Iger mentions plans for EPCOT

Progress.City

Original Poster
I haven't seen anyone here mention this, so I am bringing it up. Apologies in advance if it was already discussed.

In the last stock holders' meeting, earlier this quarter, Iger answered a question about what the plans are for EPCOT. Iger said that WDI is working on projects that are as of yet unannounced for EPCOT. He said it was too early to announce anything yet.

Bottom line is that there are big plans for EPCOT, besides Frozen and Soaring.

Anyone have any insight of what he could be talking about? Or want to venture a guess?

Last edited:

Belowthesurface

I haven't seen anyone here mention this, so I am bringing it up. Apologies in advance if it was already discussed.

In the last stock holders' meeting, earlier this month, Iger answered a question about what the plans are for EPCOT. Iger said that WDI is working on projects that are as of yet unannounced for EPCOT. He said it was too early to announce anything yet.

Bottom line is that there are big plans for EPCOT, bedides Frozen and Soaring.

Anyone have any insight of what he could be talking about? Or want to venture a guess?
Yes, there are plans for a 2020 redo. However, as of now, it will look like a park that Bob Iger would want to build.

It will majorly affect Energy, Imagination, and Innoventions. I hope you like rollercoasters, Inside Out, and TRON.

JoeCamel

In the last stock holders' meeting, earlier this quarter, Iger answered a question about what the plans are for EPCOT. Iger said that WDI is working on projects that are as of yet unannounced for EPCOT. He said it was too early to announce anything yet.

I am not sure what else he could have said? Certainly not "EPCOT? Oh, I don't know of any plans".

Sure they have plans, the better question is "How much have YOU budgeted to restore EPCOT to its former glory?"

After all it is not D23 it is a quarterly stockholders call

danlb_2000

Premium Member

He didn't say anything about big plans, just that they were looking at the long range plans for EPCOT. Doesn't mean anything of substance will come from that.

jt04

Thanks for the news.

He knows what he is doing because he listens to the creative talent. Plus he knows businesses either evolve* or decay. It is the way of things.

*not to be confused with moribund progressivism.

jt04

He didn't say anything about big plans, just that they were looking at the long range plans for EPCOT. Doesn't mean anything of substance will come from that.

That would certainly not be his pattern. See Shanghai, Carsland, Pandora, Disney Springs, Star Wars Land, DAK 2.0 etc. And that is just theme parks.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Plans have been formulated for at least a year-18 months now. Management have been voicing concerns the park cannot be propped up by festivals for ever. The dire state of Futureworld has also been particularly noted.

Now how much will be assigned, or actually end up being available is anyone's guess. As is the direction it will take. I know what I've been told has been looked at since 2007. If any of that comes to fruition I don't know yet. The worry is it'll finally become IP land.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom