If you hate the hat at DHS, now is the time to say something.

SeaCastle

Didn't TDO/WDI acknowledge disomfort with the hat months/years ago at some conference? Why didn't they act on it?

At the park's 20th anniversary, Imagineer Bob Weis hinted the hat was coming down. I had read that the Hollywood Studios Vice President, Rilous Carter, didn't want to spend the money to remove the hat. Now that they're building a new meet and greet around the hat, I doubt that it would be removed anytime in the near future. (I believe it was WDW1974 that said the Imagineering Guide to DHS was delayed due to the planned removal of the hat, but obviously that never panned out.

PixarfortheWin

At the park's 20th anniversary, Imagineer Bob Weis hinted the hat was coming down. I had read that the Hollywood Studios Vice President, Rilous Carter, didn't want to spend the money to remove the hat. Now that they're building a new meet and greet around the hat, I doubt that it would be removed anytime in the near future. (I believe it was WDW1974 that said the Imagineering Guide to DHS was delayed due to the planned removal of the hat, but obviously that never panned out.

I cant see it costing that much to take it down.....i mean it is just welded steel.....

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
It is very hard to know how somebody means something on a message board unless they have been a member of that board for a while and know how people think and react.

To accuse someone of viciously attacking somebody when questioning their motives of a certain posting style is certainly jumping the gun. Go back a re-read the posts in question. Think about it for a minute... then drop it... it's over. It has nothing to do with anybody but the two people involved.

That being said...thank you to those that know me on these boards. To my detractor, you certainly know a lot about the rules of this forum and other members to have JUST joined. :rolleyes:

That is all I'm gonna about this. This thread is being unsubscribed to.

jhastings74

would walt have said they are "weenie-blocking"?

lol!

I will admit, though... I have no memories of the park before the hat, so I'm kind of sentimental about it. It's how I remember the park. But I am also pretty adaptable. ;) I was okay when the wand came down. I'm sure I'd survive the relocation of the hat.

jhastings74

And therein lies the issue: anyone's opinion is valid, at the very least to themselves, if not others. Your approal or disapproval is irrelevant; it's their opinion. Calling them illogical or anything else is simply being argumentative.

Perfectly stated. Thanks, wm49rs. :wave:

MarkTwain

I cant see it costing that much to take it down.....i mean it is just welded steel.....

Yeah. But you have to wall off the area around it, bring in cranes and dump trucks and other equipment to take it down. That will cost some money.

I agree, taking down the hat in itself shouldn't be too expensive. The real cost, I imagine, would be the completely overhaul of all the resort mechandise, maps, signage, etc. to remove anything with a hat on it and put a theater/Earful tower on it instead.

PixarfortheWin

I agree, taking down the hat in itself shouldn't be too expensive. The real cost, I imagine, would be the completely overhaul of all the resort mechandise, maps, signage, etc. to remove anything with a hat on it and put a theater/Earful tower on it instead.

If you move it out front then you wont have to change the merchandise.

trr1

I value your opinion Richard however I do not agree with it
here is post 114
RICHARD on September 15th, 2010 at 10:14 pm

The hat should stay were it is. The Chinese theater does not have the flash a picture needs. How many of use have a picture taken in front of the hat. Most all of use, the theater would not have the same affect.

BrerFrog

I value your opinion Richard however I do not agree with it
here is post 114
RICHARD on September 15th, 2010 at 10:14 pm

The hat should stay were it is. The Chinese theater does not have the flash a picture needs. How many of use have a picture taken in front of the hat. Most all of use, the theater would not have the same affect.

I think families will take pictures with whatever Disney puts at the end of their parks' central street.

herc

The Hat has outlived its time on Hollywood Blvd. It was a wonderful "temporary" addition for Walt's 100 years celebration. It has proved successful as a new icon for the Studios. Unfortunately, it ruins the theming of Hollywood Blvd. Right now we have a chinese theatre with a huge pin store in the Hat in front of it. Then in front of that we have a stage. Enough is enough. As for the park president trying to save money. Stop it!! You need to spend to keep the place running.
Move the hat to a wonderful location at the entrance of the park. It can still be the icon. It can still be a pin store. Heck, you can even put a stage in front of it. A welcome show in the morning and goodbye show after Fantasmic (when Fantasmic actually plays of course, because you know it's a cost savings. Hmmm, shouldn't the admission on those days be cheaper since they are not running a show on that day? Hmmmm.

DABIGCHEEZ

Let me guess, you have no memory of DHS without the hat, right?

Sorry you are incorrect there jt04. I have been to WDW many times since my first visit in 1976 (I think). So sorry, I do know what it looked like before the hat as I was to MGM many times.

Fact is I am not that upset over the hat placement... that is all. I know the idea of someone not being upset over something like this blows some folks minds though. :rolleyes:

EDIT: I have not been on here for a few weeks and did not read the full thread before posting above...I am surprised I was still allowed to add a post and the thread was not locked.

trr1

Sorry you are incorrect there jt04. I have been to WDW many times since my first visit in 1976 (I think). So sorry, I do know what it looked like before the hat as I was to MGM many times.

Fact is I am not that upset over the hat placement... that is all. I know the idea of someone not being upset over something like this blows some folks minds though. :rolleyes:

EDIT: I have not been on here for a few weeks and did not read the full thread before posting above...I am surprised I was still allowed to add a post and the thread was not locked.
welcome back to the discussion forums after your vacation away:wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom