If the MSEP is returning to Disneyland, what happens to Magic Happens?

fgmnt

I don't want a parade in the Magic Kingdom until they fix egress. There was some talk once upon a time about a semi-themed backstage area cutting behind Main Street to get people out of the gates, but they also need to solve getting people across the lagoon faster.
If you (you being TDO) actually care about managing park egress, run multiple nighttime events in repeated and/or staggered fashion. Spectro/Wishes/Spectro was a combo that ran a lot back in the day right? Get people out at 3, 2, 1, 0, and -1 hours from closure.

Didn't fantasmic and illuminations used to get multiple sites as well? I can't remember.

doctornick

I found it a little odd that MSEP is returning to Disneyland with Magic Happens having ran only 2 weeks before the closures, which had both a day and night mode.

Ignoring PTN and DCA, couldn't they run Magic Happens during the day and MSEP at night if they wanted? I know they can run Magic Happens after dark, but it seems to me that is is more of a daytime parade.

Was Magic Happens not well received at DL?

brb1006

If you (you being TDO) actually care about managing park egress, run multiple nighttime events in repeated and/or staggered fashion. Spectro/Wishes/Spectro was a combo that ran a lot back in the day right? Get people out at 3, 2, 1, 0, and -1 hours from closure.

Didn't fantasmic and illuminations used to get multiple sites as well? I can't remember.
Yes, especially since Jiminy Cricket hosted both Spectromagic and Wishes.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!

Fantasmic had two shows on nights Studios was open late. Illuminations, however, was always one show a night (almost always at 9 PM).

jrhwdw

Ignoring PTN and DCA, couldn't they run Magic Happens during the day and MSEP at night if they wanted? I know they can run Magic Happens after dark, but it seems to me that is is more of a daytime parade.

Was Magic Happens not well received at DL?
I Think the public liked Magic Happens. But COVID closed DL and Magic Happens. There's no reason why Magic Happens can't stay on if DL wants MSEP's 50th Anniversary (which I get, DL started MSEP just like WDW started EWP) IDK why WDW can't make PTN fit(If DLR is only focused on MSEP) or make their own version of PTN/Dreamlighs/Spectro 2.0 or something brand new!

BaymaxFan

I Think the public liked Magic Happens. But COVID closed DL and Magic Happens. There's no reason why Magic Happens can't stay on if DL wants MSEP's 50th Anniversary (which I get, DL started MSEP just like WDW started EWP) IDK why WDW can't make PTN fit(If DLR is only focused on MSEP) or make their own version of PTN/Dreamlighs/Spectro 2.0 or something brand new!
WDW needs something like Spectro but with modern technology of PTN.

RescueTheDay

Don’t stress, Magic Happens will come back to DL as well. DL is just using MSEP’s 50th as a marketing ploy, but magic happens will follow eventually.

Squishy

1635283014456.png

CaptainAmerica

Paint the Night is the parade equivalent of Mickey's Mix Magic. Absolutely horrendous soundtrack with no grandeur or magesty whatsoever. I genuinely can't understand why people like it so much. It's an embarrassment for a castle park. It's like a toddler with a Disney+ subscription got ahold of some cocaine and a box of Christmas lights.

Disney Analyst

Paint the Night is the parade equivalent of Mickey's Mix Magic. Absolutely horrendous soundtrack with no grandeur or magesty whatsoever. I genuinely can't understand why people like it so much. It's an embarrassment for a castle park. It's like a toddler with a Disney+ subscription got ahold of some cocaine and a box of Christmas lights.

PTN is brilliant and should return. I firmly disagree with your opinion on this front, sorry Cap!

Don't zombie me.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member

You aren’t far off. 😀

There may be another reason TDA is loathe to send any parade they own to the swamps... 🤔

jrhwdw

Sorry but it's much, much better than Mix Magic!!!! And HKDL and DLR seemed to like it! If HKDL even has theirs anymore........

Disneyson

I think part of the problem with staggered times is that you end up with large amounts of people entering and exiting the park at the same time. Parade 1 happens, then fireworks, then loads of people are trying to exit the park while the hoppers from Epcot, Animal Kingdom, and Studios show up to watch Parade 2, especially if Parade 2 is late enough where they can head over after Harmonious and Fantasmic have ended.

I have absolutely no clue if this is one of their considerations, and I know it's not as bad as this, but I just know how unsafe I felt trying to leave the Monstrous Summer 24-hour event around 10:00 when armies of people were showing up at the same time from the other parks. I thought I might die in front of Casey's Corner.

I think this is a really funny trio of discussion points.

Paint The Night deserves to go to DHS, then. It’s current situation matches the description, IMHO. And it would spread crowds. Or give Epcot it’s evening pageant back. Or fix RoL. Or put Drones into Disney Springs to serve the crowd-mopping function Pleasure Island had. Or do it all! Crowding in terms of re-entry can be easily fixed if there are many different things going on, and this is the way it used to be. Disneyland was able to handle two night parades, three major nighttime spectaculars, and a dance party that was likely a WAY better alcohol-seller than many of the gimmicks tried at Orlando. Heck, even Disneyland Paris is getting parades and fireworks back soon. I don’t see why, with the blessing of size, this has consistently been a stumbling block with TDO, and why the parks haven’t had at least six or seven evening experiences running consistently.

doctornick

Of course it is possible they run both parades at Disneyland, but it would be an odd decision in light of there being no parade in Florida.

Maybe I'm being naïve, but I feel like if they are going to run a regular parade at DLR, they'd probably also plan to bring back FoF in the same timeframe. unless staffing prohibits. I thought folks on here have mentioned that there are plans to bring FoF back.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom