News Iger at Parks This Week

Disstevefan1

Remind me again how this one attraction is ever going to recoup the hundreds of millions spent to build it? It just doesn’t make any financial sense, which is why they so seldom make meaningful additions to the parks.
More, better attractions, means the park has more capacity and a better guest experience….. Oh wait, that’s not important. Never mind.

Somebody needs to remind me how D+ that spent 225 million dollars on a season of She Hulk will ever recoup that. Please don’t say subscriptions. No one subscribed to D+ specifically to watch She Hulk.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It also costs Disney more to build 1 attraction now than it did for them to build an entire park in the past. The price tag for Cosmic Rewind is almost as high as all of DCA when it opened in 2001.

Yes, DCA had many (many) flaws, some of which they’re still trying to repair. Yes, there’s been two decades of inflation in the interim. But it’s hard to argue that any single attraction could ever have the same return on investment as an entire park.

Cosmic Rewind is fun, but it’s not impressive in a way that really sticks with you after the ride is over. It used a (massive) existing facility, and still had to expand horizontally and vertically beyond what fit in the park. It’s got catchy songs and famous actors, but there’s no depth to the experience. It’s a “good” attraction, but it’s a very long way off from being a “great” one.

Remind me again how this one attraction is ever going to recoup the hundreds of millions spent to build it? It just doesn’t make any financial sense, which is why they so seldom make meaningful additions to the parks.
So they don’t charge more for what they sell now?

Like 300% markup in that time to a customer base (in parks) that is 25% higher?

…I’m like Austin powers…I’ve just gone cross eyed.

You just gave them a pass for manipulating construction and WDI/management having no idea how to control budgets?

That sounds like the “million dollar wound”

jpinkc

So they don’t charge more for what they sell now?

Like 300% markup in that time to a customer base (in parks) that is 25% higher?

…I’m like Austin powers…I’ve just gone cross eyed.

You just gave them a pass for manipulating construction and WDI/management having no idea how to control budgets?

That sounds like the “million dollar wound”
Uhm no no Dr Evil B, B its BIILLONS :p

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
More, better attractions, means the park has more capacity and a better guest experience….. Oh wait, that’s not important. Never mind.

Somebody needs to remind me how D+ that spent 225 million dollars on a season of She Hulk will ever recoup that. Please don’t say subscriptions. No one subscribed to D+ specifically to watch She Hulk.
Remember: Disney+ is only losing because of “build out”

Like after 6 episodes of Loki…that’ll do it.

Or maybe it’s “buildout” like guys in name tags and Mickey hard hats running fiber through the slums of Jakarta?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

What would be a bigger/better effect - even if they only build Es…is dropping what should be filler into their spots to provide more effective throughput/ops control.

Like Peter pan and mine train should be into the “popular filler” category…like D/C at most. So should slinky and runaway railway. Not dash from the Mickey spinner.

That’s how proper flow worked when it did…
“Nah…space mountain has a line…let’s do buzz/whatever instead”…then those people would lessen the burden and maintain the “popular lines.”…then they’d pop in a shop or hit the snackie.
This is elementary Crowd dynamics stuff…4th grade level.

Instead? We got 5 years to build a 1:25 clone coaster and 9-7 hours to push a 7-11 upsell ticket in the dead of winter.

What “experiences”? Huh?

Did I mention “fire Bob Iger”?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I was not attempting to do that either, but I wanted to post why Iger is there when I have seen question it. It is not a mystery with what the park is closing and opening.
There’s a proxy fight where - if successful - his near immediate “resignation” will be announced.

In case we haven’t been keeping up with the tabloids 👍🏻

The dude said he couldn’t meet with a guy who holds 1% and is saying he’ll get all the other investors paid because he was “sailing his boat in New Zealand”…and he got outed on Bloomberg for it.

That’s why he all of a sudden shows up in the most stable Disney profit generator on the planet…

But I bet Willow’s tan looks good. Kiwi bronze. And his personal assistant too 😂

Goofnut1980

Based on what he saw in the parks.. Maybe we will use Genie+ to help them change lightbulbs and paint the exteriors of buildings.

You can sign up for 1 chance per day at only $1,000 to "Be Part of the Magic" and know you helped keep the magic alive!

Next on ABC News, Disney lays off all maintenance workers as soaring Genie+ sales - "Be Part of the Magic" is completely successful in just one week. Parks fully resorted to opening day show quality.

Br0ckford

What would be a bigger/better effect - even if they only build Es…is dropping what should be filler into their spots to provide more effective throughput/ops control.

Like Peter pan and mine train should be into the “popular filler” category…like D/C at most. So should slinky and runaway railway. Not dash from the Mickey spinner.

That’s how proper flow worked when it did…
“Nah…space mountain has a line…let’s do buzz/whatever instead”…then those people would lessen the burden and maintain the “popular lines.”…then they’d pop in a shop or hit the snackie.
This is elementary Crowd dynamics stuff…4th grade level.

Instead? We got 5 years to build a 1:25 clone coaster and 9-7 hours to push a 7-11 upsell ticket in the dead of winter.

What “experiences”? Huh?

Did I mention “fire Bob Iger”?
Geeze, did it really take this long to build a coaster that's really only 1 min 25 sec? That makes me wanna 🤮

Br0ckford

Based on what he saw in the parks.. Maybe we will use Genie+ to help them change lightbulbs and paint the exteriors of buildings.

You can sign up for 1 chance per day at only $1,000 to "Be Part of the Magic" and know you helped keep the magic alive!

Next on ABC News, Disney lays off all maintenance workers as soaring Genie+ sales - "Be Part of the Magic" is completely successful in just one week. Parks fully resorted to opening day show quality.
Do I get a name tag?

EricsBiscuit

Perhaps the state of Florida should create legislation regulating skip the line services such as Genie + limiting the ratio of paid riders to standby and thus making it more equitable?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom