Im New, Whats the best job?

SteelerGirl86

Original Poster
Hey guys, Im a new poster on here..and a freshman in college. I was just wondering what you all would say the best job to sign up for is.. I am a waitress at home but apparently CP'ers cant be tipped? So i was thinking, between like.. hotels/recreation/ride op. what is the best? :rolleyes:

justafigment06

Actually there is a role that is tipped. I cant remember what it is off the top of my head. You would have to go look back at the site. But I know there is one.

pluto77

You may not be able to choose your role as a CP, but you can tell them your 1st 2nd and 3rd choices during the interview and if there's any you definitely would not do you should tell them. I guess it depends on what you think you would like, but I've heard the good things from Lifeguards, Attractions, and Characters (although you need to audition for that one). I've heard good things from others too, but those just stick in my mind, maybe because I had friends that did those.
justafigment06 said:
Actually there is a role that is tipped. I cant remember what it is off the top of my head. You would have to go look back at the site. But I know there is one.
I think you're right. During the presenatation they told us that CPs can't be in roles that get tipped, like waitor/waitress, but when I was down there it seems like I met someone who was in role where she got tipped. I think it was in a hotel, maybe housekeeper :veryconfu

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Best "role"

There is no one "best" role (job) at Disney. I worked in Operations, which could be any number of things. I ended up selling tickets at Downtown Disney. I used to pick up overtime working at the parks and waterparks, I even picked up OT working Quick Service Food & Beverage (translated...fast food) and it was fun. Your "job" at Disney is what you make of it....but just remember.....IT IS A JOB!!!!!! You probably won't LOVE your job 24/7 but I was in tears my last day of work because I knew I had to go "back to reality."

~heather

SteelerGirl86 said:
Hey guys, Im a new poster on here..and a freshman in college. I was just wondering what you all would say the best job to sign up for is.. I am a waitress at home but apparently CP'ers cant be tipped? So i was thinking, between like.. hotels/recreation/ride op. what is the best? :rolleyes:

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Cirque

Cirque isn't a SPECIFIC part of the CP, but if you get an "Operations" or "Quick Service F&B" role you could TECHNICALY get "cast" there. I worked in the box office as a CP and there were CPs as ushers (get to see the show EVERY night) and CPs that worked the concession stands. I did not know a whole lot about Cirque Du Soleil before I worked there, but now I am in LOVE with the show!!

~heather

SteelerGirl86 said:
you worked at CIRQUE....OMG! lucky! i wish that was part of the college program, im obssesed!

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
SteelerGirl86 said:
aw..really..thats AWFUL...nice advice of you. Thanks but im going to go to florida..

I'm just being truthful. I've seen far too many CP's stay in WDW and never set foot in school again to not warn people.

Don't throw away your future.

dflye

Does Disney have internships or CP positions available outside of the hourly-rate park jobs?

While I will have to admit that I back-doored my oh-so-overly-paid techie job at Disney by riding on the coat-tails of a friend who got there first, what is the route in for those who don't have connections, and don't want to work in the parks? :lookaroun :veryconfu

My time at Disney was the point where I transitioned from a 5 figure salary to a 6 figure salary, so it isn't like Disney is hurting for cash to pay for skilled labor.

Question is, how do you get in the door without knowing someone? :veryconfu

coasterphil

mkt said:
I'm just being truthful. I've seen far too many CP's stay in WDW and never set foot in school again to not warn people.

Don't throw away your future.

Thats one thing my parents are worried about with me. They know how much I hate school, so they are worried that I'll just give up and work at Disney instead.

SteelerGirl86

Original Poster
awesome

well trust me, id have to come back..my mom would KILL me becuase she saw my brother do what your all talking about..He stayed for a good 5 years, about 4 of them were with Disney, but then he found better pay.. he was a junior in college too..but theyre not going to tell me i can't go..there s just alot of things i dont like about home (one being the fact that ive never lived anywhere else) they just think the "vacation" if you can call it that, would get it out of my system.. so we'll see..that Cirque thing sounds SO AWESOME, good god..ive seen that show like 15 times. :D

ah..p.s. steelers just won!

joanna71985

Mecha Figment said:
well as of now i'm going to be a character performer of the PUppeterr variety in the College program.. so perhaps i'll look you up.

You're so lucky! I hope to become a puppeteer and in entertainment on my next CP. How did they do the puppet part of the audition?

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Using sock puppets with eyes... not literally. Take two ping pong balls tied together. Loop them around the middle and ring finger on the hand you right with or are more comfortable with. Then you're singing a song using the ping pong balls as the puppets eyes and your hand/thumb as the mouth. Keep the eyes at a level and that's how you're judged.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom