If you were the GM of Disney...

steamboat_tyler

Original Poster
Lets say you were the new general manager/CEO, whatever you wanna call it, and you had unlimited money/money was not an option, what would you add, refurbish, or improve? :)

bjlc57

I would call my imagineers together and give them a new slogan..

DESTROY HARRY POTTER..

you have two weeks:

and then give them a ONE YEAR TIME LINE..

IF whole parks can be built in a year, so can these new rides..

and since there are a ton of construction workers looking for jobs, it would be a boon to the economy..

that should be enough to get the discussion started..

Take a HUGE pay cut and pass it on to the people who work under me. If you work hard and make others happy you'd get a raise, if not.... you could always go work elswhere cause you wouldn't be working long for me.

Prototype82

Epcot: -Japanese bullet train ride full of dark ride scenes of old Japan and outdoor tracks that would go over a modern tokyo street shopping center I'd build behind the castle. (expansion of both shopping and an attraction)

-New Norway Film

-3D show in United Kingdom with detailed indoor/outdoor interactive queue full of Gothic architecture and monastery corridors. Scenes of London would be presented with modern electronic music and dubstep in the 3D film. Artfully done in black and white and color interchangeably

-Germany's Rhine River Cruise sailing beside pre-existing Biergarten

-Update Impressions de France

-RUSSIA PAVILION

-Universe of Energy with incredible special effects and CG, no comedy in this joint. Stunning and thought provoking show about possible energy resources and our energy crisis. BP spill and Japan disaster would be addressed.

-Imagination overhaul, totally reinvented yet bringing back the beloved Dreamfinder

-World Forum: An interactive auditorium equipped with touch screens where polls, votes, and minor debates would take place among park guests in a Future World structure of steel and glass. discussions would would revolve around a series of world issues without being too terribly controversial in a family environment

voodoo321

I would focus on filling out DAK and DHS. I would work with the American wilderness theme of CMaM and add a dark ride(Bambi?) and a water ride based on the Lewis and Clark expedition with indoor and outdoor elements.

At DHS I would greenlight the Monsters coaster and use the Backlot for expansion of Pixar Place and a Toontown with a Mickey dark ride and/or a Roger Rabbit(or rethemed) ride.

At Epcot I would overhaul Energy and Imagination, make Space more of a pavilion and add a ride or two to World Showcase(possibly a raft ride in Canada and a dark ride somewhere(Germany) and a Mt Fuji ride in Japan more like JTtCotE than Everest or Matterhorn. A new country would be nice(Russia).

At MK I would accelerate the construction schedule of Snow White, put a princess M&G in any available spot between FF and Circusland and retheme SWSA to keep the ride. I would either overhaul the Speedway or scrap it entirely for a big attraction or a couple of smaller ones. I don't have any specific ideas for what they would be. I would scrap Alladin and possibly add a Magic Carpet dark ride somewhere in AL or a smaller version in the SWSA building.

I would focus on projects for AK and DHS for the future and other than improving some theming and plussing, I wouldn't expand MK any further for until those parks are filled out.

wendysue

I would have MY home built on property. Of course, that wouldn't add value to YOUR vacation, but I would be much happier. :ROFLOL:

littlemsmowgli

i think i would work on development of rides and attractions that were capable of standing alone without a movie/cartoon connection. don't get me wrong, i adore disney films and characters, but i feel as though WDW was originally built with a nice balance of original attractions and those based on pre-existing concepts (like the princesses, etc.). today, it seems as though imagineers are trying to hard to have every new ride tie in with a cartoon. in my opinion, its giving wdw a more soulless enterprise vibe instead of the creative, think-outside the box one that it was built with. essentially, i'd push my imagineers to not rely so much on the convenience of popular franchises for cutting edge attractions but their imagination. that's not to say that i'm not thrilled about the new fantasyland, but i'd push for some balance.

joe80x86

I would have MY home built on property. Of course, that wouldn't add value to YOUR vacation, but I would be much happier. :ROFLOL:

Exactly, I was thinking perhaps the old Discovery Island site. Then I'd refurb river country for use as my own private pool. Of course personal water craft rentals on bay lake would have to go because I wouldn't want anyone disturbing me.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Exactly, I was thinking perhaps the old Discovery Island site. Then I'd refurb river country for use as my own private pool. Of course personal water craft rentals on bay lake would have to go because I wouldn't want anyone disturbing me.

It not like the nightly fireworks would keep you awake at night either.

Crockett

Banned
DisneySea Orlando! (Tokyo DisneySea clone).
I would be clearing land for this starting today.

Horizons Reborn
Goodbye closed-down Wonders Of Life building, hello to an old dear friend we have missed for quite some time.

Dreamfinder's Return
An old friend also rejoins the cast of Imagination.

Hat's Off!
The removal of the giant %$#& hat at DHS, once again exposing the beautiful Chinese Theater as the park's focal point.

Brazillian Tour Group Etiquette 101
A brief course/seminar that must be attended by tour groups before access to parks will be granted. If you score a 90% or above on the "How not to push & shove" final exam, you pass!

You're Hired! You're Paid!
And finally, better wages so that the WDW employment pool isn't mostly aimed at the CP's and retirees.

SFMarine

Disney has to come up with something that can bring all the HP people over from Universal Studios. They need to offer more discounts and promotions and include free Wi-fi in all of the resorts and parks.

Disneydreamer23

I would add more busses so no one would have to wait more than 5 minutes to get on a bus to there resort, i would completly refurb mexico and malestrom to be better, I would give evfery body who checks in a free disney shirt for every one in their party, change captan e o to a funny show like phillhair magic and ellens adventure gone and put a coaster there!

cheezbat

I would raise the minimum wage for cast members to around $10 an hour.

Then, I'd greenlight a complete overhaul of Tomorrowland...adding a few new attractions. One being a new E-ticket of some sort, and a PROPER Space Mountain redo. Bring One Man's Dream over to Main Street. Moving from there I'd greenlight that E-ticket Fire Mountain concept for Adventureland. Then head over to Studios and finally greenlight the Monsters Inc coaster and an Indiana Jones flume/coaster ride...as well as a replacement for Sounds Dangerous and a dark ride or two replacing Narnia/One Man's Dream/Voyage of the Little Mermaid. Moving over to Epcot, work on a redo of the Imagination pavillion, finish the decent of Spaceship Earth, and a replacement for the WOL pavillion. At Animal Kingdom...Beastly Kingdom all the way! Dust off those old plans! I'd probably bring a Jungle Book themed dark ride to the park as well. I'd also greenlight new attractions for both Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach.

Looking at all of that, it'd probably be a good ten year masterplan, but it would be so worth it, bringing WDW back to the number 1 destination it SHOULD be!

LolzMagic

In the parks:

-DHS expansion with new Pixar rides and Carsland
-Move the hat to DTD
-Build the Beastly Kingdom
-New E-Ticket for AK
-Finish SE Descent

General WDW:

-Tear down Bay Lake Tower. (Or chop off half of it and move to the other side :lookaroun)
-Add a new deluxe resort on the Mediterranean Plot
-Make necessary changes for the Grand Floridian to achieve five star status.
-Monorail expansion
-the real EPCOT. :D

You did say unlimited money, right? :lol:

MarkTwain

* cracks knuckles *

MK
- Ensure the Tiki Birds are getting rid of their new management successfully
- Rip out Aladdin's Flying Carpets and replace with a lush Polynesian oasis
- Complete refurbs of Country Bears, Peter Pan, and CoP - new AAs for Country Bears, new effects and higher-capacity ride vehicles for Peter Pan, new AAs and future scene for CoP
- Permanently reopen the Adventureland Verandah and Tomorrowland Terrace to reduce waiting times elsewhere
- Demolish the Starcade to open up views of Space Mountain
- Put electric cars in the Speedway, but keep an eye on this area for future development
- Put a new revue show in the Diamond Horseshoe
- Go on a landscaping brigade - find tons of new places to make the park more pleasant, restoring some of the fountain effects in Caribbean Plaza, and trimming the trees on the Haunted Manson
- Bring back the Sword in the Stone ceremony, featuring Merlin

Epcot
- Remove Leave a Legacy, replace with a dynamic and welcoming new plaza
- Fast-track a plan to redo the Imagination Pavilion, to become a trackless dark ride featuring Dreamfinder and Figment as they explore some of the realms of the imagination
- Rename the park "EPCOT Center," and make the logo look more like this
- Redo the Test Track exterior to be less industrial, more streamlined - take down scaffolding and banners, repaint yellow and black stripes in a blue/purple scheme
- Redo Universe of Energy in a way that is more exciting and interesting to all ages, yet true to the themes of energy... if the moving theater concept could be kept, that would be great
- Add World of Color style fountains to Illuminations
- Update film for Norway, and build an exit tunnel around the theater allowing people to not watch it
- Add attractions to existing WS pavilions - a chariot ride through Italian history, a flume in the Germany pavilion in the already-built showbuilding, a Mr. Toad's Wild Ride through the United Kingdom, and a show for the Japan pavilion where Japanese history is retold through kimono dance
- New pavilions on the site of the outpost, my choices being Brazil and India

DHS
- Remove the hat - rebrand the park with a combination of the Earful Tower and the Chinese theater as the new co-icons
- Relocate Earful Tower to the entry plaza by the waterfront
- Refurb Fantasmic with new AA dragon, a more elaborate finale steamboat, removing the villains scene, and replacing the Pocahontas scene with a scene in which the Pirates of the Caribbean attempt to take over the island, with lots of cannon-fire, sword-fighting, and rope-swinging
- Put Fantasmic on a twice-nightly, every night schedule
- Greenlight a plan for Lucasland, with new Indy rides and Star Wars attractions on the site for the stunt show. I'm thinking a new Indy flume-coaster, a virtual Star Wars ride where guests should at enemy TIE fighters as they attack the Death Star (since that segment will likely be removed in ST2), a Millenium Falcon walkthrough/character M&G, and a recreation of an exotic village from Indiana Jones with shopping, and where spontaneous sword-wielding, whip-cracking stunt action can occur on the rooftops
- Close the backlot, allowing expansions for Pixar Place and a new, more Disneyland-style Toontown

Animal Kingdom
- Give a nice, lengthy refurb to Dinosaur, getting as many of the original effects to work again as possible
- Relocate FOTLK to a richly-themed African theater in Africa
- Jungle Book gentle flume ride in Asia
- fast-track a plan for the Camp Minnie-Mickey site, preferably something that integrates dragons, krakens, and other mythological creatures, while also including dark rides and indoor attractions
- create some new form of nighttime entertainment, probably a nighttime parade or Osborne-style lights installation show, that can allow the park's hours to be extended
- with all of this in place, allow Everest to be taken down for as long a refurb as necessary to get the yeti fully-operating again

Resort
- Add landscaping to Downtown Disney, making sure West End and Hyperion Wharf are as pleasant and well-landscaped as the Marketplace
- Redesign the Transportation and Ticket Center to be less 1970s-modernist, more classy and elegant
- retheme Pop Century to be the "classics" side of Art of Animation, featuring Lady and the Tramp, 101 Dalmations, Peter Pan, and Cinderella.
- start looking into lite-rail, PRT, and other solutions for WDW's transit problems
- build a new, exotically-themed shopping district/bazaar on a canal which connects Animal Kingdom to AKL, thereby giving AKL guests direct boat access to AK, and giving Disney a place to build a new Adventurer's Club

That ought to do for now. :animwink:

puntagordabob

Lets say you were the new general manager/CEO, whatever you wanna call it, and you had unlimited money/money was not an option, what would you add, refurbish, or improve? :)

Within the confines of the swampy area Id create a 250 acre lake and have a Florida version of DisneySea...money being no object of course would open the door to the environmental impact negation! :)

steamboat_tyler

Original Poster
I need to post mine now :ROFLOL:

MK :
- Complete FLE. Do not change anything here.
- Do complete overhaul of Jungle Cruise
-Get rid of Magic Carpets and replace with garden type thing
- Refurb Peter Pan's Flight. During this, add interactive queue, get rid of FASTPASS, replace AA's, and add higher capacity ships.
- With removing snow white, put in its place a Sleeping Beauty dark ride
- Get rid of Tomorrowland Indy Speedway. In it's place, add Meet The Robinson's type coaster.
- Remove Stitch's Great Escape and put it Wall-E dark ride

EPCOT :
-Finish completing Spaceship Earth
- Refurb Soarin' and Circle of Life. With Soarin', put in Soarin' Over the World, and get rid of Circle of Life
- Get rid of FASTPASS for Living with the Land (i think they have it), and Maelstrom
-Refurb Energy Adventure so it is up to date.
-Bring back Wonder's of Life. Update it so it has more current information, but bring back Body Wars and Cranium Command
- Get rid of Mexico ride, it just fails.
-Make Maelstrom longer, and get rid of tht movie.
-Add Ratatouille dark ride in France
-Add Switzerland Pavillion, and build a Matterhorn.

Hollywood Studios :
- Get rid of the Hat.
- Update Great Movie Ride with more current information.
-Get rid of FASTPASS for Toy Story Mania.
- Greenlight Monster's Inc Coaster
- Remove Backlot Tour
- Put Radiator Spring's Racers in spot of backlot tour
- Get rid of Sound's Dangerous and Indy show. With Indy show gone, put clone of Indiana Jone's Adventure in its space.

Animal Kingdom :
- Put in Beastly Kingdom
- Get rid of Chester Hester dinorama thing
- Get rid of Primeval Whirl, and put in new show about Dinosaurs.
- FIX YETI!!!
- Get rid of FASTPASS for Dinosaur (i mean, it doesn't rlly need it.)

General Area :
Bring back River Country

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom