Illuminations Dessert Reception

wdwjmp239

Original Poster
What's this about? I took a picture of this as I was leaving Epcot on Friday night (1-2-04)

IlluminationsReception.jpg

Events like this occur almost every evening at the parks. There are numerous areas around World Showcase Lagoon available for special events with catering and drink service. Fantasmic also offers events utilizing the special events pad at the rear of the ampitheater. Wishes events often take palce on the former swan boats dock near the ice cream shop. If you are interested you can contact Disney Special Activities office. I am not sure of the number but I am sure guest services will know.

Pixie Duster

We do quite a good number of events at AK, 98% in Dinoland. It's funny because we do go in and out of the park to our cars, like the Studios' CMs. So we will be leaving work, a good flock of us, as groups of guests are coming in.

The Mom

Premium Member
I'm afraid I couldn't pull up the picture, but I assume it was similar to our (wdwmagic) dessert party at Fantasmic.

It was wonderful; I really felt like a VIP! ;) We had our own seating area, with desserts and coffee set up. You haven't lived until you've watched the show sipping on a drink and eating eclairs! (And all of the masses filing by giving us envious looks only added to the allure. Aren't I awful? :lol: )

Unfortunately, I can't afford to set it up for my own private enjoyment. That's why you really MUST come to the next meet. ;)

DisneyCP2000

Originally posted by The Mom
It was wonderful; I really felt like a VIP! ;) We had our own seating area, with desserts and coffee set up. You haven't lived until you've watched the show sipping on a drink and eating eclairs! (And all of the masses filing by giving us envious looks only added to the allure. Aren't I awful? :lol: )

:slurp: MMMMmmm elcairs!!! I worked at Epcot Events in conventions at Epcot. Catering would sometimes bring the leftovers backstage...and all the CPs would devour the eclairs in no time.

ntn_haqqer: Could repost the picture i'd love to see the cast members working the event. I wanna know if they're ol' friends of mine :lol:

wdwjmp239

Original Poster
Originally posted by DisneyCP2000
:slurp: MMMMmmm elcairs!!! I worked at Epcot Events in conventions at Epcot. Catering would sometimes bring the leftovers backstage...and all the CPs would devour the eclairs in no time.

ntn_haqqer: Could repost the picture i'd love to see the cast members working the event. I wanna know if they're ol' friends of mine :lol:

I don't have the picture of the cast members working the event. All the picture was really, was a sign saying that there was an Illuminations Dessert Reception and that sign was in front of Odyssey.

Maria

I worked as a greeter in many of those private events around the lagoon and we also had our own graduation dessert party in the French island. It was great. :)

wdwjmp239

Original Poster
Illuminations Reception Sign

showphoto.php

For those of you who weren't able to get to the picture I posted before. :)

wannabeBelle

Hey all, The next meet is actually being voted on as we speak as far as a timetable. The name of the thread is Anyone up for another meet? and it was started by Kingdom Konsultant. Most of the people on the thread thus far seem to prefer July, although we havent specified a week.
Also please check out the thread how was the Fantasmic! Dessert Party? As the Mom said it was seriously awesome. We really were treated like VIPs, several of the CMs who joined us that night said so also. Plus seeing the show from such a lovely vantage point and not on the hard metal bleachers!!! WOW.
The Meets though will be very limited in scope, only one or two events will be planned to include ALL of the people who wish to come. In December the only organized events were the MVMCP and the Fantasmic Dessert Party. We are certainly not joined at the hip for every moment of evey day, but if we book as a group we may be able to get a discount through Disney. Pam ( Kingdom Konsultant) has more information on this.
Let's let everyone on the boards know about this, as I heard a few people didnt know anything about the last Meet and were disappointed that they couldnt make it!! Belle

BRER STITCH

The pic on the link posted here is a part of someone's "Magical Gathering" program.

They also do this regularly for corporate groups who book the reserved areas for Fantasmic, Illuminations, and Wishes.

I have been a guest at a Fantasmic one and an Illuminations one. Nothing special, really...just coffee, cookies, desserts, and a fruit and cheese platter.

The nicest part is not having to save a spot for an hour before the shows begin, as the party areas are roped off and reserved for guests of the group.

The Fantasmic location is at the very back corner of the arena and I felt it was too far away for a good view and to hear the soundtrack. The show was not viewable while seated at the tables when we were there. The Illuminations one was right behind the center Gift Shop (directly across from the American Adventure pavilion). There were no seats or tables at this one, but everyone had a front row view from the fence. This is about as close to the action as you can get and we enjoyed this one much more.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom