Illuminations: Sky Dance!

JEANYLASER

Original Poster
2009 - Illuminations: Sky Dance - Rumor - (1/22/08) I don't know much about this yet, but I'm starting to hear rumors that a new version of Illuminations may be in the works to replace Reflections of Earth as early as 2009. The working title being tossed around is said to be Illuminations: Sky Dance and by no coincidence Don Dorsey's website does list something called Sky Dance as one of three current projects they are working on. Don Dorsey has had a long involvement with Disney's past big nighttime spectaculars: Reflections of Earth, Fantasmic, Sorcery In The Sky and even the original Main Street Electrical Parade. Anyone know more?

that is from Screamscape!
:cool:

bluejayx

This rumor come up every once in a while for like the last three years, but no big deal. i say as many will say, when you see it is when you believe it.:)

goodolgm

Screamscape (definitely not to be taken 100% truth EVER) or not, it's a constantly-rehashed rumor, that someone is lucky enough to claim they are the source when it becomes official.

See: Spaceship Earth Wand Removal for a perfect example of this. People have been saying it for years now, and it only became reality this past spring/summer. And, naturally, when it's announced, everyone goes "SEE, I TOLD YOU!"

EPCOT Explorer

:cry:

While I'm all for new nighttime shows-especially in EPCOT...I just don't wanna see ROE go.That is EPCOT CENTER and Disney core values at it's greatest.

*Hums "We Go On"*

fizzle75

I just don't know if I'm ready to give up Reflections of Earth yet! My wife and I love ROE and have a strong emotional attachment to it, we especially love the score for the show(it almost never leaves the CD player in my car). I'm sure I'll enjoy whatever the new show ends up being but I'll sure miss ROE.

A stupid question...
What was the name of the show before ROE?

donaldfan

Honestly, I don't see why they would replace ROE anytime soon. I wouldn't be surprised if it was just a new finale to replace "We Go On", since the lyrics reference the millenium. I wouldn't mind that.

Also, everytime I've spoken to one of the tech managers after the show, they keep saying that this show is going no where and that there is a plan to rehab the globe. (still after the other false starts) I know that doesn't mean anything 100% concrete, but I imagine that level of entertainment manager is fairly familiar with what is going on.

daguru

Like some of the others have said, I'm not ready for it to leave yet..... That was the first fireworks my wife and I saw on our honeymoon (also my first really Disney fireworks), so RoE and Tapestry were like the soundtrack of our wedding/honeymoon.....

If/when it goes away, I shall be very sad....

EPCOT Explorer

I just don't know if I'm ready to give up Reflections of Earth yet! My wife and I love ROE and have a strong emotional attachment to it, we especially love the score for the show(it almost never leaves the CD player in my car). I'm sure I'll enjoy whatever the new show ends up being but I'll sure miss ROE.

A stupid question...
What was the name of the show before ROE?

IllumiNations 98 and preceding that was...
IllumiNations 25 "A and B"
IllumiNations ...
Laserphonic Fantasy...and
Carnival de Lumiere

Martin,corect me if I'm wrong.:animwink:

dixiegirl

Thats ditto for us!!!! Our girls as well who have been listening to the ROE Soundtrack in the car now for quite a few years love seeing Illuminations, to me the trip to disney just would not be complete without it!!! Something about the music and the whole meaning about it, I get that heavy feeling in my chest every time I Watch it very emtional.

scpergj

I just don't know if I'm ready to give up Reflections of Earth yet! My wife and I love ROE and have a strong emotional attachment to it, we especially love the score for the show(it almost never leaves the CD player in my car).

I don't have that problem...I have a couple of hours of EPCOT music on my MP3 player, and that plugs right into my dash. No CD's, plenty of EPCOT music!

Kevin

Skippy

So many people praising RoE for its message of "We Go On" yet not so ready to actually move on to a new show. :)

I love the show, love the music (think I'll turn it on now), but it's been around for almost 9 years. I'm sure the next show will have a fantastic score as well. Quite frankly I think Wishes' presentation is a little better.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom