I'm back and SHE SAID.....

Dizzknee

Original Poster
Originally posted by HauntedPirate
Congratulations!!! :sohappy:

I proposed to my wife in front of Cinderalla Castle, just before the Fantasy in the Sky fireworks show, and then after that we watched the MSEP from Adventureland. I flew down to surprise her (she was going with her family), and everyone knew about it except her. I'll never forget the look on her face when she saw me. If your night was anything like mine, you'll never forget it! :sohappy:

yep, a little different but I'm sure the feeling is much the same!

I can still hear her voice and see her hands grabbing her cheeks, the tears flowing from her eyes saying "oh my god are you serious?" oh man....what a moment!

I'm sure she would have flipped no matter where I said it but there were so many things about the day that all fit together..
Let me explain...

We were at the Swiss Family Treehouse and I gave her a quarter and said "make a wish" so she did. Now I knew what she would wish for ;) So all through the day I kept dropping little hints about how I want to be with her forever and stuff like that.
Well, once we found our quiet little spot and Wishes started I asked her "so what did you wish for" and she said "I can't tell you or it won't come true" So right then I walked over and asked the nice lady to take some pictures...I walked back over to her and pulled her towards me as if we were going to pose for the picture, I backed off, grabed the ring out of my pocket and dropped to one knee.....

Then the floodgates opened ;) I did miss most of the show but I could hear it and saw alot of the fireworks....Oh well, it was worth missing it. There's always next time!!!! One thing is for sure, that will ALWAYS be the spot we watch from!!!!

AliciaLuvzDizne

Originally posted by Dizzknee
yep, a little different but I'm sure the feeling is much the same!

I can still hear her voice and see her hands grabbing her cheeks, the tears flowing from her eyes saying "oh my god are you serious?" oh man....what a moment!

I'm sure she would have flipped no matter where I said it but there were so many things about the day that all fit together..
Let me explain...

We were at the Swiss Family Treehouse and I gave her a quarter and said "make a wish" so she did. Now I knew what she would wish for ;) So all through the day I kept dropping little hints about how I want to be with her forever and stuff like that.
Well, once we found our quiet little spot and Wishes started I asked her "so what did you wish for" and she said "I can't tell you or it won't come true" So right then I walked over and asked the nice lady to take some pictures...I walked back over to her and pulled her towards me as if we were going to pose for the picture, I backed off, grabed the ring out of my pocket and dropped to one knee.....

Then the floodgates opened ;) I did miss most of the show but I could hear it and saw alot of the fireworks....Oh well, it was worth missing it. There's always next time!!!! One thing is for sure, that will ALWAYS be the spot we watch from!!!!

:sohappy:
i knew she'd say yes!!
congrats!! im so excited for you, this story actually made me cry (but actually its not too hard to make me cry while telling a romantic story, especially if it took place at disney lol)
when the pictures get developed, dont forget us! :wave:

Kwit35

That is sooo Romantic!

I actually have tears in my eyes.
My husband and I are both volunteer firefighters. He proposed at a 60 car pile up! (no one was hurt, just lots of cars) Very memorable, but not to romantic. He had the ring in his gear for weeks waiting for a big call. This was a big one.
I think I like your approach a lot better!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

FanofDinsey1981

ayayaya for you! congrats, that is really cool. how did the people around you react?!

and if you need a shoulder to cry on while you are planning the wedding, I am always here for you ;)

and where are you getting married? any decisions made yet? (trust me, you fiance already knows. girls know. they have known since they were 5.)

Dizzknee

Original Poster
ok so I go to upload the pics and I can only do one...if I'm lucky
Do I really need to go back and adjust the size on every pic? How does everyone else get many pics uploaded on here?

Oh and no plans as of yet...just soaking all this in first!
Also, to be honest, I was oblivious to crowd reaction...I heard a couple "awwwwww" from some girls but there really wasn't many people around us...it was a quiet spot which was perfect!

Lovecraft

I was actually thinking of moving down to florida...some say I would hate it (I love mountains, camping and change of seasons) but others say I would love it....we'll see what happens ;) it's not ruled out!!

Congratulations to you!!

My wife and I loved our move to Florida. (I wanted to move more into southern or central florida but Lisa likes it up here in northern florida).

I wanted to tell you that the northern area of Florida is great for camping, canoeing, beaches, hunting, fishing etc. and has hills and almost a change of seasons -- no snow -- but we do have something similar to seasons here.

Just north there are mountains, west you have alabama, mississippi and louisiana all within a couple hours drive, which means excellent sporting, gambling and food options for a fun get away.

If you like horses, there are tons of horse ranches around here. (There are also many many in the Ocala area in central florida).

While northern Florida is not right next door to Walt Disney World, it is within driving distance.

So, beacause my wife and I love it here so much, I thought I would make a suggestion that you check out other parts of florida people don't usually think about when they consider moving to this state (which is part of the reason it is no nice here... it is still somewhat of a "secret" and our beaches, are by far, the best and most beautiful in the state and country. Miami Beach? South Beach? ewwww... when I visited these I thought, "man, I wish I were home, this sucks")

Congrats again! Move to Florida, you'll love it!

DiPSU224

Congratulations! That is so romantic! Can I refer you to my boyfriend for some ideas when we go in May? :lol: That is a dream proposal...

Again, congratulations and best of luck :)

Maria

Congratulations! Can´t wait to see the pictures!

You can upload them in your album in this same website (check the top toolbar in light blue where it says photo albums). The size can be big don´t worry, you have plenty of space there. Then, give us a link on this thread. Capisce? :animwink:

MKCP 1985

Originally posted by Erika
Congratulations! :sohappy:

Now snap out of those WDW blues! You have a wedding to plan :lol:

Come on, Erika - you should know better than that. His bride will do all the planning, and if she is like most ladies has been planning the wedding since she was a little girl! :lol:

Oh, yeah - congrats Dizzknee!

ImagineerFan04

Congrats and know all you need to do is have
you wedding at WDW

Congrats and best wishes:sohappy: :sohappy:

BTW that episode of full house was on last night on NICK@ night

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
gooood call man, during wishes. i like the set up all day thing with the tree and the "make a wish" thing. much like mine, very thought out.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dizzknee

Original Poster
Thanks again everyone...hearing great words makes it even better...It tells me if these people think it was a romantic gesture then she must have been overwhelmed with thoughts of the same. I guess I done good :lol:

I still can't post pics..the file size is too big so when I get some more time I'll find a hosting site and put them up there.
Sorry for the delay :(

barnum42

How does everyone else get many pics uploaded on here?
I've not uploaded many pictures (yet) but when I do I make a copy of the original then crop it (take out the surrounding junk) and shrink it in size before uploading.

There are lots of programs to do this, some free, some cheap, some very expensive. Your digital camera should have been supplied with a program to do this.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom