***if you had the chance to upgrade for $200***

Chirs

I need your advice.

If you had the chance to upgrade at Wilderness Lodge from a standard room to a Courtyard/Pool room would you do it for $200.00 for 14 nights. It seems a great price, what do you think. I need to upgrade in next few hours so your advice would be really appreciated.:)

jjgoo

I have not stayed at WL so I am not familiar with the rooms, but I hear that the standard woods view is still very nice. I would probably keep the standard room and have a nice dinner or two. Just my opinion.

Good luck!

Upvote 0

slappy magoo

It'd be one thing if you could upgrade to a room that overlooks the lagoon for that price, but I'd think the courtyard/pool view might get kinda noisy sometimes. Personally, I'd stick with the woods view, but I'm not everyone's cup of tea.

Upvote 0

mousefan1972

Do you have a woods view or standard view?

Standard view is of parking areas and/or restaurant loading areas and/or other unpleasantness. Woods view is of, well, woods. (Duh) We stayed in a woods view room last month and it was fine. Nothing spectacular, but nothing ugly or noisy, either. :shrug:

The one time we stayed in a courtyard view room, we had a straight-on view of Bay Lake. We were at the very end of one of the "wings". It was gorgeous. It was even better b/c we didn't pay for it. We booked a standard view room but were assigned a courtyard view.

I think I would pay to upgrade, only b/c you are there for 14 nights and if you get a view of a not -so- beautiful loading area, complete with truck noise at 6 a.m., that would really stink.

Upvote 0

YankeeMouse

We were upgraded to a courtyard view plus a king bed. All the king bed rooms there are wheelchair accessible which meant there was only one sink in the bathroom, and it was a very small vanity area, to make room for a bigger commode area..just something else to consider.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

Love the woods view, but after being upgraded to a courtyard view one year that is all we take now. We try to get the same room each time. It's on the 6th floor overlooking the quiet pool and the villas. We've also overlooked the large pool and have not had a problem with noise. :shrug:

Upvote 0

Yellow Shoes

There is nothing I want to see that is worth an extra $200.

Remember also that many of the balconies at Wilderness Lodge are solid metal, so that when you are sitting you can't see anything.

Do something wonderful with the extra money--a nice dinner, some expensive perfume at Norway or France, some one of a kind artwork, etc.

Or just use it to start saving for your next trip...........

Upvote 0

tecowdw

I need your advice.

If you had the chance to upgrade at Wilderness Lodge from a standard room to a Courtyard/Pool room would you do it for $200.00 for 14 nights. It seems a great price, what do you think. I need to upgrade in next few hours so your advice would be really appreciated.:)
If it is $200 total ($14/night), then YES!! If it is $200 per night then I would probably not.

The downside risk of the standard view is you might get a view of the dumpsters. For $200 it would be worth the courtyard view to guarantee no dumpster view, IMHO. However, for $2800, I just would take that risk.

Now, if you have the disposable income for it either way, go for it!

Upvote 0

coltow

Our standard view was of the bus stop, not too nice. Our courtyard view was amazing. We were closer to the lobby than the pool. When we stepped outside we could hear the river running, it was very peaceful. If it is $200 for the whole trip I personally would not hesitate to upgrade. If it's $200 a night then probably not worth it.

Upvote 0

Ilovewishes

We had a courtyard / pool view for our honeymoon and it was amazing! Our balcony was facing the direction of MK and when we weren't in the parks, we would sit on the balcony and watch the Wishes fireworks over the rooftop, followed by the Light Parade on the lagoon. It was fantastic! We had a great view of the geyser, the pool looks beautiful from above and we weren't bothered by noise at all!

If it was up to me, I would defo go with the upgrade!!

Upvote 0

kimmychad

I need your advice.

unless its a view of the magic kingdom fireworks or of a savanah i wouldn't, the view isn't usually that important to me.

Upvote 0

durangojim

I would definately do it! Don't forget the courtyard view also includes the side of the WL that faces the Villas. That's what we actually prefer as it's quieter and if you get a room on the main floor, you can walk right out your patio to the Villa's pool which is much less crowded.

Upvote 0

daverube

Depending on the time of year, the pool area may be a bit noisy. My wife and I received a free upgrade in late Oct/early Nov. 2006 from standard view (parking lot) to pool view. Our room was on the first floor (not much of a view), but it provided EASY access to get in an out of the WL. That made the room change worth it (not to mention that it was free).

Also, in Oct./Nov. 2006 there didn't seem to be a whole lot of people around, so it was VERY quiet.

In general, we don't care what the view from our room is because we use our room solely for sleeping/cleaning up/storing luggage. In your case, I would not pay more simply for the "view."

No matter what, you will have a great time at the WL!!! It is a wonderful resort. As a bit of advice, although the boat ride to the MK is nice (I'd do it once during daylight), take the bus to the TTC and then Monorail over to the MK. We found the bus/monorail route to be MUCH faster than the boat.

My 2 cents....

dave

Upvote 0

Chirs

Original Poster
thanks for all your advice...i decided to go for it as it was 200 for the full 14 nights and i think that if its a nicer view and you can see bay lake it will make it worth it......

Upvote 0

mousefan1972

thanks for all your advice...i decided to go for it as it was 200 for the full 14 nights and i think that if its a nicer view and you can see bay lake it will make it worth it......

Yay! :sohappy: I'm sure you will be pleased with WL. We can't wait to go back in December. :xmas:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom