 83% fresh rating on rotten tomatoes, 82% audience score. Also there are 2 sequels in the works (one for 2016, one for 2017)

HRHPrincessAriel

not trying to start anything (especially since this is my first post) but Avatar is the highest grossing movie of all time (second highest if adjusted for inflation). it has an 83% fresh rating on rotten tomatoes, 82% audience score. Also there are 2 sequels in the works (one for 2016, one for 2017)
I've never even seen it nor do I care to. That kinda stuff just doesn't appeal to me. I've never seen or read HP either. I have no desire or plans to watch it either.
That said I'm glad something new is coming to AK!

MissingDisney

I am not an Avatar fan, so to speak, saw the movie and appreciated the neat special effects but aside from that......ehhhh. I can't dispute what you state but others here have indicated future movies are in jeopardy for whatever reason. I'm not in the know. What I do know is that when I was shopping at Wal-Mart for Christmas gifts, the Avatar movie DVD was in a $4 bargain bin, $6 for blue ray. That is not a hot movie. Star Wars movies weren't in there. Neither were Tron or the Marvel character movies, (I know, I know, I'm just saying...)

I just think bringing Avatar is a little late. What if the movies are never made? I will say I am glad for anything new at Animal Kingdom and I hope it is beautiful. My boys are excited for it. I hope they aren't disappointed though when they find out there aren't really going to be 10' tall blue people running around.

copcarguyp71

I still scratch my head as to why a franchise that Disney does not own instead of expanding their empire. I am sure there is some sort of back door deal going on otherwise this just makes no sense to me. Every picture I see with Joe Rhode and any Avatarland related design the guy looks like he is standing there with a tack digging into the bottom of his foot.

The next time we plan on possibly spending any money is 2017 so I guess maybe we will see. I think the concept ideas I have seen are in fact cool and even if you are not into the movie it could be a neat experience. I have never seen nor do I care to see Song of the South but I absolutely LOVE Splash Mountain so every time I start getting down on the land of blue people I have to remind myself of that fact to try and keep an open mind.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom