If I Had The Power To Return ONE Attraction It Would be...

Walt Disney1955

Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. Or 20k. I loved those rides. Just simple stuff. Kind of epitomized just how Disney could coerce you into a ride that was closer to a carnival ride than anything.

07vanquish

I'm really going to miss goofy's barnstormer, loved the details, I'm going to miss all of Toontown's Fair for that matter. I'm sure the circus will be fine, but it won't be the same..

dsnyfreak

It's hard to pick just one. On one hand, you have classic EPCOT Center attractions like Horizons or World Of Motion, original SpaceShip Earth, Universe of Energy and of course the original Journey Into Imagination. Then you've got original Magic Kingdom attractions that a lot of us grew up with, like Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, the original Snow White (pre-1994), Mickey Mouse Revue, ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter, If You Had Wings, The Timekeeper, etc. (Wow, so many extinct MK attractions).

All in all, I will vote 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. Not only do I have awesome memories of it as a kid, but I still can't fathom that the powers that be let such a MASSIVE E-ticket attraction just fall to trash like that. It used to be quite an experience just WATCHING those subs swim around the lagoon! What a cool site, great piece of theme park eye-candy. I can't believe they just let it sit for nearly a decade without doing anything for it. Such a sad death for what a wonderful, innovative and classic attraction.

amen

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
Easiest. Question. Ever.
321502417_9wlkl-l.jpg

This.

There are many old things I miss, but nothing even comes close to AC.

Spike-in-Berlin

It's a difficult question because there are several attractions that...wait a minute!
What rubbish am I talking?
HORIZONS!

Now more seriously. Yes I would chose Horizons, not only because of it's epitomic character for the ENTIRE park but also due to it's enormous elaborate design. However I would like a technologically even more advanced version. The "ride into space", my absolute favorite part of the entire ride, could be done even more convincingly today with modern projection technology.

I understand however that some people want 20.000 LutS back, it was an impressive attraction on first sight. But it had some serious flaws. E.g. I remember the ride itself being less than thrilling (actually the AAs were already outdated by early 1990ies and actually quite disappointing, I never repeated it due to the waiting time (before FP) because I didn't enjoy it enough to wait at least 45-60 minutes in the searing sun because of the nearly none-existing cueueing area design! Boarding was extremely slow, the ride had some really corny scenes like the squid attack and it was all far less thrilling than you would expect a submarine ride to be.
I don't miss the old 20.000 LutS enough to wish it back but I would greatly appreciate a 21st. century-version with enhanced SFX and completely new ride technology.

scheat

Definitely horizons, but bringing back all of late 80s future world would be awesome. Imagine if Disney announced they were going to do an updated version of horizons.....wow, brings a tear.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Definately Wonders of Life in a newer-version but basically the same.

Heck even re-making the old 80's version would be better than just an empty building..

-WondersOfLife

The last original pavilion. :king:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom