Iger Says Avatar Most Likely 2015, Hints at Marvel, More Pirates and Cars

WDW1974

i don't want to keep on perpetuating this debate but....

The amount of negativity in all the threads on this board is getting really tiring. Why don't we try to be optimistic?

Nah.

I prefer being realistic.

~But I also believe the world is round too!~

Yea. I already said that.

But personally, looking at Animal Kingdom, I think a land based on the fictional animals that have weaved through the imaginations of the world for thousands of years makes a lot more sense than a relatively small amount of animals that sprang form the imagination of a ego maniacal director.
Personally, I'd rather there not being a mythical land.

Instead, wherever in AK that Avatar is slated to go, I'd rather see developed as another continent with animals. And then each of these lands gets one mythical attraction like how Asia got the yeti. Each continent gets one attractions based on a mythical creature of their culture.

misterID

If they can't do Avatarland right, don't do it at all. If Cameron doesn't want the project watered down or butchered, then it's just not going to happen.

For some reason (likely ego) The Weatherman believes he is in imminent risk of being attacked by a fanboi.

:lol:

After these meetings I wouldn't blame him for being scared. :lookaroun

Atomicmickey

Cameron is also focused lately on going to the bottom of the ocean. Likely he isn't paying as much attention to concept drawings until he successfully completes that AMAZING FEAT.

Ya gotta give the guy props.

ctxak98

Because to some of us, it can't hold a candle to this?

index.php
[/url][/IMG]

I dont think Animal Kingdom needs too much more disney characters. I know its called DISNEY WORLD but not EVERYTHING has to be about disney. Each park is a different experience! Will it include characters from disney? most likely but Not all the way. Animal Kingdom and Epcot are the only ones holding on to the Non-Disney character filled feeling that I love. I LOVE THE DISNEY CHARACTERS and the stories just NOT in the wrong areas. Again just my feelings and opinions. So to me the maleficent Dragon would not fit well IN animal kingdom....Too cartoony.

I dont think Animal Kingdom needs too much more disney characters. I know its called DISNEY WORLD but not EVERYTHING has to be about disney. Each park is a different experience! Will it include characters from disney? most likely but Not all the way. Animal Kingdom and Epcot are the only ones holding on to the Non-Disney character filled feeling that I love. I LOVE THE DISNEY CHARACTERS and the stories just NOT in the wrong areas. Again just my feelings and opinions. So to me the maleficent Dragon would not fit well IN animal kingdom....Too cartoony.
Off topic: Maleficient in dragon from would have fit perfectly in the villain subland of Fantasyland. Oh how I miss the Villain/Bald Mountain rumors from years back. Maybe one day we'll see some evil lurking on the other side of Fantasyland Forest where the Pixies were set to roam ...

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Mythical vs. Ficticious creatures:

Mythical creatures....let's say the Yeti for example. This creature is believed by many people in parts of Nepal to actually EXIST, and people pass down legends, stories and artwork depicting the Yeti, but its not scientifically proven to exist.

Ficticious creatures....let's say Stitch. He is a 100% fabricated by an entertainment company in an effort to make money and has no ties to legends, old stories or ever thought to have existed in real life.

Are we clear on that point now? Geez

ctxak98

Off topic: Maleficient in dragon from would have fit perfectly in the villain subland of Fantasyland. Oh how I miss the Villain/Bald Mountain rumors from years back. Maybe one day we'll see some evil lurking on the other side of Fantasyland Forest where the Pixies were set to roam ...

I AGREE! I think It fit somewhere just not Animal Kingdom!

flavious27

Just convert LMA to Cars and be done with it. Personally, I think has very little brand recognition here. If you put real Disney properties into it, you get more fans on the backend.

And really, I didn't think Avatar was all that popular now...

I would rather they use a better franchise, it should still be a stunt show. Changing the rest of it to cars is going to be just a slow commercial.

I hope it still isn't but it is to some people.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Just to randomly throw this out there, guys. Why on earth are people so opposed to this?:
Toruk.jpg

Opposed to what exactly?

Are we riding that creature? Is it flying over us through the foliage? Is it another bird on a stick? Is it just projected onto a screen of a Soarin' clone?

drew81

For some reason (likely ego) The Weatherman believes he is in imminent risk of being attacked by a fanboi.

I've never seen anything like it. Michael was always approachable and not simply by people like myself who knew him ... Frank was too ... Roy (the one with the Disney NAME) was ... they didn't have huge security details. I never, ever saw Roy have any security around him at all.

Like I said, ego.

I've heard the same comments from others who were there.

I still will never get how someone who started their career as a TV weatherman (a job that oozes insincerity on a daily basis at 5, 6 and 11:ROFLOL:) somehow isn't polished enough to fake it when he is in the public eye.

He likely has no idea how often it happens and won't ever bother checking into it.~The Spirit can fake it ... actually, no, he can't!~

I talked with Roy P. Disney after the meeting. We chatted for a bit. He told me that my question regarding character safety was a good one.

I forgot to ask about the possibility of giant pandas coming to DAK. :cry:

MAF

This is exactly why JK Rowling passed up Disney. She knew they were only concerned with budgets and would put out something half-assed.

Prototype82

Opposed to what exactly?

Are we riding that creature? Is it flying over us through the foliage? Is it another bird on a stick? Is it just projected onto a screen of a Soarin' clone?
Even though talk is only talk, Cameron said they wanted to try things that Imagineers are "just starting to try out in their labs." I doubt we're going to get a Soarin' clone. What I mean is, why would people rather have unicorns over a bestiary of creatures like this? I'm referring to source material not as much product.

IlikeDW

Or it could be the fact that the woman is megalomaniac with control issues that wanted to control everything. Not to mention that Disney would of never created the fire hazard that she wanted and would of thought about safety first off and would of made hogsmeade not so congested. But hate away

Here we go again. In before lock....:lookaroun

ctxak98

Dont get me wrong I love WWOHP however I still can't help but think how much better Disney could have done with it considering They wouldnt even have dueling dragons and flight of the Hippogriff....They would have gotten different rides. However Harry doesnt fit with Disney in my opinion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom