If You Go Down To The Parks Today..Your In For A Big Surprise...

Status
Not open for further replies.

StarWarsGirl

I honestly notice more issues since I've been here than before I was on here...

Now the obvious stuff of course I'm going to notice. Like when the ruined Test Track. Or with Splash Mountain when the music was out of sync trip after trip after trip. Or when there was no dragon in Fantasmic one night. But I'm not nit picky, and I understand that some stuff, like a broken effect, is beyond their control (especially when a CM told me how hard it was to get an umbrella put in...yikes). And I love Disney. I must given that in one of my classes we've got a group project studying a particular company and my group is studying Disney Parks. Yeah, they took one look at me and said, "You want to do Disney, don't you?"

barnett

I just got back last night from 7 days in the parks. I'm an AP holder so a pretty frequent visitor. Last time I was there was early March. I noticed a number of improvements from then. It was not perfect, never will be again. More than 60% of the time I used a rest room there was an attendant working on it and they were clean. I only found one or two nasty cast members. For the most part they all seemed to be more friendly than the last few times I was there. One complaint is that there seemed to be less places to sit. Removing benches will not cause me to spend money by keeping me on my feet, it will just cause me to sit on a wall or the ground or someplace else that they would rather I didn't.

draybook

I will say that the only complaint I had in regards to bathrooms was that the one time I used the men's restroom at Rapunzel's tower the a/c was either not on or wasn't working at all. That's inexcusable in September but the restrooms have always been clean when I've used them.

bethymouse

We go every year. I guess I notice some things like the water bottles bobbing around near the boat launch areas, and that's sad!:( I also think that Carousel of Progress needs some serious love in terms of the seating! The seats are dirty and worn out, sadly!:in pain: My husband noticed more trash, but I didn't. IMHO WDW is still the cleanest and nicest of the parks to visit. I have never had to complain about anything. Lucky I guess.:cat: But, if I needed anything at all those Cast members were right on it, especially at the resort hotels.:greedy: We even stayed off site. It was nice, but I still prefer to spend the money to stay on site. I'm looking forward to big changes in the coming years, so things to me are looking up!:joyfull:

SteveAZee

As to the original topic, I've been going to WDW for 40 years now and have seen lots of changes. What's most notable to me over that time has been the ebb and flow of quality and profit-taking... the former being a mix of the tangibles and intangibles (over all maintenance being one) and the latter being raising prices while not providing some corresponding value.

I get the sense that people point out issues with dirt, closed rides, reduced services etc because they feel that the best way to stem the tide and get the parks back on track is to point out what the problems are. Some people will just not attend choosing Uni or some other venue, others would like to stay and fight (and/or complain about the issues) and help make the parks better. I don't care very much about individual issues, but after being there a week or more at a stretch, one can get a 'sense' of what the trend is (up or down) of the overall care and maintenance of the place.

It would be interesting to find out how Disney actually makes the decision to turn the tide.. on a park, or a land, or in attitude (as they've done many times over the years)... is it attendance, is it from suits doing walkthroughs, is it complaints in the media or on the boards, or something else?

copcarguyp71

This...

Here is my entry to the earlier mentioned trip report rewritten:

"The Jungle Cruise was down and the trip ruined. We planned our entire trip around the Jungle Cruise and it was not running. How can they call themselves a family theme park, yet when families go they can't ride the Jungle Cruise? We went over to main street and found a bench to sit on to plan our reaction. There was gum on the bench. In the old days, Walt would have never let this happen. He planned gum free benches and the place just is not what it used to be. The bench needed painting too. And the lovebugs...they were flying around like it was Florida or something. I just don't get it. We pay good money to come here and something like this happens...never going back I tell you...never. And the crowds...don't even get me started. It was never this crowded before. If they have all this money coming in they can hire more cast members to keep the bathrooms clean. Never going back I tell you...never. Tomorrow Epcot...I dread seeing that place! Then AK...nothing there so we will only be subjected to it till about noon. DHS...we don't even go there any more."

is intended to do this...

bon-fire-gasoline.jpg

IAmFloridaBorn

You do realize if you have your folks that never complain and whine, nothing will ever get done at WDW right? Because the people who don't let it ruin their vacation (While secretly being unhappy with some things) won't speak up.

copcarguyp71

You do realize if you have your folks that never complain and whine, nothing will ever get done at WDW right? Because the people who don't let it ruin their vacation (While secretly being unhappy with some things) won't speak up.

The ONLY way the current regime will respond is if attendance drops and especially if DVC units go unsold. We have bailed on vacations at the world for the immediate future where once we were going every other year and most recently three in a row. I won't call it a boycott per sae but not giving up your dollar to them is really the only way the execs are going to get introspective at this point I think.

hellowonderland

I adore Disney. It's where I met my husband and I'll always, always hold a special place for it in my little, magic-loving heart. ;)

But ... and there's always a 'but'... it's so ridiculously expensive. It keeps getting more and more expensive. That would be fine with me if they were putting in new attractions with the same level of speed as Universal, and keeping up with maintenance and ride upkeep and paying attention to what guests are saying. I just don't get the feeling that they are. When we were there last year, every single major ride broke down at least once (SM was down for most of our 11 day trip), PoTC kept holding people hostage, Food & Wine was so busy as to be unenjoyable, the wait times were CRAZYTOWN and I can't honestly say we didn't end the vacation thinking, Was it worth it?

We wrote to Guest Relations, relaying our concerns and comparing and contrasting the experience with the 4 day DCL cruise we took before we arrived at WDW (our cruise was perfection). We didn't get a response.

So, yeah, we will be putting vacations on hold after this trip in December. We're thinking maybe 2015 or 2016 at this point, depending on what happens in the meantime. It's not because we don't love Disney - it's because we do, and I can't think of any other way to show them that we're not happy with the way things are going.

copcarguyp71

I adore Disney. It's where I met my husband and I'll always, always hold a special place for it in my little, magic-loving heart. ;)

But ... and there's always a 'but'... it's so ridiculously expensive. It keeps getting more and more expensive. That would be fine with me if they were putting in new attractions with the same level of speed as Universal, and keeping up with maintenance and ride upkeep and paying attention to what guests are saying. I just don't get the feeling that they are. When we were there last year, every single major ride broke down at least once (SM was down for most of our 11 day trip), PoTC kept holding people hostage, Food & Wine was so busy as to be unenjoyable, the wait times were CRAZYTOWN and I can't honestly say we didn't end the vacation thinking, Was it worth it?

We wrote to Guest Relations, relaying our concerns and comparing and contrasting the experience with the 4 day DCL cruise we took before we arrived at WDW (our cruise was perfection). We didn't get a response.

So, yeah, we will be putting vacations on hold after this trip in December. We're thinking maybe 2015 or 2016 at this point, depending on what happens in the meantime. It's not because we don't love Disney - it's because we do, and I can't think of any other way to show them that we're not happy with the way things are going.

A very centered and well thought out statement that echoes our feelings as well (except meeting at EPCOT)

ToyStoryMiss

In the 10 years I've been going to Disney World, I couldn't care less about what's "imperfect" there. Hey, I'm lucky enough to have gone all these times!

All I see when I'm there is the wonderfulness of the World. If paint's chipped, or if there's a tiny piece of trash on the ground, I don't care! All I care about is gratefully spending my time in Walt Disney World. I think in a very positive way, and I always see the good in things, never the bad. And, while I do get upset about things here and there- like a favorite ride being refurbished or a certain character that's been out for years suddenly disappears, *cough* Mad Hatter *cough*, I always think "Hey, there's plenty of things of other things to do!" I don't just sit in a gloom corner and mope because something is closed, I get on with my life and enjoy it! I always remember that it'll be open next year, or the certain character might be out next year.
I want to say a lot of things to the people that just focus on the negative, but, since I'm the human embodiment of Winnie the Pooh, I will never say those things. It just wouldn't be polite. :joyfull:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom