If you could implement 1 major change throughout the parks, what would it be?

tpoly88

I debating between "mandate that at least one out of every 3 new experiences be original and not based on existing IP" and "get rid of any form of Fastpass/virtual lines. I think I'll go with the second one. But I know that will never happen so I would take the original paper Fastpass system and rules, only digital.

Why? AP's make up a very small percentage of park guests.

Agreed with the first part, firmly against the second part. Virtual queues are garbage and unnecessary after a few months of a new attraction being open.
why the hate on the AP's? cant we all get along...

tpoly88

I just find it odd so many people talk about bringing back some old form of fastpass…like “That will fix it”

No…they broke it by not building when their attendance when up 10-15 million clicks during the reign of Emperor Bob.

That IS the problem.

So none of these things can work. They just don’t have the seats.

If anything…fastpass 1.0 would “work” the best because it was a set rate…but there would be lines to run to the machines and they be out by 8:30 every morning. That solves nothing.
Agree, when you dont have the rides to soak up capacity it makes the lines on the other rides worse. Epcot has some rides that do that like Soarin, the Land and Nemo but the other parks do not. Slinky is the worst of these. Plus the park capacity is pretty high and no way the rides can handle that many people. Dont forget in 1982 the world pop was about 4.2 billion people, it is now 8 billion. there is just a lot of people!!

sixbagelboy

Probably an unpopular one but I’d also raise the price (if necessary) until demand matches supply so the parks wouldn’t require reservations. If the parks were the same quality they used to be I can’t imaging how packed they’d be in the post Covid travel boom.
I assume you’re talking about park admission fees only. Keep in mind they are nickel and diming us with additional fees, such as benefits which were free we are now paying for. Do you honestly think if they raise admission prices and attendance drops, they won’t raise these hidden fees? That will certainly reduce park attendance. And TDC will operate as usual by not funding park improvements but will continue to siphon even more park profits to the sinking mother ship.

JMcMahonEsq

I assume you’re talking about park admission fees only. Keep in mind they are nickel and diming us with additional fees, such as benefits which were free we are now paying for. Do you honestly think if they raise admission prices and attendance drops, they won’t raise these hidden fees? That will certainly reduce park attendance. And TDC will operate as usual by not funding park improvements but will continue to siphon even more park profits to the sinking mother ship.
I never understood the hate/negative view of more a la cart style pricing. I mean sure everyone likes getting stuff for free, but from a price efficiency standpoint, I hate paying for stuff that I don't use, and you know when you are paying just an all inclusive fee, that the costs for those items you don't use are included.

Sure there will be complaints that you are paying for things you used to get for "free" when a transition from a all inclusive fee to a la cart happens, but in the long run you are getting more control and flexibility on your spending, which I think everyone would agree is a good thing.

harryk

Abolish any type of fast pass be it free or paid for. Reinstitute the first come, first ride system as had for many years.
No more line jumping.

Cariad

YES!! Rope droppers need coffee and a quick bite too.

We do canned iced coffee and granola bars, but it would be great to have options.
I have a refillable cup every trip, so coffee and a danish first thing while stood in line isn't too much to ask for, is it.

Cariad

Abolish any type of fast pass be it free or paid for. Reinstitute the first come, first ride system as had for many years.
No more line jumping.
Don't get me started on line jumping. If you are caught then bye bye to your day at Disney. You all wait until the entire party is ready, park your strollers and scooters then enter. Don't send one person in and the rest follow later, be bold, don't let line jumpers pass and us who have stood in line properly need to stick together instead of looking the other way when one person refuses to let line jumpers pass. You might let a party go past who get on that ride that goes down when it's your turn and they get to ride and you don't.

jloucks

There has always been posters on forums that hate frequent travelers…for whatever reason. Same with dvc.

It never makes much sense other than “they hate em ‘cause they ain’t em”
The hate em cause they ain't em applies to lots of systems. People who pay to skip lines come immediately to mind.

Anytime anybody consumes something that you think should be yours (right or wrong) it is gonna ruffle feathers.

jloucks

No more free rides. All rides have a ticket, and that ticket price is adaptive. The price is set to whatever it takes to keep the wait time to 30 minutes or less.

The unlimited ride model no longer works in parks where attendance is astronomically high. 90+ minute ride wait times is almost offensive.

Last edited:

jloucks

Am I ignorant? We know over crowding is an issue and yes, they need more rides. But couldn't Disney set a more reasonable limit (max capacity) on how many tickets they sell to each park? Wouldn't that help with over crowding too?
That would help everything! ..except profit.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
All the toilets in all the theme parks should be clogged up at all times. This would lead to lower crowds. Also, I have installed several elaborately themed port a potties (essentially hidden to the untrained eye) that I could finally charge exorbitant usage fees for. Could backfire I suppose. Weird victory for the adult diapers on vacay crowd. May have to rethink.

Cariad

Returning to standby only lines would only cause more aggro and line jumping. The return of the FP+ is the most sensible, one more perk, albeit a small one, for resort guests getting early dibs on them and make all rides FP+, no VQ and limiting these rides to once a day. Keep LL for those with money to throw away,

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom