If you could move the hat, where would you move it?

If you could move the scorcerer's hat, where would you put it?

• To the front of DHS outside of the gates

Votes: 28 31.8%
  • To the animation courtyard

Votes: 17 19.3%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 9 10.2%
  • Get rid of it entirely

Votes: 10 11.4%
  • Its fine where it is

Votes: 24 27.3%

• Total voters

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Yes on top of SSE bring the hand and wand back and project an animated mickey face on it. Infact the hand could be changed from wand to just an extended single digit.

just to wind the purists up of course

Scooter

Leave it where it is.

It's great for giving directions.

"Where's Star Tours and/or Muppets located?"

"Turn left at the Giant Hat!":lol:

plaz10

call me crazy, but it doesn't bother me. It serves as a much better icon than the theater (which isn't even disneys) or the water tower. How much fun could you have with a water tower? Sure it wasn't there when the park opened, but it's there to stay now.

I agree. While the theater is a beautiful building...it isn't a Disney Icon at all. The thing that distinguishes these theme parks from others is that Disney essence of the park. I personally liked the Epcot wand. Yes - it was to be a futuristic world but in a DISNEY park. Mickey had every right to hold a wand on Epcot's icon. I personally like the hat (but not the pin trading...i just don't understand that concept..why not just buy the pins you want instead of buying ones you don't and trading for others?) ANYWAY...the hat is a great Disney icon and it's not like they demolished the theater...it's still there.

DisneyMusician2

I like the idea of the Animation courtyard. It really belongs there, and would be like its counterpart in Burbank.

But let's get rid of these temporary structures. Tacky is the right word for all of them in my book.

burninup4nick

I think its perfectly fine where it is. I know it hasn't been there since the park opened but in my oppinion its grown to become the park icon. The water tower is really boring and not very "magical". The hat adds something to DHS I personally love it. Its the center of the park which is where all the other park icons are and it should be the center as well. Just my oppinion :)

Philo

I would move it 2.34 inches North and 1.5 inches West :lookaroun

Oh, a serious answer? Keep it, I quite like it!

Move it to All-Star Movies .. wait, they already have a giant sorcerer's hat there. Better move it over to California at the Disneyland Hotel .. wait, they have a sorcerer's hat there too. They could move it to Disney's animation department .. wait, they have one there too! I've got it! They could move it to one of those discontinued Club Disney locations .. wait, they already use sorcerer's hats as icons - I doubt they'd want more. It seems like everyone already owns a socerer's hat. :shrug: ;)

Mr.EPCOT

Elementary my dear Watson: Up the rear end of the person who thought it would be a good idea to put it there in the first place.... HA HA!

(.. I'm surprised no other Hat-haters stated that location yet... )

Sorry, I dislike the Hat almost as much as I disliked the wand... it's time to go Hat...

Hey, I was going to say that, only much more crudely, and concerning Jay Rasulo! :lol:

I personally liked the Epcot wand. Yes - it was to be a futuristic world but in a DISNEY park. Mickey had every right to hold a wand on Epcot's icon.

All I can say is, thank goodness cooler heads had the power to remove the darn thing. Disney is so much more than just a loveable cartoon rodent, and Mickey certainly isn't some kind of overlord who would give a rat's you-know-what about imposing his FANTASY-based magic will on the futuristic icon of a REALITY-based park. I love Mickey, but I don't want him forced on me when I am trying to enjoy other aspects of Disney's entertainment offerings.

Move it to All-Star Movies .. wait, they already have a giant sorcerer's hat there. Better move it over to California at the Disneyland Hotel .. wait, they have a sorcerer's hat there too. They could move it to Disney's animation department .. wait, they have one there too! I've got it! They could move it to one of those discontinued Club Disney locations .. wait, they already use sorcerer's hats as icons - I doubt they'd want more. It seems like everyone already owns a socerer's hat. :shrug: ;)

I think this brings up an excellent point: not a very creative icon when it has been used to identify SO many other aspects of the Disney organization. Maybe not as public as the Studios park, but unoriginal nonetheless.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom