If You Could Live On Disney Property

MKBurn15

I would want to live on one of those mysterious island thingies where everyone's always like, whoa, those islands are mysterious. What rides are there? Journey to Center of Earth or something? Yeah, I would want to live there. Except there would be a house... and a boat. :lookaroun

wannabeBelle

I would take the suite at the Beach Club that Samantha Brown showed on one of her specials. Gotta have room to entertain the friends after all!!!! I wonder of that room sports a lagoon view?? Belle

KaliSplash

Decisions, decisions.

Apart from the obvious ones, such as the Castle apartment and the top of the Contemporary:

A Bay Lake-front room at Wilderness Lodge.
A turrent room at Grand Floridian
The modern house in the Carosel of Progress
The fort on Tom Sawyer's Island
The Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse
The Riverboat in Splash Mountain
The farmhouse in Living with the Land.
The space station in Mission:Space (ok, this would be a challenge)
The village at the end of the Maelstrom
The Ewok Village?
A hut near Kali River Rapids

Bill

Account Suspended
I think I'll build in Celebration. Of course, I'd have to have a direct monorail connection to Epcot. :)

MKBurn15

Inside the Honey I shrunk the Kids Playset.
On a Buzz Lightyear Space ship.
Inside that Ice Hut thing at Epcot.
In a monorail. (The front car of course)
On the ferry.
Spaceship Earth.
Inside the Alien/Stich Encounter ride. In the Alien Tube.
On the Magic Kingdom Train.
In Donald Duck's boat.
Dumbo.
One of the tea cups.
The old Little Mermaid submarine ride.
Tree of Life.
The Safari Ride.
Dinoland in the big sandbox with dinosaur bones.
Space Mountain, the long air-conditioned line.
If I had gills, the Living Seas.
And The old Tiki Hut.
Oh, and the Cinderella Castle I suppose...
:wave:

Nansafan

Castle apartment, Haunted Mansion, Hollywood Tower Hotel, or Germany (pick an upstairs room). My son said the "EPCOT Ball, I'd live in a giant ball". Don't bash me, he's 17 and been to WDW 15+times and knows it's called Spaceship Earth. He's into his own language lately (creating words that aren't but should be etc.).

Pixmel

Originally posted by Scooter
I'd like to live in Ice Station Cool

It would be nice on those nights when I wake up thirsty.:slurp:

Yeah, but some of those are completely NASTY!!! There's really only two of them that I think are drinkable. :animwink:

Hmmmm....where would I want to live......so many ideas.....

The little wagon "home" in the middle of Big Thunder or the shack by the railroad track wouldn't be bad, but they're a bit small.

In the parks, my best guess would be above one of the shops on Main Street, somewhere in the Haunted Mansion, in one of the houses in Pirates, in the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse, on Tom Sawyer Island........oooh, somewhere out in the safari at AK with all the animals or a suite built into the Great Movie Ride theatre.........

Oh, who am I kidding? I'd live anywhere in any park that they would let me..........

Out of the parks, I like the cabin at Fort Wilderness idea, the Grand Floridian or a house rent/mortgage-free at Celebration. :lol:

With annual passes for me and my family for life (assuming I wouldn't be working there anymore)..........

MKBurn15

Has no one seen Boy Meets World? When Shawn and Cory go after Topanga, they end up spending the night in a log ride. (Couldn't be Splash Mountain, they were in Epcot?) So they would definitely let you spend the night in Disney World.... according to the TV show. I'm basing many real live events on TV.

Spaceship_Rob

My vote would be in an upper level of the Tree of Life in AK. I think that the carvings are spectacular and I'd bet that you'd see something different each time you looked. Also, sunrise over the AK would be awsome.

weluvtink

In the Italian pavillion. To wake up and go to bed with the lagoon in view would be perfect. My husband chooses above the stage in the American Adventure. He's weird.

eclipseSD

eclipseSD...

the first one is fairly true... I knew one of the people there.

What do these cast members think of their accommodations? Have you ever seen this trailer park? They at least provide decent living to have a one year waiting list. Though $25,000 and $10 a month doesn't sound like they provide luxurious villas for these employees.

It would be interesting though to have a house (or even a trailer) right on property near the MK. But, I never live there fully, as it doesn't sound like my kind of style.

Mad Stitch

I don’t think anyone has mentioned old Discovery Island in Bay Lake yet, so I claim that island. Disney isn’t using it so I’ll take it and build a log cabin.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Originally posted by eclipseSD
What do these cast members think of their accommodations? Have you ever seen this trailer park? They at least provide decent living to have a one year waiting list. Though $25,000 and $10 a month doesn't sound like they provide luxurious villas for these employees.

It would be interesting though to have a house (or even a trailer) right on property near the MK. But, I never live there fully, as it doesn't sound like my kind of style.

the cast members living there are all Executives, and it's only so Lake Buena Vista and Bay Lake have "populations" and a working "government."

The former chief of Disney Security, Bob Streit (i went to high school with his son, Jacob) was one of the residents for MANY years and was also mayor of Bay Lake...

Pixie Duster

I would love to live there,....

the days where I work and then 8.5 hours later have to be back I wish I could just sleep in the car. MK and Epcot have showers I could just shower there, it would be so much easier han driving home, which takes an hour.

MKBurn15

If you fall asleep in one of the rides and you're out of sight, does anyone check to see if you're still there? Could you try to sleep inside one of the rides without getting kicked out? HOW MUCH DO CHURROS COST?!

Crockett

Banned
1. At the very top of SSE during the "planet earth" scene.
2. In a cave on Tom Sawyer's Island
3. ANY pavillion in World Showcase
4. ANYwhere in Adventureland
5. On the Boardwalk

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom