Iger is Ruining WDW, The Disney Company, and needs to go

Moth

Then they’ve lost their f$&@ing minds

Someone let big shot Bobby know he will never be able to sell he was the “creative force” behind Mickey Mouse…

That should cure him of this kinda stupidity
The character of Mickey has (largely) suffered at his hands as his status of mascot of the company has decayed and is now replaced with essentially Baby Yoda, Iron Man and Elsa. The short films were cute and a breath of fresh air for Mickey but Iger (and the guy who was keeping his seat warm while he was in his pandemic bunker) hasn't done a major 2D project for Mickey like those before him. It's kinda sad to see how fair even Mickey Mouse has fallen.

SteveAZee

Who’s Iger?
Igor.gif

Chef Mickey

But the things he did well were really no fails ....Star Wars Land, Avatar.....but the things he closed and then replaced with have all been nightmares, in my opinion. He went with wins from other parks, but his cash grabbing property-wide, and his supreme lack of respect for the company's legacy coupled with no long term plan to maintain the traditions, added to politics he injects which have no place, have created the environment for failure. This generation, save for people.like us, do not have kids with the brand loyalty we grew up with, because this company regime didn't build that. This guy's driving it into the ground.
Star Wars Land was probably 50% as good as it "should" have been if for no other reason than we got 2 attractions with 1 being far less than mediocre. The other fully worked about 6 months and is now riddled with problems and almost never operates at 100%.

I'd even argue that was a failure overall.

Avatar is better but 2 attractions was again insufficient with one being perhaps slightly over mediocre.

Star Wars Land was probably 50% as good as it "should" have been if for no other reason than we got 2 attractions with 1 being far less than mediocre. The other fully worked about 6 months and is now riddled with problems and almost never operates at 100%.

I'd even argue that was a failure overall.

Avatar is better but 2 attractions was again insufficient with one being perhaps slightly over mediocre.
Yeah and in addition to all the downtime on Rise, you also have some of the effects being turned off (cannons)

I agree that 2 attractions for a land is insufficient. I am not a fan of Avengers Campus aesthetically but at least it’s getting four which feels more up to par with one of the original lands (albeit one reskin, one flat, and one cruddy screen game)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom