If You Could Live On Disney Property

eclipseSD

From the Hidden Mickey website:

This is in response to the Fun Facts about Disney World about people living on property. I just finished my term on the college program and was informed on my "Job shadowing" day about the "Residents of Reedy Creek Improvement District". There is a trailer park type are off of Reams Road (the road that will take you right past the MK cast parking). Right before you hit the road that will take you to cast parking and disney university, there is a gravel road (on the driver side if you're traveling toward the Kingdom's Cast Parking) that looks like an old abandoned road. If you drive up to the gates, there is a sign that says no tresspassing. It is in this area that cast members live. I think there are 10-15 of theses trailer houses. I also know that there is at least a year waiting peroid to live there. If I remember correctly, it cost $25,000 for the property up front, but rent is only $10/month or some outrageously low figure like that.

There is one man that lives on the Disney property who is not a member of the "Disney" family. He would not sell his property to Disney during the big buy out. His house is located by the waste treatment plant, and is behind some rather large bunkers.

Not sure how true the above statements are, but I found them interesting.

i think that me and mickey would make pretty good roomates at his house in toontown if he kicks me out id take his girl and move in with minnie. shes hot stuff:p :drevil:

MKBurn15

I Already live on Disney World property. You want to live in Disney World also? Talk to me. I'll be under the bench on Main Street U.S.A. I might look like this. :brick:

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
eclipseSD...

the first one is fairly true... I knew one of the people there.

Pioneer Hall

The King Kamehameha Suite at the Polynesian would work well for me. I wouldn't want to live in a park, because sometimes you need to relax at a resort with the pool. That is also a two story suite with concierge service so I think I could get used to that. :lol:

Samwayla

I would want to live in Fort Wilderness also, in one of the cabins. This is a little off topic but I wonder if the old Fort Wilderness Homes (The Ft. Wilderness Homes were replaced by Ft. Wilderness
cabins a while back) are in the trailer park type place for CM's off of Reams Rd talked about in a previous post. I would love to buy one of those. Call me crazy but I think it'd be so cool.

kennyj29

Disney Insider you beat me to it!!!

I also agree about the suite at the Polynesian. It's my favorite resort and who could turn down that suite? It's beautiful from the pictures I've seen from the disney suite website!

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I'd like to live on top of the Contemporary, a nice suite with concierge service. That way, I could see the sun rise and set each day over my favorite place in the world. :D I would love to watch the sun rise one day while on top of the Contemporary. My second thru fourth choices (some already mentioned in the thread) would be at the Beach Club, for it's pool and location, on the TTA, and above the Ice Cream Shoppe on the end of Main Street. The last one I chose because of Walt's name on the window, it would make me feel like he's there with me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom