If I could improve Walt Disney World....

stitchcastle

Original Poster
wow, I never thought of that 1ststar, although i've never heard that song before. I'm beggining to warm up to the idea of making a soundtrack for the "Seasons of Love" Celebration :D. It's gonna be annual by the way, all the more reason to go back to WDW every year :D

Tahu, yeah I was kinda attempting to make the sage more other-worldly I even toyed with the idea of making his head an elaborate hat for an old man who looks like Merlin, but i guess if it ain't broke, don't fix it huh? So i'll just revert back to the old hands :D

oh and I love the idea about Gimora (spelling? :D) swooping in and interrupting the two (Kong and Big G) during the battle, wow, I just noticed, MGM is now FULL of attractions.

I'm also thinking of moving Fantasmic! to the Magic Kingdom what do you guys think? I'm gonna have to demolish/modify Tom Sawyer Island to keep the Mickey on the Mountain scene though. But with Cinderellabration and Wishes going year-round not to mention Spectro, i think it might be too much nighttime entertainment for the park to handle. i'm aslo thinking of moving Spectromagic to Port Disney.

Would anyone like to suggest a nighttime show for Port Disney? :D

I think i'm beggining to go on a creative dry spill, what do you guys wanna see added to the 5 parks?

stitchcastle

Original Poster
don't worry I ahven't forgotten about it, I just got a sudden jolt of inspiration for my WDW expansion.

I'll post my thoughts on FL tomorrow.

anyway, what do you guys wanna add in to my WDW expansion? i'd be willing to make concept sketches for them. and which of the attractions in this thread without concept sketches would you like for me to make some of?

FigmentJedi

Here's more info on Gamera: http://www.shrineofgamera.com/gamera.html
He's basically third after Kong and Godzilla in popularity of kaiju with their own films(Mothra and Rodan would follow soon afterward) Fans have wanted to see the two big G's battle it out for years now and I think that the attraction would be nice for a three way fight.
And I've had lots of ideas for new WDW stuff and have toyed with the idea of a Spaceship Earth update hosted by the Sage and the finale borrowing loads from Horizons, focusing on the communication aspects of the second half of the ride and how in Land, Sea or Space that communication can bring people together. I've also thought of bringing the Dreamseekers to Imagination, possibly in a new 3D show replacing HISTA or just as streetmosphere, traveling across Future World and collecting dreams. Dreamfinder would obviously come back to JII and the Institute theme would be gone.
As for stuff at other parks, there could be a new Mr. Toad ride, but as a crazy mouse coaster instead of a dark ride, in fact that was the original plan for it. At AK at one time, I considered having Figment being a reoccuring character at Beastly Kingdom and include an EMV ride with Figment as your host and running into some hungry Chupacabras in the climax, a Greek Mythology thrill ride where you must escape the Minotaur and encounter other beasts including some harpies, a Cyclops and Scylla and Charybdis. And for your Dragon's Tower, you need a bat with a pirate hat as the guy in charge.
If I could find some ideas after you basically used up loads of, I will post them.

imagineer boy

WOW. How could I ignore this thread?! You have some amazing ideas there! You also can draw pretty good too. Wow, simply wow. I am quite impressed. Well done!

NeXuS1000

stitchcastle said:
oh, well you're free to take them to Isle of Disney if you like :)

No no, arhg... the whole point of Isle of Disney is to bring the greatest ideas of all the amateur-imagineers together and get the best of the best stuff possible. I cannot take YOUR ideas and use them... no, because you should write would YOU think would be the best thing ever imaginable...

Wannabe Walt

Stitchcastle...As I have said before...you are amazing! I hope that job you have has something to do with art! (Otherwise its probably a waste!) :D

stitchcastle

Original Poster
Thanks Imagineer boy and Wannabe Walt :)

I decided to make a sort of promotional art for the resort with the new motto "It's A Whole New World..." which could be tied to each of the 5 parks

example:

MK- It's a Whole New World of Magic
EPCOT- It's A Whole New World of Wonders
D-MGM- It's A Whole New World of Fantasy
AK- It's A Whole New World of Adventure
PD- It's A Whole New World of Discovery

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y72/stitchcastle/wholenewworld.jpg

~*Magic Kingdom~*~EPCOT~*~Disney-MGM Studios~*~Disney's Animal Kingdom~*~Port Disney*~

I'll make logos and posters for each park sometime within the week :)

stitchcastle

Original Poster
thanks Walt :D

Here are the promotional Posters for each park with MK and MGM emphasizing the new attractions.

Magic Kingdom -
magickingdom.jpg

"Where Fantasy Reigns"

EPCOT -
epcotcenter.jpg

"Discover the Wonder"

Disney-MGM Studios -
disney-mgmstudios.jpg

"Where Movies are Alive"

Disney's Animal Kingdom -
disneysanimalkingdom.jpg

"A Wild Experience"

Port Disney -
PortDisney.jpg

"Where Adventure and Imagination Set Sail"

:D

stitchcastle

Original Poster
Thanks for replying guys :)

Anyway i finally got my groove back and now I got a bunch of new E-ticket attractions for all 5 parks, no concept sketches yet though. I'll probably make them within the week.

~Magic Kingdom~

- Kingdom of Dreams - Nighttime Spectacular - A New Fireworks extravaganza that takes its cue from all of the precedeeing WDW fireworks shows and something extra. The show celebrates the dreams that built the magic kingdom which features interchanging audio of guests' own personal wishes as well as the disney characters. there will also be the special "Disney World in the sky" segment that lets some of the most memorable moments from all five WDW parks and turn them into spectacles in the sky.

the numerous effects include perimeter fireworks, synchronized lighting around the hub and down mainstreet (this will also make use of the Cinderellabration arches), a brand new Castle lighting system that would make every single part of the castle come to life, dancing water fountains around the hub island and the big finale which features Sorcerer Mickey on top of the castle's tallest spire.

~EPCOT~

-TerraVerse - A brand new pavillion that focuses on Natural Disasters and how to predict and harness them. The thesis attraction, Violent Earth, is a mutli-sensory experience that puts guests in the middle of almost every major natural disaster possible. Earthquakes, Tornadoes, Hurricanes, Floods, Lightning Storms,Fire Storms, Blizzards etc... The simulation is also random so you might experience one disaster on one sitting and expereince a completely new set of disasters in completely new magnitudes the next (the rarest would be the tsunami and the volcano eruption which takes regular guests mutliple rides before they experience them). each session lasts 15 terrifying minutes.

~Disney-MGM Studios~

-Transylvannia Theater - A terrifying new ride experience that turns the end of Sunset Boulevard into a brand new Horror themed land. Using the ride system from Universe of Energy and adding in elements of Alien Encounter and 3D technology, Guests are tricked into watching the premiere of the new Transylvannia Theater only to disturb the World's most famous Vampire and all his evil minions.

Transylvannia Theater takes guests straight into the middle of a war between cinema's most terrifying monsters. From hordes of Zombies (guests will experience a terrifying "Zombie room" where corpse upon corpse rise from the grave and go after them) The Werewolf (guests will witness the transformation of who is "supposed" to be a fellow audience member into a ferocious werewolf) the Frankenstein Monster, and Dracula himself (guests will actually experience being "bitten") but do not fear for there is still hope, if you could last till sunrise you might just make it out in one piece.

~Disney's Animal Kingdom~

-Dinosaur Safaris - With the rescue of Aladar, the scientists behind Dinoland have finally been able to "restore" the long extinct Dinosaurs in an extremely successful breeding program. Now, in order to help funding of further research, the scientists have set up a "Dino-Zoo-fari" where guests could ride in jeeps and see exhibit after exhibit of living, breathing dinosaurs. Unfortunately, A cloning company intends to sabotage the scientists' breeding efforts by stealing the dinosaurs for their own experiments. Can you help the scientists out in time? And what would happen if the T-Rex was accidentally set free?

~Port Disney~

-Crime Stoppers - An All new attraction for American Waterfront where Gangsters have set prisoners free to run about the city on a harrowing crime spree. The Police arms you with guns to nab as many of the convicts as you can. This ride uses the same technology as the MIB ride in Universal with a rather "cool" new ________ Tracy-ish theme. There are two endings one where you lose and another where you win, depending on how many criminals you get.

Mouse3268

I really like all of your ideas. :sohappy: I am just kind of confused on were every thing is. Is there any way you could make a map of each of you five updated parks? Thanks! :)

stitchcastle

Original Poster
Yeah I've been thinking of making entire maps for all the parks I think i'll get started on them this weekend or something :D

anyway, I've decided to create 2 new lands for port Disney that will incorporate real live marine animals. The first is Typhoon Lagoon which has a tropical setting and will feature dolphins(which will be the new star attraction of the park), jellyfish and other tropical fish. The second would be an updated SeaBase Alpha and would feauture a giant aquarium. I'd post details but i think i'm gonna need help with how to present the dolphin shows since I want them to be part of a story instead of the usual tricks and play.

thanks for replying Mouse3268 :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom