IllumiNations pre-show music loop

trainplane3

giphy.gif

Well look at that... I had just ordered that CD anyways because one of the other tracks is on there. Happy coincidence.
Nice. Glad I could sorta help with your unknowingly solved hunt haha

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Does anyone know if there's a pattern or some way to tell which pre-show loop will be playing on a given night? We rescheduled our November trip to August to see IllumiNations one last time (and to avoid Star Wars) and I'd be super disappointed if it wasn't the original loop.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Does anyone know if there's a pattern or some way to tell which pre-show loop will be playing on a given night? We rescheduled our November trip to August to see IllumiNations one last time (and to avoid Star Wars) and I'd be super disappointed if it wasn't the original loop.
Its completely random every night. For example, last night the 2004 loop played. Yet just three nights ago, it was the original.
This. It’s often chosen by the toss of a coin.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
You have to hunt around the Internet for them to create a playlist but these are my favorites:
  • Falling Through a Cloud (Uttara-Kuru)
  • Busindre Reel (Hevia)
  • Gaviotes (Hevia)
  • Tula (Cusco)
  • Our Life (Uttara-Kuru)
I still get goosebumps every time I hear Our Life...

I can't hear this song without thinking of the narrator saying "Ladies and Gentlemen, in just 5 minutes. . ."

I was able to cobble together the original playlist:

They Were Dancing Barefoot - Spotify
Superwasp/Along the Coast of Norway/Neckbuster - Purchased on Amazon
Native Funk - Spotify
Flute Battle - Spotify
The Concertina Set - Purchased on Amazon
Imeland - Bought "Nordic Roots" CD
Montezuma - Spotify
Thirty-Year Jig - Bought "Nordic Roots" CD
Inca Dance - Spotify
Appalachian Morning - Spotify

Is "Our Life" on both playlists? I believe so.

Last edited:

ABQ

I was just thinking that exact same thing. With the darkness over the lagoon and the torches....
Yes only because it really got jamed into my noggin around 2004, I think and I hear the lady's voice tell me "Illuminations, presented by Sylvania..." I'm sure someone will correct me on my year estimate, but I'm old.

JohnD

I was able to cobble together the original playlist:

They Were Dancing Barefoot - Spotify
Superwasp/Along the Coast of Norway/Neckbuster - Purchased on Amazon
Native Funk - Spotify
Flute Battle - Spotify
The Concertina Set - Purchased on Amazon
Imeland - Bought "Nordic Roots" CD
Montezuma - Spotify
Thirty-Year Jig - Bought "Nordic Roots" CD
Inca Dance - Spotify
Appalachian Morning - Spotify

Is "Our Life" on both playlists? I believe so.

This link shared above has both pre-2004 and 2004-Present playlists: https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-...f=cm_cr_srp_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B000001M3X

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
I know but I don't think that's complete. I think "Our Life" still plays right before the show starts even under the old playlist.

This is one of my favorites prior to the show, it really is good a building excitement before the show. I did notice that It sometimes isn’t included in the mix though.

Bumping an ancient thread. Anyone have any ideas on how I could legally get 30-års Jiggen on CD or MP3 without spending a fortune? I have all the other tracks from the original loop and this would complete the playlist.

I don't know if they still do, but at one time EPCOT sold a CD with the music on it. I bought it there in 2001. I'm sure there are some floating around online.

mikejs78

Premium Member
I'm sorry, I realized my post was not very clear. I meant to say Our Life only plays in the "new" loop. I have only heard it played on nights the 1999 loop plays first when the show is delayed past the 30 minutes and instead of re-starting the 1999 loop, they play the "new loop". Then of course there is "Bierdna", "Red Skies", and "Texas" added into the newer loop when its used and there is a delay.
Both loops are excellent... I suspect the new loop won't be nearly as good....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom