Ike

Minnie4

We are driving from Houston leaving Saturday Morning. I am also concerned about Ike. The weather link at the top shows the weather being somewhat nice next week. I am worried about I-10 driving to florida..Is it ok from Gustav? What if we get there and then Ike is headed straight for us on Thursday of next week..Can we use our insurance or will Disney credit us for the money spent on the remainder of our trip so we can come back another time?:(

I am ok with a little rain but not a cat. 4 hurricane :(

Minnie4

I called Disney :)

:)

Ok.. I feel better... I got the insurance and Disney will help too..If the storm is headed directly for Orlando we can leave midway through our trip and use the remaining days at another time

Cinderellylove

Minnie4, that helps, but it doesnt:( Im jsut sad this is happening. I want it to go away as its our anniversary. Our anniversary dinner is planned next Wed. when it should be either ON TOP OF US or near us!
Im sad

Minnie4

Hopeful

I am still hoping for the best..I'm taking my 4 year old twin girls, 7 year old son and DH..it's our first time to go. Ike could still steer out and never hit land.

I can deal with a little rain..just not for the whole trip...I don't think they will really know what Ike will do until Monday anyway so I'm still packing and planning to go and pray it steers away from Florida :)

SpongeScott

024614W_sm.gif

The Mom

Premium Member
:(

Ok SpongeScott..I don't like that :(

I will keep watching the weather channel

I usually just check here; the weather maps will be updated, and they are very easy to read. I can do without all of the drama of the weather channel, and switch over to local weather as the storm nears.

So just check in here once a day, until Ike gets closer.

dixiegirl

All we need to do at this point is be aware that of it, and check the weather for a daily update until it gets close enough to determine if it will be a threat or not.

I think that the only complaint people have is the number of threads that are started for the same storm. ;) I spend a lot of time moving them into this forum. :lol:

Your the best.... Mom!!!

I have been watching the weather channel and I just hate all the drama... so what are the perdicting as far as Ike and Josephine goes... I am leaving NJ on the 13th for WDW.... I am so nervous about the weather...

palmage

Original Poster
I have been watching the weather channel and I just hate all the drama... so what are the perdicting as far as Ike and Josephine goes... I am leaving NJ on the 13th for WDW.... I am so nervous about the weather...
All you can do is keep watching it.
Tornadoes will suprise you.
Hurricanes you can watch for a week and still not know where it's going.

So many tracks showed Faye was heading right for St Pete, we got a half inch of rain out of that one.

Yuh just never know...............

SpongeScott

What Mark said is right.

On the surface, it looks as though J-phine will not be a problem, but you still have to watch her. Ike looks like he will be a problem. We could have an interesting Wednesday here in the Bay area.

EPCOT Explorer

Oh yeah i am the least considerate person ever. Come on seriously?? I just meant that maybe all of the hurricanes should be under one heading. I have seen 5 on Hannah alone. I think one person kept writing over and over starting a new one.

You are right I only went on new posts and did not see it was under weather. :hammer:

I guess I sounded mad cause you all blasted me like I killed you BF. Sorry if I hurt anyone feelings.

Have a good day . I mean no harm peace to all.

My g ma lives in Florida for goodness sake. So i worry.

:wave:I FULLY understand...Have a good day.

mrandmrsmancuso

Special activites as result of hurricane?

Hi
Thanks for the conversations regarding the weather, it's nice to hear everyone's opinions!

My question is in regards to "special activites"provided by resorts in the event of closing parks( I have heard it mentioned).
When I called Disney, I was trying to get a feel for if they would provide anything special but didn't get the impression that was a given.

Any thoughts? (Hubby's :king: birthday is Thursday and I'm just trying to gauge how much extra "special-ness" I should plan to provide for myself).

Thanks!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom