Pre-Trip I'm Going Going, Back Back, to Poly Poly

I am roughly halfway through my TR from last month so what better time to begin planning a new trip.

When? November (3 days so far but we will be adding two additional days)

Where? Polynesian

Who? My Mother ( @luvinthemajik ) and I.....again.

IMG_20170828_155917.jpg

We are hoping my father may join if his work schedule allows. We will also try and convince my brother to let us bring his daughter since she has an AP. It will require her missing a few days of school though. And for anybody wondering why my wife has not been on the trips with me, its because she is going Italy with her Mom for 2.5 weeks in October. She used all her vacation time for their trip. But she has requested that her and I take a trip early next year (January or Feb) and wants to return to Yacht Club and stay on Club Level, so I better start saving my lunch money. She is a Disney snob (in a good way) but it is all Yacht Clubs fault! When we first stayed there (many moons ago), they upgraded us to Club Level and from then on she was hooked.

We have 3 days in a studio at Poly DVC. Waiting for two additional days at Poly or we may do a split stay and get 2 days at one of the Boardwalk Resorts. Its been a few years since I stayed at Poly. Mom and I stayed at BLT in August and seriously enjoyed it. Now we are on to the next monorail resort. Very excited to try the new DVC rooms and hopefully have a meet and greet with the O-town Ambassador ( @blgauger ) and her fiance. They shafted me in June when they saw me on the bus at AKL, hahaha

That is all for now. Will post updates as they come along. Have a great day everyone!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
The girls arrived this morning and have been having a blast today. They used online check in and everything worked out great, thank you @Tuvalu !!!

I definitely got "good husband" credit points by adding an extra day at YC. The LOVE the new room design and their Boardwalk/lagoon view. After reading @fractal 's TR at YC we we're excited to check out the refurbished! They are having so much fun and by the time they left Epcot earlier, my MIL decided to upgrade her park hopper to an AP!!! Disney conversion successful!!! Now I need to get her to join the forums here!

View attachment 261433

They are already discussing and planning future trips. Since my MIL is now an AP holder, my wife decided to teach her how to tell me that I'm #1

View attachment 261434

My wife had to tease me and send a pic of her eating an XL doughnut (which I love).

View attachment 261435

It makes my heart burst with joy that they are both there together and having fun. A few months ago we had no idea where her mom would be in terms of her health and now they are at WDW!!!

They just left HS to get back to the room and enjoy fireworks view at HS and Epcot from the balcony. I'm waiting on food pics and booze pics and will post more later. Thanks for following along

What happy news for all of you!! :happy: So glad that you and the ladies are all enjoying the vacation. (Will you have any pix of the refurbished YC rooms, at some point? Would like to see those.) P.S.: Those XL donuts look yummy! :hungry:

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
What happy news for all of you!! :happy: So glad that you and the ladies are all enjoying the vacation. (Will you have any pix of the refurbished YC rooms, at some point? Would like to see those.) P.S.: Those XL donuts look yummy! :hungry:
IMG_20180203_160017.jpg
IMG_20180203_160029.jpg

Her mom cracks me up.

IMG_20180203_160048.jpg
IMG_20180203_160054.jpg

The curtains have Disney constellations.

IMG_20180203_202922.jpg

Epcot Fireworks from their balcony

image000000_04.jpg

My wife said the new YC rooms are by far her favorite of any room we have had at Disney. She said it was very comfortable and luxurious. They only had the one night at YC and they are headed over to BW today for the remainder of their stay.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
View attachment 261499View attachment 261500

Her mom cracks me up.

View attachment 261501View attachment 261502

The curtains have Disney constellations.

View attachment 261503

Epcot Fireworks from their balcony

View attachment 261504

My wife said the new YC rooms are by far her favorite of any room we have had at Disney. She said it was very comfortable and luxurious. They only had the one night at YC and they are headed over to BW today for the remainder of their stay.

Very nice guest room refurbishment. I like how they went for a more contemporary, clean look, versus a nautical one.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
The girls had a great first day and finished the evening with fireworks in the balcony. Day 2 called for checking out of YC and checking in at BW. While they were a bit sad to leave their beautiful YC room, they we're also excited for her mom to check out BW as well. This is her first trip staying at Deluxe resorts so it is good for her to sample more than one, especially since they are already planning to return in May. My wife is getting to visit again with our April trip as well as an August and October trip and then her mom and her again for Christmas. She is quickly reaching @Tuvalu rank of frequent visitor!

They took the shirt drive from YC to BW to park the car, checked in, then headed to HS. They had a FP for Toy Story but first you know my wife had to train her mom how to properly do HS! Time for a morning drink at Tune In Lounge!

IMG_20180204_114637_01.jpg

And accompanied with some onion rings and horseradish

IMG_20180204_120103.jpg

After Tune In Lounge they hit up TSMM but she didn't take any pictures for some reason. After Toy Story they checked out the designs for Star Wars land and Toy Story Land. Rode a few more rides and then got the message that the room was ready so they headed back to get settled in and have an afternoon break/beer.

Her mom is already beginning to get her Disney merch and bought a Mickey bottle opener! And that is New Belgium Accumulation they are drinking, @lostpro9het (we got her mom off of Coors and into craft brew a few year ago).

IMG_20180204_164309.jpg

They snapped a few room pics...

IMG_20180204_144313.jpg

IMG_20180204_144321.jpg

IMG_20180204_153428.jpg

Next it was time to head to Epcot!

They had lunch at The Land Pavilion. They are both vegetarians (mostly) and ordered these. I dont know the names of them

IMG_20180204_190032.jpg

Looks like a veggie pita and asian noodle salad???

The rode Soarin and Living With The Land and her mom LOVED them both. My wife liked the new Soarin too, it was her first time experiencing it. Again, no pictures. My wife is not a big "whip out the phone and take pics" at Disney type and usually leaves it to me. Plus she wants to be in the moment with her Mom.

She did send me a pic of their dessert at France Pavilion tho!

IMG_20180204_203054.jpg

Yummy!!!

They browsed around did some shopping in the pavilions before heading to SSE

IMG_20180204_195544.jpg

They had a FP for TT but it was closed due to rain. So they trolled around some more and it was still raining so they headed back to the room and to their surprise, they could still view the fireworks from their new balcony!

IMG_20180204_210926.jpg

They had an awesome second day. I spoke with briefly during the Superbowl and I think today is MK! More updates soon!!

Last edited:

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
I just assumed it was due to the glitchy new changes made to this site. 😉
Have you had the full screen adds pop up yet? That annoys me. And the screen occasionally jumps when I go to click on something and then I wind up on the wrong page.

lostpro9het

Her mom is already beginning to get her Disney merch and bought a Mickey bottle opener! And that is New Belgium Accumulation they are drinking, @lostpro9het (we got her mom off of Coors and into craft brew a few year ago).
Coors to New Belgium...baby steps, I suppose. Maybe by this time next year we can have her up to your own back yard with Red Brick, Burnt Hickory, and Cherry Street.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
Day 3 contd....

The girls started the day at AK and the plan was to spend a majority of the day there as her mom was very excited to visit this park in particular since she LOVES animals. They sent me a picture before entering and this is why I know my wife is my soulmate. She is very proper and was raised to be extremely well mannered but my goofy and immature ways have rubbed off on her. This photo is a good example of that. For anybody who doesn't know what makes this photo funny, just ask for a hint.

image000000_05.jpg

The headed inside and grabbed some coffee on the way to check out Pandora

IMG_20180205_150335.jpg

IMG_20180205_135729.jpg

First up was Flight of Passage.

IMG_20180205_135856.jpg

They called me after they exited the ride and were both absolutely gushing over how much they loved it.

Next up was the Safari

IMG_20180205_172210.jpg

Now remember that this was the first trip my wife and her mom have had to WDW together and our plan was to hopefully get her to love it as much as we do. So far it was going well as her mom decided on the first day to upgrade her 5 day park hopper to an AP. As they were strolling through the stores in AK her mom decided to purchase a new holder for her glasses. She did not need to buy a new a pair but she wanted to upgrade her normal pair that had no "magic".

IMG_20180205_202045.jpg

My wife messaged to let me know our plan was working!!

They rode a few other rides and shopped for the rest fo the day (wife didn't send pics of that part of the day). She did send me a photo of this young girl and said they watched as the girl was extremely unamused by the dancers, lol
IMG_20180205_152243.jpg

they headed out early in the evening to made it back to the BW for Big River Grille for dinner.

IMG_20180205_193725.jpg

They grabbed a seat on the patio and enjoyed some.nachos and beers. We have had mixed experiences at Big River but they said this time was great and the nachos were excellent. I realize these updates are short, but since I wasnt there I am just posting the pictures and stories I have.

That's wraps up day 3. Thanks for following along. And our plan of getting her mom hooked on Disney was a complete success. They already have another trip booked and I'll explain the details of how of hooked she is now in the PTR, coming soon!!!! My wife is a member here and she will be participating in the PTR, and perhaps her mom as well... Have a great weekend everybody!!

Zipadeelady

Day 3 contd....

The girls started the day at AK and the plan was to spend a majority of the day there as her mom was very excited to visit this park in particular since she LOVES animals. They sent me a picture before entering and this is why I know my wife is my soulmate. She is very proper and was raised to be extremely well mannered but my goofy and immature ways have rubbed off on her. This photo is a good example of that. For anybody who doesn't know what makes this photo funny, just ask for a hint.

View attachment 264695
She's beautiful butt what is this hint you speak of.:happy:

amjt660

Premium Member

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom