Illuminations

DisneyBound

I apologize if this has been asked a million times before. Where is the best place to sit for Illuminations? Should we get reservations at a restaurant or is there a better place to sit? The book says you can see from Rose & Crown and Cantina de San Angel but what's best to do? TIA

tjcjr

If you have an Annual Pass Disney now offers special seating across from Italy for passholders - first come first serve.
Otherwise, just entering Canada from Future World is a good spot not many folks know about. The Rose and Crown in the UK has outdoor seating so if you make a late enough reservation for dinner, you can view it from there. Check the "www.wdwig.com" site as they always have good tips and info from folks in the know.

Disney had a special area set aside at the gateway in between the shops (where the Character greeting is now) for people with children. If you get there early enough it is a great unobstructed spot and everyone is required to sit down allowing the children clear viewing. This was available last October but I am not sure if it still is now.

Upvote 0

leeocean

The tall building in Japan has a balcony that you can watch Illuminations from. Most people don't know that you can go up there but it's a great view.

Upvote 0

yensid354

Places to watch ROE

We've seen it several times and have had great views from many locations. One of our favorites is between USA and Japan, just west of the American theater. The 'globe' is docked right there, and motors out during the show. Great views.

One word of caution, pay attention to which way the wind is blowing. If you are not careful, you can wind up with a lot of pyrotechnic smoke in your face!

Upvote 0

Maria

Being that I worked there and used to do crowd control around Mexico for it.... I certainly tell you.... stay away from the mexican pavillion! The bridge is not a good spot. Then you have Norway, clear of trees, but the cantina blocks the view a little. If you are going to use the cantina as your spot, make sure you are seated right in the sticking out part of the terrace, so you get a better view of all WSC. The french Island (on the bridge) is also not good.... the big globe is too far and almost all the times I saw it from there, the smoke was very thick on that side and really disgusting. Same thing, but without the smoke, when I saw it from the Rose & Crown Pub in UK. I also watched it from upstairs the pagoda in Japan, but again, there are things on your way, same as if you watch it from the American Adventure, you can only see one side... From The Italy isola, I´m not sure... maybe the America Gardens Theater blocks the view a little?

If you only have one night to watch it, do not risk it, try to get to the World Showcase Plaza (the area in the middle of the "Tower" shops, right across from American Adventure. It´s a little steep, like a little ramp, people sit, and you are right in front of the globe and fountains, you can even feel the heat of the barge!. Then to exit, it is a lot easier, or you can even wait there for the people to clear, and then walk slowly to the exit while listenning to the soothing music of the park.... aaawwww memories! :animwink:

Upvote 0

skiaugusta

Can you see anything from Cantina de San Angel? I thought that was an indoor restuarant. My favorite way to see ROE is from under the bridge between France and the UK laid back on a pontoon boat sipping a drink and holdin my hunny. :)

Upvote 0

RobFL

Account Suspended
Well.. from experience...

The best place i've seen the show from was behind the trees in Germany, that little jut out near the glass shoppe and where the Tapestry parades begin and end. A few of the show elements even shoot out from right there infront of you.

-Rob

Upvote 0

Maria

Originally posted by skiaugusta
Can you see anything from Cantina de San Angel? I thought that was an indoor restuarant.

The indoor restaurant is called "San Angel Inn", and it is inside of the pavillion. The outdoor fast food area is by the lagoon, and called "Cantina de San Angel". It has tables around it, some of them overlooking the lagoon. :animwink:

Upvote 0

MKingdom25

I have actually never watched IllumiNations (yes I know, I have 5 times and should have seen it) and am hoping to see in when I go in July 2002. Does everybody enjoy it? :lookaroun

Upvote 0

DisneyGal

By far the best way to watch Illuminations RoE is by renting a boat and docking underneath the bridge near UK, but if I couldn't do that than I would pick Japan. I have always had a great view there no matter what!!!

Upvote 0

Stellajack

'ILLUMINATIONS'

My favorite spot is in Italy (with a cup of cappucino). After you spend some time in the World Showcase, you'll have a better feel for where you would like to view the "show".

Upvote 0

WDWGuy

Hi everybody!

Please be aware that the passholder viewing area for Reflections of Earth across from the Italy pavillion was only a test and has been discontinued for the time being.

Perhaps they will bring it back at a later date, but as of last night it does not exist anymore.

WDWGuy

Upvote 0

DisneyCP2000

One thing to remember - Always have the wind at your back. I've had a couple of viewings where i had debris fly in my eye, ouchy! The wind usually goes west (UK's way), so keep an eye out for that. To make sure which way the wind is blowing, check out the flag on top of American Adventure. See which way the wind is blowing and head to a perfect location.

Upvote 0

Dizzywirled

Hi All...

I recently watched Illuminations fron the patio of the Rose and Crown. Bought a couple of "pops" from the vendor stand and enjoyed both. Try to get there a little early because there is no reserved seating...its first come first served.

Upvote 0

tigger1968

We have watched from the Cantina before and thought the view was good. The biggest problem is that most of the guide books mention this place, and it starts filling up VERY early. We had a table, and had a number of very rude folks crowd around us so they could get a better view. It was very crowded, but we had some food and some margaritas while we waited, so that helped!:D

Upvote 0

degunter

Fourth of July

Does anyone know if Disney will be adding the Star Spangled Banner Tag at the end of Illuminations for the 4th of July? I have seen it on the 4th three times but not since 1999. I saw the video from last year and I like the Star Spangled Banner with Sandi Patti version much much more. And on top of that, I think it would really make it that much better because of all that has happened this year!!!

How would one find out what is planned?

Thanks.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom