• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

News IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced in 2019

MisterPenguin

Rumormonger
Premium Member
... and what is?

The inclusions of IP, correct? 🤦🏼‍♂️
Now you can get angry!

Also... the current iteration's infrastructure is falling apart. So, WDW has the decision: spend the money to fix it, or, spend the same amount to do something new which generally drives up numbers. [The same decision which led to GMR becoming MMRR.]

And since Epcot's numbers have been flat and about to be embarrassed by being the least attended Disney park in Orlando once SWL opens... they chose to go with a new show.

Which has IP.

Which is so complicated with floats and drones and lasers and projections and sharks, that it can't be ready in time for 2019 to counteract the SWL onslaught. So... they're doing an interim show dedicated to Epcot for one year ( Oct 2019- Sept 2020).

Then the IP show in Oct 2020.

Then you can storm Epcot with torches, because the current ones may be gone! (Rotting gas pipes.)

AJH219

If only Rivers of Light had been better perceived.
Yep. Every single person who bemoaned ROL, myself included, is to blame for the downfall of ROE. Its what we get for being ungrateful that WDW created a non-IP show and calling it an uninspired snooze-fest. When it really isn't. A perfect show? No. But it is a gem. Now because it flopped, we'll never get an original nighttime show again.

*Q*

I don’t disagree with you at all but that show and some of the other Disney themed halftime shows are generally accepted as being the worst halftime shows for the Superbowl.
That wouldn't surprise me. It's more like an Olympics ceremony. Seems a little high-brow for the average football fan.

MaximumEd

Underground gas lines for the past 25-30 years have been polyethylene plastic. Unless the portion you’re referring to is above ground or in the torch base.
That’s not always the case, plus these are almost 40 years old and, in that case, most likely coated steel. Still, as I’ve said previously, inserting a steel casing with plastic, or using a boring rig and shooting in a new plastic service to each torch isn’t a difficult thing to do. If they aren’t keeping the torches, it’s because they don’t want to, not because they can’t.

HMF

That’s not always the case, plus these are almost 40 years old and, in that case, most likely coated steel. Still, as I’ve said previously, inserting a steel casing with plastic, or using a boring rig and shooting in a new plastic service to each torch isn’t a difficult thing to do. If they aren’t keeping the torches, it’s because they don’t want to, not because they can’t.
Uh, The torches were added in 1999.

mnelson3

Yep. Every single person who bemoaned ROL, myself included, is to blame for the downfall of ROE. Its what we get for being ungrateful that WDW created a non-IP show and calling it an uninspired snooze-fest. When it really isn't. A perfect show? No. But it is a gem. Now because it flopped, we'll never get an original nighttime show again.
They should be trying to fix/remake RoL instead of messing with RoE. If RoL had the WoC infrastructure I think it would have been way more popular, not to mention easier to update and change the show. They probably wanted to do something different but different isn’t always better, than something that has been proven successful elsewhere.

Hopefully after the Illuminations 2020 replacement the next project will be RoL. Well, or F!... not sure which is in more diar need of attention.

Top Bottom