If you were the GM of Disney...

Thrill

* cracks knuckles *

You missed some things:

MK
-Kill the HM queue, bring back the Hatbox Ghost, and intensify the stretch room.
-Refurbish Tom Sawyer's Island.
-Clean up everything.
-Jungle Cruise overhaul in the style of HM's 2007 refurb.
-Weaken the Jack Sparrow influence in PotC. I'm okay with him being there, but the dialogue changing to "Jack Sparrow!" is just annoying.
-Make Tomorrowland more cohesive -- that includes the removal of SGE and Laugh Floor.
-A new dark ride in place of Snow White (as part of FLE).

Epcot
-New Soarin' video, which focuses on nature all over the world.
-Russia pavilion.

Hollywood Studios
-Replacements for the aging live shows.

Animal Kingdom
-Replace Camp Minnie Mickey with South America.
-Add mythical beasts to all continents -- they already started this with Everest, so Beastly Kingdom is not worth it at this point.
-Replace Chester and Hester's.

Belle1004

Have you considered a job with Disney? Great ideas! I like them all, especially the UK ideas. Nice way to compete with Harry Potter but in an original way.

thewhitequeen

I would call my imagineers together and give them a new slogan..

DESTROY HARRY POTTER..

you have two weeks:

and then give them a ONE YEAR TIME LINE..

IF whole parks can be built in a year, so can these new rides..

and since there are a ton of construction workers looking for jobs, it would be a boon to the economy..

that should be enough to get the discussion started..

Why? :veryconfu I understand wanting to create jobs, but why would you destroy someone elses hard work in the process?

MarkTwain

At the moment, i dont think anything could rlly beat harry potter.

Oh, I don't know. I think a tactful combination of big-name attractions at each park - FLE for Magic Kingdom, a revamped and high-tech Imagination or some new World Showcase countries for Epcot, a mega-Star Wars/Indy land for DHS, and a mythological land including some E-tickets for AK - would make Harry Potter yesterday's news.

But if by your comment you mean that Disney would never actually attempt anything of the scale necessary to do that, then I would probably agree.

maxairmike

Where oh where to begin...well, I suppose I'll start with the parks, but there are lots of improvements to make in the general RCID, I believe. So for a quick run-down, I'll give you a bullet list. If no explanation follows, I either cannot give you one, or I don't wish to write an essay. :lol:

MK
- Redo the turnstile plaza (the "newspaper" shop will actually sell a newspaper, but that's in the Part 2 post)
- Add more green to the Town Square
- Bring back a little more green to the Hub, reducing the current concrete sightline to the equally gray castle walls
- Consider a new paving texture/style for Main Street
- Tomorrowland, get rid of the reliance on Disney characters, bring back the future focus with some classic features
- Goodbye Stitch!
- As much as I love Buzz, I think they can do a better attraction while keeping the interaction along with a focus on the future. If the Imagineers can find a way to keep Buzz, that's even better. Oh, and no FastPass on an Omnimover!
- Monsters is cool, but it belongs in Studios, replace it with something future-focused, again. Again, Imagineering, let's see what you can do!
- Peoplemover gets its WEDWay name back, transportation of the future is the key!
- Get the theme consistent! The back half of Tomorrowland is still plaster and stucco, while the front half is metal and plastic. Tighten it up, make it cohesive.
- The spires are back!...Only not in their previous form. They would bring back the kinetic energy to the gateway.
- Update CoP​
- Update Country Bears, full mechanical refurb/rebuild!
- Refurbish TSI, and the riverboat.
- Return a regular show to the Horshoe
- Update AAs throughout PoTC, not so much Cap'n Jack Sparrow.
- Update lighting to LED and CFL gradually, where possible.

EPCOT
- It is officially EPCOT Center again
- The return of the glass centerpiece for the entry fountain
- Finish SSE
- Return elements of Communicore Plaza, if crowd flow allows, bring it back in its entirety.
- Innoventions gets a complete refurb, retains name, but returns to a bit of the original Communicore layout and similar exhibits/attractions.
- Imagination! We all know what needs to happen here.
- The Seas keeps the Nemo theme, but gets refurbed to some of the Living Seas glory (Hydrolators return!).
- Soarin gets updated with a new film, and so long FastPass!
- Circle of Life gets an update while Imagineering works on a replacement for that space. Whatever it is, it will be edutainment.
- Given the availability of appropriate space to house festival centers elsewhere, the Imagineers get another crack at Wonders of Life.
- World Showcase Plaza gets some life added to it.
- Mission:Space gets expanded into a full space pavilion to the rear and sides.
- Universe of Energy gets a much needed update.
- If the super capacity of the current attraction is not an absolute necessity and the cost/visitor large enough, the building gets reworked into an energy pavilion.
- New ride (likely an Omnimover or EGV) that takes up much less space in the pavilion.
- Interactive exhibits​
- Test Track gets a rework for better focus on the story aspect as it relates to Future World
- The exit is reworked to remove the blatant dealer show room "buy me" atmosphere.​
- Odyssey gets reopened as a quick service lunch and table service dinner location.
- Russia gets added to the Showcase, and maybe one other country (current Outpost area).
- Update Impressions de France.
- Consider expanding current pavilions. I am, however, not of the opinion that much needs to be done outside of some minor refurbing.
- Update Illuminations, possibly with some WoC tech.

DHS
- Relocate the freaking hat, return the Chinese Theater to its rightful role as park icon!
- Update GMR, keep the final sequence of the final montage, though (I love Star Wars :D ).
- American Idol Experience will only last as long as the TV show. Start preparing a more "permanent" show.
- Goodbye Backlot Tour!
- Pixar Place expansion
- Monsters Inc. coaster
- Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor relocates to the coaster area
- No more FastPass on TSM
- Some sort of Cars attraction(s)​
- Consider some Lucas attractions with an expansion of that area (made possible by a following change). Stunt show stays.
- Sounds Dangerous gets replaced by a better show.
- Completely redo the way vehicles access the parking lot
- Ideally the new entrance and toll plaza would be from Victory way. The entrance road would be at the top just beyond the tram lane.
- The Buena Vista Drive entrance would be only for CMs and busses, but would remain the main exit. Depending upon traffic studies, a secondary exit may be an option.​
- Expand on the concept of Osborne Lights by making a Christmas "party" for all guests. This is something I could write a large essay on, and I've already taken more than an hour to get this far. If you want to know more, you'll have to wait.

Okay...wow, I am really going overboard, aren't I? :lol: Consider this Part 1. Part 2 will come later (maybe tonight, likely tomorrow). Obviously the areas to be covered there are DAK, DTD, General Resort issues, and RCID.

bjlc57

if you ask Lee , he would tell you that there were Plans to Make Harry Potter Ville look like Hooterville..

but at the last moment it failed to get the green light..

my plan was to come up with enough new items to make every one Talk only about WALT DISNEY WORLD, and to forget that Harry Potter expansion ever happened.

and to fast track it , so to speak. none of this wait two years for a ride or a whole park that could be built in just over one year.

Magic Kingdom did not take 3 years to build. heck the Empire state building took less then a year.

what I am saying is this, you can "drag it out" or GET IT DONE.. and right now the DRAG IT OUT bean counters are winning on a daily basis.

I say spend the money and the faster it gets done the faster you get money to pay for it..

Spike-in-Berlin

Brazillian Tour Group Etiquette 101
A brief course/seminar that must be attended by tour groups before access to parks will be granted. If you score a 90% or above on the "How not to push & shove" final exam, you pass!

By jove you really are into this topic are you? But I definitely understand you, they are really obnoxious and a menace.

spectrodanny

bring back the Country Bear Christmas Special then implement Small World Holiday the following year, i'd *EVENTUALLY* do Haunted Mansion Holiday as well but i'd wait for Phil Holmes to retire first
give the Country Bear Jamboree a DECENT refurb
Bring a BRAND NEW Daytime Parade to the Magic Kingdom
re-imagine "Wishes" to include a Magic Kingdom version of the "E Tickets In The Sky" portion of RDCT
update the final scene of carousel Of Progress.
look for a new spot in Frontierland to build a carbon-copy of Disneyland's "Pirates" for WDW
now if i wasa President of the whole resort: defer my salary until a extension of the Monorail to the other two parks can become a reality

mp2bill

I would call my imagineers together and give them a new slogan..

DESTROY HARRY POTTER..

you have two weeks:

and then give them a ONE YEAR TIME LINE..

IF whole parks can be built in a year, so can these new rides..

and since there are a ton of construction workers looking for jobs, it would be a boon to the economy..

that should be enough to get the discussion started..
Sounds good to me!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom