Illuminations viewing

ml123_9

Original Poster
Hello all, we are returning to the world the end of September and we have never seen Illuminations. So we were wondering what the best viewing area is and how long before the show starts should we stake out our place? Thanks in advance.

Mukta

The view for Illuminations is great from almost anywhere around the lagoon. In September, I usually get a spot 20-40 minutes before show time.

If you have a smartphone, this website (wdwmagic) has a link that shows you which way the smoke is blowing that night. It would be best to pick a spot based on that.

MUTZIE77

As said above i try to find the way the wind is blowing to avoid the smoke, then i find a spot right near the railing. I also try to stand near one of the large torches that are lit. I find that it adds to the atmosphere and anticipation.

CaptainShortty

I've seen it from every country and my two favorite spots are Italy or Germany. It def. depends on where the wind is blowing though. And I generally grab my dessert and get there about a half hour before it starts depending on how busy it is.

WDWFanBoyPaul

I've caught it in Mexico and had a fantastic viewing, but that was before the refurb, so I'm not sure what the layout of the patio is anymore.

I have several spots, but one of my favorites is grabbing fish and chips in England, and then getting a table by the waterfront. Cause nothing beats chips and a show.. :)

DrummerAlly

The absolute best spot is from a table on the deck of the Rose and Crown. We did this during dinner last time and had one of our best experiences at WDW.

Aside from the Rose and Crown our go to location is always Morocco. Like other posters said, its important to note the wind direction and then go upwind so you don't have smoke in your face.

disney magic 06

It definately depends on the wind direction. We got a pint each from Rose & Crown and headed off to Showcase Plaza, wrong decision, she ended up with a topping of ash on her beer - bad times! I was fine, mine was all gone by then :ROFLOL:

JillC LI

The absolute best spot is from a table on the deck of the Rose and Crown. We did this during dinner last time and had one of our best experiences at WDW.

I was just about to post this myself, in literally the exact same words, right down to our recent dinner there in March! It truly was a memorable experience.

lbrad

I was just about to post this myself, in literally the exact same words, right down to our recent dinner there in March! It truly was a memorable experience.

So happy to hear!!!
DH & I will be dining @ Rose & Crown for dinner & Illuminations Oct. 1st:wave:

DrummerAlly

So happy to hear!!!
DH & I will be dining @ Rose & Crown for dinner & Illuminations Oct. 1st:wave:

You wont be disappointed!

We were really worried because all we were able to book was a 7pm reservation (illuminations being at 9). We thought that they would rush us out before illuminations. I mentioned to the waitress that "we weren't in a rush" and she said (in a great Irish accent) "you want to stay for the fireworks, no problem at all". We started with beers and appetizers, she waited the perfect amount of time before bringing out our entrees, and then timed it so that we could order dessert just before illuminations started. It was magical.

If she had been an American, she might have been bothered that we took so long over dinner.

What was weird that night is that the R&C deck was mostly empty. Even after illuminations started! They could have fit atleast 10 more parties out there. :shrug:

CaptainShortty

You wont be disappointed!

We were really worried because all we were able to book was a 7pm reservation (illuminations being at 9). We thought that they would rush us out before illuminations. I mentioned to the waitress that "we weren't in a rush" and she said (in a great Irish accent) "you want to stay for the fireworks, no problem at all". We started with beers and appetizers, she waited the perfect amount of time before bringing out our entrees, and then timed it so that we could order dessert just before illuminations started. It was magical.

If she had been an American, she might have been bothered that we took so long over dinner.

What was weird that night is that the R&C deck was mostly empty. Even after illuminations started! They could have fit atleast 10 more parties out there. :shrug:

Alas, if she was working in Rose & Crown, she could not be an American.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom