Illuminations: We Go On...my anthem

mkepcotmgmak

Originally posted by Pixie Duster
I'm sorry guys, but once a parade is gone, it's pretty much done.

yeah - tapestry of nations ends... tapestry of dreams begins... HA!
:rolleyes:

anyway - ToD was VERY emotional to me, it tugged at my heart, mainly watching all those kid's eyes light up with the big puppets! it was a PERFECT prolouge to illuminations!

colliera

Best part

While my daughter and I disagree on what movement of the RoE is the best We Go On is by far my favorite. As a side note, in the original presentation in 2000 WGO was played AFTER the RoE fireworks presentation. This was aggravating in that the crowds bolting for the exit were too noisy to appreciate the beauty of the song. Now that it's incorporated into the fireworks show it receives the attention it deserves and strengthens the emotional content of the presentation.

KevinPage

I'm a "Promise" fan, the song they play LAST after Illuminations ends. Then again, I'm partial to it, since it is my wife & I wedding song :)

Pippa

I used the RoE score for a piece of choreography I did last year at my dance school and the music moved the parents of the students to tears and they haven't even been to WDW, nice to know the Disney magic is still alive!!

raven

Originally posted by KevinPage
I'm a "Promise" fan, the song they play LAST after Illuminations ends. Then again, I'm partial to it, since it is my wife & I wedding song :)

See? I told you it was great for a wedding! :D

wyldstalyn84

colliera said:
While my daughter and I disagree on what movement of the RoE is the best We Go On is by far my favorite. As a side note, in the original presentation in 2000 WGO was played AFTER the RoE fireworks presentation. This was aggravating in that the crowds bolting for the exit were too noisy to appreciate the beauty of the song. Now that it's incorporated into the fireworks show it receives the attention it deserves and strengthens the emotional content of the presentation.
Still think the best part is when they are moving the globe to the center of the lake and they are playing those tribal drums. I just think it sounds cool, but all in all the whole thing is amazing.

dixiegirl

wyldstalyn84 said:
Still think the best part is when they are moving the globe to the center of the lake and they are playing those tribal drums. I just think it sounds cool, but all in all the whole thing is amazing.

ohyes love that....how you can feel that drum beat in your chest....i love that..that song we go on always get to me....actually the whole illuminations..from the 5 minute warning of illuminations starting till the end...its such a beautiful show... :sohappy:

16 more days till i get to see it!!

colliera

?!?

wyldstalyn84 said:

Globe? What globe? There's a globe? :confused:

JeffH

I remember the 1st time I heard it over half a decade ago

It was the 1st weekend in October right at the start of the Millenium celebration (I guess that was in 1999). We were watching the new Reflections show from the Japan Pavilion (after having the required shaved ices). My daughter was sitting on top of my brothers shoulders and I stood beside marvelling at the new show and the music, and when the new Reflections music kicked in, a deep happiness swelled up from within (a little tear, a nervous little inside laugh, tingling all over). Tied together with the amazing Tapestry parade(s), and all the giant torches, the new mood created around the World Showcase was amazing, and the Reflections show and music really topped off the evening.

Connor002

does anyone know were i can get the song (besides buying the CD)

i'm having trouble remembering it :brick:

it would be in sorcer radio's Nighttime Spetacular, right?

FigmentJedi

We Go On is a fine piece, a bit overused in non Disney fireworks sometimes(even at the Boy Scout Jamboree's Fireworks display in addition to most of the main score of Illuminations, basically that whole track on the CD except for the Chaos sequence...), but nonetheless it is still a powerful piece of music

PaisleyMF

The whole score to Illuminations:RoE is so amaizing. Last time at Disney World didn't get the Chance to see it, (i was on a very, very thight timeline) but saw part of it over the Millenium Coverege at ABC and CNN (what a day was that). But "We Go On" got a new meaning as Golden Dream does after 9/11. I know is kinda hard to but someone has to mention it.

And As for "Promise", in vocals like (Luther Vandross, RIP) or Brian McKnight would be the best wedding song ever.

RickEff

Connor002 said:
does anyone know were i can get the song (besides buying the CD)

i'm having trouble remembering it :brick:

it would be in sorcer radio's Nighttime Spetacular, right?
To help jog your memory, click here for a link to Amazon where the CD is located. You can then at least listen to 30 seconds of each song.

Rick

Connor002

RickEff said:
To help jog your memory, click here for a link to Amazon where the CD is located. You can then at least listen to 30 seconds of each song.

Rick

that worked perfectly, i can remember it now, and i do get teary-eyed when i head that, there's just somthing about that and the national anthem that get me:cry:

now i'm really missing disney...:cry:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom