If you could implement 1 major change throughout the parks, what would it be?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Of all the things you could do that would make a difference, getting rid of APs is your priority?
That’s their standard schtick…over and over again

“Free loading passholders ruining things”
Volcano Bay has proven that it can work. Why make people wait in a 60-minute line when they can fill their time with a "ride now" experience with high-capacity or allow them to walk around the parks?

Mind you, it'll need significant investment to get the parks prepped for such a system (additional high-capacity experiences, lounge seating, increased walkway space, etc.)... but it's not impossible.
The wdw parks don’t have enough seats to handle its standard crowd levels now. That’s why these line systems keep getting worse

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Well aware, why I think the parks need investment to sustain such a system. They haven't really utilized space efficiently at their parks to accommodate crowds.
I just find it odd so many people talk about bringing back some old form of fastpass…like “That will fix it”

No…they broke it by not building when their attendance when up 10-15 million clicks during the reign of Emperor Bob.

That IS the problem.

So none of these things can work. They just don’t have the seats.

If anything…fastpass 1.0 would “work” the best because it was a set rate…but there would be lines to run to the machines and they be out by 8:30 every morning. That solves nothing.

Andrew25

I just find it odd so many people talk about bringing back some old form of fastpass…like “That will fix it”

No…they broke it by not building when their attendance when up 10-15 million clicks during the reign of Emperor Bob.

That IS the problem.

So none of these things can work. They just don’t have the seats.

If anything…fastpass 1.0 would “work” the best because it was a set rate…but there would be lines to run to the machines and they be out by 8:30 every morning. That solves nothing.
Agree, theme parks can play all the virtual queue/fastpass games they want... but building new and high-capacity experiences will be the only way to truly deal with overcrowding. Every single Disney park should have the attraction capacity of Disneyland, or close to it.

Fastpass in its original incarnation worked because it provided them the ability to "relocate" guests to other experiences that were less desired. But as attendance creeps up, and lack of additions added additional demand on those same experiences, it caused havoc.

What's bothersome is that Disney is more than capable of doing stuff to improve capacity (adding a 2nd Dumbo Spinner)... they just don't.

I think the parks can benefit from two forms of capacity improvement:
  • Attractions - additional experiences (like at DHS/DAK) or improved experiences that take over outdated/less desired experiences (Stitch, Pixar Film Festival/Figment, etc.)
  • Park Areas - Stuff like adding a permanent bypass to Main Street with additional dining/seating capacity

bjlc57

I’d bring back all the things that used to set Disney so far above everyone else:

Bring back the Disney look.
Bring back the Disney quality shows.
Bring back the Disney quality parades.
Bring back the Disney quality spectaculars (this one they’ve kind of done).
Bring back the Disney quality streetmosphere.
Bring back Magical Express.
Bring back luggage delivery.
Bring back package delivery.
Bring back the full extra magic hour.
Bring back the SeaRaycer boats.
Bring back FP, FP+, or preferably MaxPass in place of ILL, G+, and VQ.
Bring back entry without reservations.

Probably an unpopular one but I’d also raise the price (if necessary) until demand matches supply so the parks wouldn’t require reservations. If the parks were the same quality they used to be I can’t imaging how packed they’d be in the post Covid travel boom.
i am sorry but this is the winning post.. except for the searaycer boats.. i agree with everything on this post.. THIS IS DISNEY BEING DISNEY AGAIN.. congrats.. this post truly says it ALL..

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery - For my El Camino
Premium Member
Just curious, I think Id get rid of APs

I like how you think.

But I say we should get rid of Non-APs. They are very indicisive and just group up in the most inconvenient of spots. Always firmly concentrating on their smart phones like they are following a map or something. You know how many times I have to contort myself just to get out of their way. It's pretty scary.

And what's up with the ordering ritual at QS? There's usually a limited amount of things on the menu at most QS. Us experienced APers don't need to hear your family's thought process once you reach the cashier about what each of you are ordering and why. It just delays the line for everyone else.

I feel this change would be conducive to maximizing efficiencies in the park.

I think we should also consider, and possibly discuss, the banning of "first-time guests". But I'll leave that for another thread.

Last edited:
Continuous refurb schedule of all attractions in every park. I know this will never happen because Disney wants as few attractions closed during the "busy" season (as if an off season exists anymore) as possible, but if 1-2 attractions are in regular refurb at every park at any given time, I suspect fewer long-term/emergency refurbs would occur. Cake-Pop Carnotaur, who?

Club Cooloholic

I like how you think.

But I say we should get rid of Non-APs. They are very indicisive and just group up in the most inconvenient of spots. Always firmly concentrating on their smart phones like they are following a map or something. You know how many times I have to contort myself just to get out of their way. It's pretty scary.

And what's up with the ordering ritual at QS? There's usually a limited amount of things on the menu at most QS. Us experienced APers don't need to hear your family's thought process once you reach the cashier about what each of you are ordering and why. It just delays the line for everyone else.

I feel this change would be conducive to maximizing efficiencies in the park.

I think we should also consider, and possibly discuss, the banning of "first-time guests". But I'll leave that for another thread.
Eventually the park would run out of guests as the AP people die off, as you have to be a first time guest at some point. I will also wager Disney makes WAY more money off those first time guest visits vs AP.

MickeyLuv'r

Nobody has posted the most obvious change- add more attractions!

The WDW, esp HS and AK need more attractions. IMO, they should be like the Peoplemover/Pooh/Alien Swirling Saucers level attractions. The kind of attraction that many people are generally happy to ride, but not big enough to be a thrill ride.

Personally, I think the new Moana walk-through is great addition to Epcot in this category. I know many forum members, found it a bit disappointing, but that is exactly what the parks need, especially HS.

Chi84

Premium Member
Standby only. Went during the pandemic with this and it worked out great. No we didn't get on every ride, but we did get on the ones we wanted to.
You'd have to bring back the pandemic too, though. With full capacity, the lines for the most popular rides would be a nightmare.

JMcMahonEsq

Standby only. Went during the pandemic with this and it worked out great. No we didn't get on every ride, but we did get on the ones we wanted to.
We were there during the Pandemic as well, and agreed it worked out great....when you have park attendence down by 50-70%. Hell the attendance was so light during the delta phase of covid in August that the family road BTM 3 times in a row, without even getting out of the ride vehicle. They just let them go again and again since the lines were empty. Hard to translate operations during that period to normal attendence levels.

Club Cooloholic

We were there during the Pandemic as well, and agreed it worked out great....when you have park attendence down by 50-70%. Hell the attendance was so light during the delta phase of covid in August that the family road BTM 3 times in a row, without even getting out of the ride vehicle. They just let them go again and again since the lines were empty. Hard to translate operations during that period to normal attendence levels.
True. I will say we went during Thanksgiving after the vaccine was out, so a little more busy than usual, but maybe limiting the amount of tickets sold is the key. I know people hate the reservation system and I am not a fan, but I could stomach it more of it meant the crowds were controlled more though it. No park jump? Fine I can live with that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom